Workout Talk!!! Music? Nutrition? Advice?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2013, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 17-04-2013 08:39 PM by ghostexorcist.)
RE: Workout Talk!!! Music? Nutrition? Advice?
I used to run 4 miles a day when I was in the army. We did lots of body weight exercises like push ups, situps, lunges, bear walks, etc.. Weight training was never really a big focus for some reason. I stopped running after I got out of the army because I hurt my foot jumping out of airplanes while serving. They had to fuse the joint of my big toe where the phalange meets the metacarpal. I don't have the fastest metabolism in the world, so I gained weight. I've continued to do pushups and situps on and off over the years, though. My job requires me to do lots of heavy lifting, so I never weigh train. I gained quite a bit of weight last year, so I started running again. It wasn't much; I normally went a mile and walked for another mile and a half. I lost about 30 lbs over the course of the latter part of the summer and the beginning of the fall semester. I stopped running for several months because it got cold and the air in the school rec center was so damn dry that it screwed with my sinuses. I also stopped doing my ab exercises because of an intestinal thing. This caused me to chub up a little in the middle. I've started running again now that it's gotten warmer. I'm proud to say that I ran over two miles today (even with a messed up foot). It's been 11 or 12 years since I broke the two mile mark. I'm guessing its because I let my mind wonder while I'm running around campus. Seeing all of the girls in short shorts and tube tops really helps with this. I don't listen to anything while I'm running. I bet that would actually help me phase out more. I might look into buying an iPod mini when school is out.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
22-04-2013, 07:33 PM
I just ran 3.5 miles. I'm proud of myself, but I don't want to make a habit of it. My foot is killing me!
22-04-2013, 07:36 PM
(22-04-2013 07:33 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I just ran 3.5 miles. I'm proud of myself, but I don't want to make a habit of it. My foot is killing me!

You ditch the cop that was chasing you?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
22-04-2013, 07:40 PM
(22-04-2013 07:36 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 07:33 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I just ran 3.5 miles. I'm proud of myself, but I don't want to make a habit of it. My foot is killing me!

You ditch the cop that was chasing you?

Definitely. If there is one thing I've learned from running from the cops over the years, it's that the serpentine pattern is the way to go. Their rotund body's can't handle quick trajectory changes.
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
25-04-2013, 07:32 PM
I just ran 5 miles. I haven't went that far since I was in the military. That was like 12 years ago.
25-04-2013, 08:43 PM
The cheapo pedometer I've been using crapped out on me today; it said I only ran 2.6 miles when I know I went farther than that. I drove the route with my car, and the car mileage said 5 miles. Can anyone recommend a good pedometer?
01-05-2013, 04:43 PM
Me:

[Image: FirstWorldProblems_zps99543f5c.png]
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
02-05-2013, 05:38 PM
Workout Talk!!! Music? Nutrition? Advice?
(01-05-2013 04:43 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Me:

[Image: FirstWorldProblems_zps99543f5c.png]

Well that'll get you pretty rounded instead of surrounded! Big Grin

It's more difficult to live when lazy than when active, effort is the key for the door to success. You are the lock.

Smile

I Heart Qualia Soup
[+] 1 user Likes Weeeeee_Zard's post
06-05-2013, 12:39 AM
Found this song a day or two ago. It's excellent for powering a workout.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
06-05-2013, 01:14 AM
For the past year I've been doing exercise programs from Beachbody (P90X, Les Mills Pump, Body Beast, and Les Mills Combat). Right now I'm in the middle of Insanity, which is a cardio/body weight program.

It's taken me that year to refine my food intake to the point where I'm finally losing fat - I'm kind of a slow learner (plus it ain't as easy losing chub at 46 as it was at 23).

For supplements I take a multivitamin, fish/flaxseed oil, glucosamine/chondroiten/MSM, COq10, probiotics, Turmeric, Ginkoba, Lutein, low-dose aspirin, and pre-, mid-, and post-workout powders. Much of it probably makes my pee expensive and yellow, but what the heck? I'm in good shape and feel well, so I'm happy.