World War Z

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2013, 12:25 PM
World War Z

It looks like it might be a fun film but given the source material is a bunch of independent stories about the outbreak, the movie is no doubt going to only be loosely based on the book. I'm going to stay positive here however. What do the rest of you think?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Atheist in Westeros's post
28-04-2013, 12:48 PM
RE: World War Z
Probably an in name only adaption. Still going to see it, I love zombie flicks.

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
28-04-2013, 12:51 PM
I plan on seeing it without thinking of the book. It'll make a good zombie flick, but I can't see how they could portray the actual source material.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
28-04-2013, 12:58 PM
The book actually makes it into my top 5 favourite books ever... this film does look horrifically disappointing. It doesn't look like it will be like the book at all, but I'll still watch it. Y'all know how I am with zombie films, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 3 users Like frankiej's post
28-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Well if they can at least get some of the highlights in like the failed defense in NYC for instance that would be nice. Though thinking about this further I do agree that this will more than likely bare only a thin resemblance to what it started out as. Either way I'm definitely seeing it myself I'm just hoping the director didn't decide to go for lots of zombie sequences and skimp out on everything else like horror tends to do...

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest" - Denis Diderot

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered, religion is answers that may never be questioned"
[+] 2 users Like Atheist in Westeros's post
29-04-2013, 05:11 AM
So, instead of slowalkers, classical walking undead, we have raging, speeding feral zombies on crack withdrawal? This shit looks badass! Run zombie, RUN!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
06-05-2013, 02:26 AM
I'm not sure. I've never read the book; so I'm going in unbiased. It does look interesting, though. The thing that grabbed my attention first? Brad Pitt in a zombie flick.

"Hold on.....an A-list, top-rated actor...in a zombie movie? How does that, um....what's the word.....oh: work?"

So yeah, I suppose I'll check it out. It looks pretty epic. But then, so have many others. I guess we'll find out.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2013, 02:39 AM
My understanding:

The book: a reporter goes around the world collecting stories from survivors after the fact.
The movie: a reporter goes around the world and experiences the stories as they happen.

As much as the "hardcore purists" are dissatisfied, I doubt they would want a movie told in flashbacks by various characters.
29-05-2013, 10:15 PM
I don't know the books, but the preview makes it look like a cool film. I rarely say that about movies, so I hope it will be good.

30-05-2013, 08:42 PM
I have not read the book(s), but now I'm more interested in doing so. I should probably wait until AFTER I see the movie though. My first thought on seeing the preview was also.."Brad Pitt, in a zombie movie???". Part of me just assumes it must be good if he is in it. It certainly looks like it has fantastic effects, I can only hope the plot is more, um, original, than so many other zombie movies.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black