World's largest hotel being built in Mecca

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2015, 03:32 PM
World's largest hotel being built in Mecca
Great, now I can hajj in style, and I'll be able to look down upon all the peasantly tent-dwellers from my lavish suite as I pray to the magical meteorite box! Man, what could be better than that. I've reserved my room already! Laugh out load
http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/...n-in-mecca

Praise and glory to the great Oillah, peace be upon it.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
23-05-2015, 03:54 PM
RE: World's largest hotel being built in Mecca
Do they have beer in the in-room bars?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
23-05-2015, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2015 04:46 PM by cactus.)
(Don't forget to order your Kaaba Express Lane ticket, so you can skip to the front of the line and ensure you get a chance to kiss the Kaaba stone. Pre-order today, and we'll take 20% off your helicopter ride to Arafat on your second day of the hajj! You'll also receive one complementary goat slaughtering voucher, and complementary halal breakfast each morning.)

Great! I always hated taking the crowded Mecca Metro to Arafat just for that boring afternoon sermon. Also, it sucks to waste an afternoon waiting for that icky goat slaughtering. Now I can just get someone else to do it for me, and I won't even have to think about it. I think I'll spend that day chillaxing at the pool. Man, the pilgrimage has never been this easy! I think I'll do this more often.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
27-05-2015, 10:50 PM
and for any room with a decent view, it will probably cost tens of thousands of u.s dollars per night with a reserve guest list that you will have to wait 10-20 years to get into....you know!, just like everything else that is extravagant and nice in the entire world.

Oh...and it will probably be by invitation only.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
27-05-2015, 11:31 PM
I have to say it is a cool looking hotel...
28-05-2015, 12:04 AM
I wonder if the carpets fly you to your room?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
28-05-2015, 05:53 AM
A big target for sectarians looking to "outradical" the rest.
28-05-2015, 06:15 AM
Quote:“It is just like an airport terminal,” says Alawi. “People have been finding they’re praying in the wrong direction because they simply don’t know which way the mosque is any more. It has made a farce of the whole place.”

... because it wasn't already farcical?

It's an embodiment of human ingenuity - from an engineering perspective and from a opportunistic (demand/supply) perspective.

Quote:“The city is turning into Mecca-hattan,” says Irfan Al-Alawi, director of the UK-based Islamic Heritage Research Foundation, which campaigns to try to save what little heritage is left in Saudi Arabia’s holy cities. “Everything has been swept away to make way for the incessant march of luxury hotels, which are destroying the sanctity of the place and pricing normal pilgrims out.”

So perhaps this a silver lining.

I have mixed feelings. Destruction of heritage is upsetting from a knowledge-perspective but at the same time it seems to be an indicator of a dying religion (see Greek ruins or crumbling English churches.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post