World Goverment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2012, 12:16 PM

RE: World Government
(14-02-2012 12:09 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(14-02-2012 11:54 AM)Denicio Wrote:  Sadly its still around today.

What kind of noise would it make if all the kids scarred by this BS sued their abusers?
Just a thought.

Trust me, i have WANTED and TRIED to find the teacher at Briarcrest that did the mindfuck on me. His name is David Loden and i want to tell him that EVERYTHING he told me about Rock Music, Star Wars, Disney, NASA, Proctor and Gamble...and THE BIBLE... is a FUCKING LIE!!!!!

He left the school a few years after i left to get his advanced degrees in Religion....part of me wonders if he's now an atheist. If so, i'd be waiting on his apology!

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
14-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Hey Denicio wtf did I just watch? Holy smokes. These Christians are good at putting the fear of God in hey? Wow... I started at 630 'cos the rest looked super boring and lame... 6:30 however was definitely not boring, complete with guillotining people for believing in God...

In common with standard Christian theology though it was obvious that this guillotine should not be regarded as a machine for sending people to a better place, but rather with fear and revulsion...

Scare tactics... gotta show that shit to little kids 'cos later in life they'll recognize it as advertising. I really despise this kind of stuff.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2012, 12:54 PM

(14-02-2012 12:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  Hey Denicio wtf did I just watch? Holy smokes. These Christians are good at putting the fear of God in hey? Wow... I started at 630 'cos the rest looked super boring and lame... 6:30 however was definitely not boring, complete with guillotining people for believing in God...

In common with standard Christian theology though it was obvious that this guillotine should not be regarded as a machine for sending people to a better place, but rather with fear and revulsion...

Scare tactics... gotta show that shit to little kids 'cos later in life they'll recognize it as advertising. I really despise this kind of stuff.

MD,
That clip and countless "Left Behind' books all are part of this doomsday end times propaganda.
Its a simple recipe. Just take "Reefer Madness" and apply your dogma.
Sadly, i was naive enough to fall for it. Its not WHY i became a Christian, but certainly reaffirmed my faith.

Seth talks about it too, how they played movies like this during 'chapel time' in grade school (at a private school). Scaring young minds into accepting baby Jesus.

Its the most basic of "Fire and Brimstone" techniques.

D
14-02-2012, 12:58 PM
(14-02-2012 12:54 PM)Denicio Wrote:  MD,
That clip and countless "Left Behind' books all are part of this doomsday end times propaganda.
Its a simple recipe. Just take "Reefer Madness" and apply your dogma.
Sadly, i was naive enough to fall for it. Its not WHY i became a Christian, but certainly reaffirmed my faith.

Seth talks about it too, how they played movies like this during 'chapel time' in grade school (at a private school). Scaring young minds into accepting baby Jesus.

Its the most basic of "Fire and Brimstone" techniques.

D

O_o

glad I don't live in Amerikay. No wonder KC's fucked up Tongue

If I'd watched that when I was a kid... eish!
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
14-02-2012, 02:11 PM
RE: World Goverment
(14-02-2012 12:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(14-02-2012 12:08 AM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  I believe we are Humans first and everything else second. You are a Human before you are an American. You are a Human before you are a Christian. You are Human before you are a Republican. I believe we need to decide that we are all Humans first.

How's this for a thought.... We are not humans first, we are biological life-forms first, then mammals, then humans, then Americans (although I'm not), then Republicans etc.

I could begin at the sub atomic level but I think it would be ridiculously inefficient. Exclamation

I'm sorry about using American, Christian and Republican understanding not everyone on the planet is any one of those but that I could use it as an example of how everyone completely doesn't see eachother as equal. I view that as the major problem of having any government besides a world government.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
14-02-2012, 03:13 PM
(14-02-2012 02:11 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  
(14-02-2012 12:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(14-02-2012 12:08 AM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  I believe we are Humans first and everything else second. You are a Human before you are an American. You are a Human before you are a Christian. You are Human before you are a Republican. I believe we need to decide that we are all Humans first.

How's this for a thought.... We are not humans first, we are biological life-forms first, then mammals, then humans, then Americans (although I'm not), then Republicans etc.

I could begin at the sub atomic level but I think it would be ridiculously inefficient. Exclamation

I'm sorry about using American, Christian and Republican understanding not everyone on the planet is any one of those but that I could use it as an example of how everyone completely doesn't see eachother as equal. I view that as the major problem of having any government besides a world government.

No apology necessary... that wasn't my point.
My point was that I think you are being Insect-ist and it's anti-bacterial propaganda.

Just kinding, of course.

But now I wonder... if racism is dislike / distrust of other races, what is humanism?
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
14-02-2012, 09:31 PM
(14-02-2012 11:54 AM)Denicio Wrote:  
(11-02-2012 04:21 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  This was the huge fear of the brand of fundies I grew up around. The world will one day be united by the Head Antichrist of all antichrists and he will make everyone take the mark of the Beast and worship him. If they don't, it's off with their heads!

I was subjected to this abuse around age 12. Start watching around minute 6:30 and you'll have an understanding of why I have a deeply ingrained fear of a One World Government.

When i was still a believer, a buddy of mine and i would go to these Hotel Convention rooms where these 'End times' folks would show up and have a convention of END TIMES! It began, ended and was punctuated WITH ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!!!

That was the BIG monster under our collective beds.
They'd use scary phrases like "New World Order", "Illuminati", "Secret Currency" and a whole host of other stuff.
One meeting had the TOP Chaplin from Operation Desert Storm telling us (i shit you NOT) to sell our cars and buy Diesel trucks, as the "New COPS" had zappers that could zap our cars driven by electronic fuel injectors. He was the top Chaplin for that freaking war, boasting of turning portable crappers into makeshift Baptisteries (mini pools for baptism). He warned of all the supposed friendly new "Dept of Transportation" cameras....and stated that the public is told they are there to keep an eye on traffic, but are really there to watch us.
He insisted we quit relying on Credit Cards as its yet another tracking device.
Also insisting that we turn off cable TV as its a TWO way device. It not only can transmit, but can receive video input (much like a speaker can be turned into a microphone...which IS true). He stated that the cable boxes were ways for the government to spy on us to see what families were having bible devotion time and see who was praying.....all preparing for the BIG BIG roundup of Christians during the revelation events.

He had photo's he'd project that showed of all these new, yet empty, mass detention centers.

They ALL spoke of how we should NOT trust FEMA, as its presented as a Federal program to help us..buts it has much more sinister plans afoot.
Talk of how the government has SOLD parts of land in Tennessee to other governments and those governments are conducting military exercises! Supposedly Russia was conducting submarine training missions off our coasts and the government knew, but is staying silent. And ALL those GRID POWER outages were mere training scenarios getting ready for the big day.

At the time all this seemed real and very immediate. Its the same methods used by Glenn Beck and Alex Jones today. I now call it the "Chicken Little / Sky is Falling" method. I look back now at the madness that me and many others bought into. Sadly its still around today.

As stated earlier in this thread, Roddenberry showed us how it could work in Star Trek. EARTH was of one mind and voice and seemingly not bothered with turf and religious wars. Its a great dream, but will never happen as long as we have "Cavemen with Religion" running around on this earth.

D

I had a girlfriend who was (and probably is even more) into that kind of talk. She told me about the detention centers. Also some sort of superhighway that's being built straight through the Midwest from Canada to Mexico. Oh, and UN troops doing maneuvers in America to practice for when they go to round up Christians.

The thing I find funny is since I've been on this forum, I've more than once read that people think those "detention camps" are being built to house and kill atheists!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
14-02-2012, 10:00 PM
The irony is that if the book of Revelations started coming true, to the letter, then I would be one of the first up there at the guillotine for Jesus! Now that he's actually backed up by evidence, it's perfectly logical to die and go to heaven than join the people working for the beast! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Ben's post
14-02-2012, 10:18 PM
(14-02-2012 03:13 PM)DLJ Wrote:  But now I wonder... if racism is dislike / distrust of other races, what is humanism?

That's funny! It's like the comedian Harland Williams when he says "We know where garlic powder comes from. We know where chili powder comes from. But the government doesn't want us to know where baby powder comes from."

As to a one-world government, I don't have a problem with that. It seems like a good answer to war... sure, civil wars do happen, but with less frequency than country-to-country wars do. A one-world language would simplify things, which I would definitely support --- even if it meant it couldn't be our language (which is one of the hardest to learn, anyway, so fuck English). A one-world currency would almost ensure that it was stable, and of course it would solve a lot of problems with buying things overseas.

In short, a one-world government is the best solution to most of our political problems. But it will probably never happen, because no country would ever volunteer to take on the laws of another country... or we'd actually see it happen, as it's possible right now if some ruler wanted to be so generous.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-02-2012, 08:09 AM

(14-02-2012 09:31 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I had a girlfriend who was (and probably is even more) into that kind of talk. She told me about the detention centers. Also some sort of superhighway that's being built straight through the Midwest from Canada to Mexico. Oh, and UN troops doing maneuvers in America to practice for when they go to round up Christians.

Ahhh yes, the infamous NAFTA highway.
They Demonized NAFTA for ALL the wrong reasons. The only REAL reason to hate nafta (thanks daddy bush) is giving away of all the US Manufacturing jobs.

I distinctly recall a day when i walked into the magazine shop and saw a copy of "US News and World Report" and it had a picture of Daddy Bush on the cover with the sole headline NEW WORLD ORDER i just about shit myself and felt the need to go home and pack (not a rational need as there's nothing to pack for our trip back home to heaven...as heaven's got toothbrush's!). It was an odd, complicated and mixed up feeling. Like living with 2 minds. I just knew that every following news report in the papers, TV or radio was yet another sign of baby Jesus returning.

D