World Cup Predictions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2014, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2014 03:46 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
RE: World Cup Predictions
It would be nice if somebody other than Germany, Brazil, Italy, or Argentina won the next World Cup.

Stop hogging the trophy you greedy bastards. Angry

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, I'd be gleeful over a tournament where all of those teams got knocked out before the Semi-finals. That would be utterly hilarious.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2014, 03:22 PM
(15-07-2014 03:18 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  It would be nice if somebody other than Germany, Brazil, Italy, or Argentina won the next World Cup.

You mean like France?
15-07-2014, 03:37 PM
(15-07-2014 03:22 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 03:18 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  It would be nice if somebody other than Germany, Brazil, Italy, or Argentina won the next World Cup.

You mean like France?

Actually, I'd most like to see the Netherlands win. Good team that's made it to the semifinals quite a few times, but has yet to win a title.

Uruguay hasn't won since 1950, I wouldn't mind seeing them take the next title home, but I find that unlikely to happen.

I'd also like to see Mexico make it out of the second group stage for once.

[Image: giphy.gif]
16-07-2014, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2014 12:40 PM by therealJim.)
Football is a simple game. Twenty-two men chase a ball for 90 minutes
and at the end, the Germans always win. Yes
------------------------------------------------------- Gary Lineker

Big Grin

"Newton's third law: The only way humans have ever figured out of getting somewhere is to leave something behind." - TARS, Interstellar
"Newtons drittes Gesetz: Der einzige Weg wie Menschen irgendwo hin kommen, ist der dass sie etwas zur├╝cklassen." - TARS, Interstellar
[+] 2 users Like therealJim's post
16-07-2014, 09:10 PM
(15-07-2014 03:37 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Actually, I'd most like to see the Netherlands win. Good team that's made it to the semifinals quite a few times, but has yet to win a title.

Uruguay hasn't won since 1950, I wouldn't mind seeing them take the next title home, but I find that unlikely to happen.

I wish England could do what America do, every time we invent a sport not convince the rest of the world to join in (or to join in but without the same degree of participation), then we may actually win something ourselves. Dodgy

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
16-07-2014, 09:19 PM
(16-07-2014 09:10 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 03:37 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Actually, I'd most like to see the Netherlands win. Good team that's made it to the semifinals quite a few times, but has yet to win a title.

I wish England could do what America do, every time we invent a sport not convince the rest of the world to join in (or to join in but without the same degree of participation), then we may actually win something ourselves. Dodgy

Nope you lot can't even win at cricket.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
16-07-2014, 09:41 PM
(16-07-2014 09:19 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Nope you lot can't even win at cricket.

We did have a few years quite recently of beating the ever loving crap out of every team we faced. Not that it lasted that long though, now we're back to having the ever loving crap beaten out of us by every team we face. Undecided

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
17-07-2014, 12:57 AM
(16-07-2014 09:10 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I wish England could do what America do, every time we invent a sport not convince the rest of the world to join in (or to join in but without the same degree of participation), then we may actually win something ourselves. Dodgy

What England needs to do is invent a sport that needs to be played in wind and rain.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
17-07-2014, 01:43 AM
(17-07-2014 12:57 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  What England needs to do is invent a sport that needs to be played in wind and rain.

They did.

And that world cup is next year.

30 men chase a ball and the Kiwis always win.
-- not Gary Lineker

17-07-2014, 11:01 AM
[Image: a4f6044592ed1511f1d54fd4dba73a.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post