Workout Talk!!! Music? Nutrition? Advice?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2013, 10:17 PM
RE: Workout Talk!!! Music? Nutrition? Advice?
(06-05-2013 12:39 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Found this song a day or two ago. It's excellent for powering a workout.

I have it on my computer. I once fell asleep listening to music and woke up later during this song. I heeded its advice when it started telling me to "go back to sleep."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
10-05-2013, 10:41 PM
I'd like to add that I've recently begun to mountain bike as the weather has become more hospitable. I only bike about 2 or 3 miles, but there are a lot of hills. Some more rugged and unpaved than others.

I'm pretty much ready to puke by the time I reach the college. Thumbsup

Mainly because it's a Catholic college with a big Jesus statue out front, but also because of all the biking. Tongue

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
17-09-2013, 07:48 PM
I'm happy to say that I ran 2 miles in 15:10. This may not seem all that fast, but 15:30 was the cutoff time for people in their early 20s when I was in the army. That was 10 years ago. As I mentioned before, I have a messed up foot and knees, so I consider this a huge accomplishment. I probably could have come in under 15 if I didn't have to dodge all of the people and cars up around campus. I'll try it again in a few weeks to see if I can break that time. I'm coming up on 200 miles since I started running and walking at the end of April.
17-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Good job man!

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
17-09-2013, 07:58 PM
^
i do 2 km in 15 mins.
So you beat me with your messed up feet and knee. Quite the accomplishment

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
17-09-2013, 08:05 PM
(17-09-2013 07:58 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  ^
i do 2 km in 15 mins.
So you beat me with your messed up feet and knee. Quite the accomplishment

Thanks. It has taken me several months to build up to this. Having good running shoes helps too. My new ones are like feathers compared to my old ones.
17-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Girly wants to be QuarterTonGirlyMan lifting 500lbs off the ground.. I can lift 405 but that's like 20% short. ... Thinking about just doing deadlifts until I get there.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-09-2013, 09:51 PM
As my forum name indicates I do a two hour New York City Ballet workout. Was a pro dancer when I was younger. Pilates classes three times a week. I hate those dumb seudo dance type of videos that are advertised on TV. Either actually dance or do something else. I take Tango once a week. Love it 'cause I get to wear high heeled shoes. Tongue

Sometimes I wear point shoes in the ballet class I take but not often. It takes incredible core strength to balance on point and I've lost the inner power and desire to work at it.

I drop in on a yoga class. It's soothing and stretchy. Someone said once that you are as young as your spine is flexible. It is very true.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
19-09-2013, 02:22 PM
When I'm doing something more intense like a circuit workout or interval training i like to throw on something that's either upbeat/catchy or really heavy...which for me usually boils down to Four Year Strong, Coheed and Cambria, or something along the lines of The Black Dahlia Murder. But when I'm doing more aerobic exercise i like to listen to podcasts.

I've become a big fan of circuit workouts that usually last 3-4 rounds and utilize a lot of compound movements and intense cardio.
02-10-2013, 06:05 PM
I finally broke the 15 minute barrier. I ran 2 miles in 14:55. I'm pretty pleased with myself.
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post