World Cup Predictions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2014, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2014 03:05 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: World Cup Predictions
Hey Hughsie, how's it feel to get your ass kicked by a country most people couldn't find on a fucking map? Uruguay? Sounds like a food additive and shit. ... God I love the World Cup. Big Grin

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2014, 05:40 PM
I don't think Russia stand a a chance of qualifying - based on what I saw the other day against S Korea

** Jingo Planet **
19-06-2014, 07:50 PM
(14-06-2014 05:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Wondered why I couldn't get IT to come fix something. When they finally appeared they were watching the World Cup on their phones.

It seems the IT guys and I have different priorities. Dodgy

All IT guys have different priorities.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
19-06-2014, 09:01 PM
(19-06-2014 07:41 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(18-06-2014 04:49 PM)Filox Wrote:  Croatia - Cameroon 1:0 at halftime. Also, Cameroon has a red card. Yes! And it was the stupidest red card ever.

Evil_monster

EDIT:

It's already 2:0 for Croatia.

3:0

It ended with 4:0 for Croatia. Mexico, you're fucking next. BTW, if we draw with Mexico, we still go on. I'm gonna make Girly eat his own words...

Actually if you draw with Mexico you probably go out. They have four points and you have three atm so it would mean they finished a point above you. The only way you can draw and still go through is if Cameroon beat Brazil and you finish with a higher goal difference than Brazil, that way you and Mexico would go through.

Yeah, you're right, I was just thinking about that today... Kinda hard for Brazil to lose against Cameroon, don't you think? But miracles can happen. I'll be praying for a miracle. Or a win against Mexico.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
21-06-2014, 01:08 PM
I predict Argentina's Embassy in Tehran will burn, a fatwa will be issued against Lionel Messi, and all the French assets held in Swiss banks will mysteriously disappear.

#sigh
21-06-2014, 05:19 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that Chile will reach the Qtr Finals at least.

Sweeping aside either Brazil or Croatia in the process.

Smile

** Jingo Planet **
23-06-2014, 05:48 AM
Have Germany won yet?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
23-06-2014, 05:14 PM
(19-06-2014 04:07 AM)barcelonic Wrote:  In the Spain game one of the commentators metioned that football is ever-evolving. And it is so true!

Based on what I've seen so far (I've watched almost every game so far) I'd say the 5-3-2 is blossoming and will be the new thing in football like the 433 overtook the 442

Wing backs negate the inside forwards (if they are good) and the whole formation is surprisingly potent in attack because it switches to a 3-5-2 and allows the midfield playmaker to advance making it more of a 3-4-3 in attacking phases of play.

What u all think about this? Agree?

As for predictions, I been saying for last 3 years than Argentina would win this cup, but now I'm a bit worried (cus i placed a bet on Argentina) that Holland and Germany could win.

If i had to bet now I'd actually put my money on Germany to win

EDIT: Oh and Brazil could even get knocked out by Chile if they are not careful !

I'm not sure whether 5-3-2 will catch on. I think European teams are too used to having a back four and will avoid switching to three centre-backs. I wouldn't be hugely surprised if it did catch on though, it's been an effective formation so far in Brazil.

I think England shoulda played 4-4-2 but with a diamond in midfield (so technically a 4-1-2-1-2). Most of the midfielders we took were central players and we've had the entire nation asking how we can accommodate both Rooney and Sturridge. If we played the diamond we coulda got the best out of our midfield whilst playing both Rooney and Sturridge up front together. Plus it woulda worked to the favour of Johnson and Baines to have so much space to attack into.

Unfortunately though Hodgson isn't a particularly good tactician, nor are his team selections hugely great. Any manager who agonizes over how to fit two strikers into a formation that only has one up front should not be managing at this level. You pick your strongest overall team, not your best eleven individuals. He shoulda either picked Sturridge and Rooney and played them up front together, or he shoulda dropped one of them, he didn't have the bottle to drop one or the tactical knowledge to put them both up front though.

(19-06-2014 03:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Hey Hughsie, how's it feel to get your ass kicked by a country most people couldn't find on a fucking map? Uruguay? Sounds like a food additive and shit. ... God I love the World Cup. Big Grin

I'm not that bothered. I expected it from the start so I was already resigned to it.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
23-06-2014, 11:20 PM
Croatia - Mexico 1:3

Fuck it, we're going home.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
24-06-2014, 01:34 AM
(23-06-2014 11:20 PM)Filox Wrote:  Croatia - Mexico 1:3

Fuck it, we're going home.

Don't feel bad, Mexico kicked us out of the football world cup too (they beat us meaning we didn't qualify).

aka, I'll hold them down you punch them repetitively in the face.

[Image: oscar.png]