Workout Talk!!! Music? Nutrition? Advice?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Wink Workout Talk!!! Music? Nutrition? Advice?
I find that the right music gives me more energy and endurance.

I can run/bike/workout harder, faster, quicker and longer.

This is the kind of stuff I've listening to lately:

http://youtu.be/YPaZFtDRI4c

DnB/neuroteck/darkstep

What do u like to listen to?

About foods, I'm eating heavier in the morning and lighter in the evening. Whatever.
Avoiding sugars, sodas, candy, fast food, refined flour, white rice, etc.

Right after a workout about 20-40g of protein rich meal. No supplements yet.

I'm thinning out the "muffin top" not building up muscle at all. Laughat

What do I do?

(4-5 times a week)

1- I bike like 3 miles with ridiculous hills and then to the floor and I do 100 crunches, 20 push ups, 20 triceps dips. Shower, stretch and go to work.

2- I bike like 3 miles with ridiculous down hills and then one up hill and then to the floor and I do some push ups and some pull ups when I get home. Shower, stretch and go to bed or something else.

I know its not much, Confused but its what I can fit in mega ultra tight schedule.

What do u do?

Bowing

I Heart Qualia Soup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Weeeeee_Zard's post
20-03-2013, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2013 05:50 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Workout Talk!!! Music? Nutrition? Advice?
(20-03-2013 01:07 PM)Weeeeee_Zard Wrote:  I find that the right music gives me more energy and endurance. ... What do u like to listen to?

I typically listen to either disco or metal when working out but think I'm gonna give your shit a go. I can see how that could work. Thumbsup

(20-03-2013 01:07 PM)Weeeeee_Zard Wrote:  Avoiding sugars, sodas, candy, fast food, refined flour, white rice, etc.

Prediabetic here. Stopped eating that shit when first diagnosed some 6 years ago now. That shit'll turn you into a diabetic.

(20-03-2013 01:07 PM)Weeeeee_Zard Wrote:  What do u do?

Girly likes lifting bigass rocks off the ground. Did aerobics for a year or so until I realized that heavy sets of deadlifts and squats raise my heart rate far higher than typical moderate aerobic exercise (I wear a heartrate monitor when I exercise). They're pretty much equivalent to interval training 'cept I get to lift bigass rocks off the ground and get stronger and build more muscle which sucks up the sugars and keeps me from turning from pre to full diabetic. Think the single most useful exercise if I had to choose one is heavyass deadlifts (I use a trap bar so I don't blow out my old man back).

(20-03-2013 01:07 PM)Weeeeee_Zard Wrote:  Right after a workout about 20-40g of protein rich meal.

I typically sip on my protein drink in between sets instead of waiting until my workout is done. But it's just liquid protein like Isopure's. If I try to use a shake made from powder or even just straight milk, the heavy sets will make me puke it up.

(20-03-2013 01:07 PM)Weeeeee_Zard Wrote:  No supplements yet.

Does testosterone count as a supplement? Got diagnosed with low T about a year after the prediabetes, so been juicing for the last 5 years. You're too young to need it yet, but when you do (and odds are you will), it can make a 50 yo ass feel like 18 again, only much stronger.

That's what I do.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Awesome! Biking up hill both ways Thumbsup

I listen to the Songza app, I pick different genres, whatever I'm in the mood for. Typically it's electronica of some sort.

Last summer I was a big runner and then I abruptly stopped everything (life became a bit much). This year I started again, though not as much as I'd like. I'm craving a little more.

I was also lifting (small) weights a bit and doing crunches/pushups but I found I was getting nothing from it so I started to see a personal trainer Mondays and Wednesdays, I started about a month and a half ago with that. The routine kicks my ass and makes me aware of body parts I never knew I had. Most days I'm sore in random places. It's what I was looking for, so I'm going to do this for the next few months.

A friend is going to train competitively this fall and is bugging me about joining her, but I don't know yet. I'll see how this spring/summer goes.

For food I eat lean protein after the trainer workout, but I pretty much eat whatever at any other time. Not a lot, but I'm not strict. That's a big part of not wanting to compete, I friggin' love too much good food, ha ha.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
21-03-2013, 07:40 PM
I have to be careful what I listen to while working out. The reason I like some songs is because they calm me, and there are times when I get so hypnotized by a song when I'm working out that it saps my energy. When that happens, I'd rather take a nap than go balls-to-the-wall on the weights. So, I've gotta avoid those particular songs. Sad

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
10-04-2013, 02:54 PM
after biking, 150 crunches while listening to this!

last time I did 120....

music is the weapon.

I Heart Qualia Soup
[+] 1 user Likes Weeeeee_Zard's post
10-04-2013, 03:07 PM
When I could work out (and hopefully when I can again): I listen to a lot of Rage Against The Machine for strength training and mile runs. For cardio I prefer very soothing, relaxation tracks... Might be strange, but I like to zone out and let my legs do their thing.
10-04-2013, 04:21 PM
My favorite workout is extreme couch sitting, and my preferred energy supplement is potato chips.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
10-04-2013, 07:10 PM
I usually listen to podcasts while working out. I do a bit of weight lifting, and hike. Used to bike but I've hurt my leg a good bit.
11-04-2013, 05:56 AM
Re: RE: Workout Talk!!! Music? Nutrition? Advice?
(10-04-2013 04:21 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  My favorite workout is extreme couch sitting, and my preferred energy supplement is potato chips.

You can do a variation of that called "star gazers" where you "sit" longways on the couch in a horizontal orientation. Its very zen like.
[+] 2 users Like TheBlackKnight's post
11-04-2013, 07:06 AM
(11-04-2013 05:56 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  
(10-04-2013 04:21 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  My favorite workout is extreme couch sitting, and my preferred energy supplement is potato chips.

You can do a variation of that called "star gazers" where you "sit" longways on the couch in a horizontal orientation. Its very zen like.

And the effectiveness is enhanced with the addition of a cat curled up on the legs to help stabilize. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post