World Goverment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2012, 03:37 PM
World Goverment
I've always had this thought about a united world, 1 goverment body for the world and
no more borders or nationalism or tolerance for dictators.

i haven't looked much into this idea in terms of research, but while i do my homework
id like to know what you all think about this? how does the concept of an entire secular democratic world nation without borders or barriers, with shared resources and collaboration go with you?

and also im pretty sure that this cant be accomplished while religion or other outdated ideologies are still in the picture

What do you guys think? arent we all just citizens of the world?

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Jackrabbit's post
11-02-2012, 03:40 PM
RE: World Goverment
(11-02-2012 03:37 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  What do you guys think? arent we all just citizens of the world?

It would make perfect sense, jackrabbit, we are the same species, living on the same planet.

It is a lovely dream, probably centuries in the future, if humanity does not self destruct in the near future, as it seems to be bent on.

However, "dreams sometime come true, even if you tell them"! Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Zat's post
11-02-2012, 04:05 PM
I actually think Gene Rodenberry had the right idea on this one. We'll be fighting wars over border until we realize there's a lot more out there than the earth. I see peace as coming when we finally have a new place to explore, and people who really don't get along can start mapping out their own destinations again. I think ages of exploration are some of the best periods for relations between allied countries. Setting up arbitrary territorial lines will keep going on until we have space for the massive amounts of people who are both born and kept alive. Maybe if we kill off religion the numbers will die down. A large amount of people are naturally understanding that there is no great need for you to have 20 babies anymore. the religious however never look to the real world for answers. I say we need more space or less people. And most people seem to prefer the more space argument.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
11-02-2012, 04:21 PM
This was the huge fear of the brand of fundies I grew up around. The world will one day be united by the Head Antichrist of all antichrists and he will make everyone take the mark of the Beast and worship him. If they don't, it's off with their heads!

I was subjected to this abuse around age 12. Start watching around minute 6:30 and you'll have an understanding of why I have a deeply ingrained fear of a One World Government.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
11-02-2012, 04:38 PM
If all forms of religious considerations were to be banned we would not only have the biggest secular dictatorship on earth; earth would be the biggest secular dictatorship.

REligion can be a big problem, but it is far from being the only one.
Blatant scientism may not be the panacea many think it to be and where reasonable tolerance is thrown out the window, we may well move into even more disastrous straits.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
11-02-2012, 04:42 PM
i mentioned secular democracy in the OP, and let's say hypothetically religion was abolished through education
it's main political powers anyway

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
11-02-2012, 04:48 PM
I used to labor under the idea that a one-world government would be a good thing..when I was in grade school.

However this concept is far from benign and has more to do with one country imposing its will on everyone else vial threats, sanctions, blackmail and other forms of coercion.

It has nothing to do with improving life for all but forcing everyone to be the same while offering baubles as a "reward".
"Do as we do and believe as we do and you get a nice new statue but if you defy us we'll commence with pre-emptive attacks. Have a nice day."

I will admit my understanding of this One World government issue is rather stunted but it is not for our benefit or anyone elses. I don't want other people to be forced to be "cookie cutter" types where everyone adopts one language one religion, one currency, one "anything".

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is Alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.
11-02-2012, 04:56 PM
(11-02-2012 04:48 PM)Dragon-Wolf Wrote:  I used to labor under the idea that a one-world government would be a good thing..when I was in grade school.

However this concept is far from benign and has more to do with one country imposing its will on everyone else vial threats, sanctions, blackmail and other forms of coercion.

It has nothing to do with improving life for all but forcing everyone to be the same while offering baubles as a "reward".
"Do as we do and believe as we do and you get a nice new statue but if you defy us we'll commence with pre-emptive attacks. Have a nice day."

I will admit my understanding of this One World government issue is rather stunted but it is not for our benefit or anyone elses. I don't want other people to be forced to be "cookie cutter" types where everyone adopts one language one religion, one currency, one "anything".

Well think of the European union as a first step, one currency and open borders.

11-02-2012, 05:21 PM
We are one species living on one small planet with limited resources.
If we are to continue to prosper so that we may one day call ourselves "Civilized", then we are going to have to think as one.
The other future is one of power, greed and corruption where some individuals think for others. We've done that already and it doesn't work well for most.
A global view without exceeding the ability of the planet to maintain itself with the goal of overall human betterment as the priority is really the only way to go over the very long haul.
Few societies today place the planet and humanity high on the list.
Time to change the Zeitgeist?

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TalladegaTom's post
11-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Wouldn't it be great?

Won't happen until one of two things were to occur.

1. Common threat arises to band us all together for a common good. This is a temporary solution that could become permanent. By the by, the best common threat would be aliens.... funny that, as someday we would just say, can't this universe all just get along?

2. All the world cultures blend into one, this part is likely to happen anyways due to our need to hump everything we see but the next part isn't likely to happen... Either the vanishing of religion or the merging into one religion to rule them all. Religions though are very much so against acceptance of any other religion, so by default this isn't going to happen.

So... oh wait there is one other way.

3. One culture kills all the other ones. This is likely to happen, or you know... they will sure give it a good try.

I like cookies.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user