World wide war on drugs.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2011, 11:31 AM
RE: World wide war on drugs.
Hence this:
Quote: in the context of legalization
. Just wanted clarity on that point. Not to mention, again in the context of legalization, addictive substances are all over the place. Before we start using addiction in a discussion about legalizing drugs, we need to address the fact that HUNDREDS of prescription drugs, as well as things like booze and cigarettes are legal.

My post isn't to say you are wrong, it's to address the fact that addiction is a non-issue with regard to legalization. That's not my opinion, it's the opinion of the law.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2011, 11:32 AM
(21-12-2011 10:44 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Fact is, here in Canada, street price ranges from $200-$350 per ounce. Some top potency strains (usually referred to as "connoseur weed" to those who can even access it) go for even more. And in the states, the prices are even higher (not sure about other countries). BUT, it costs about $30 per ounce to grow. And that is using organic (read - expensive) nutrients, proper HID lights, and strictly organic pest and disease controls (which are actually cheaper, but require a great deal more knowledge, time, and attention to use successfully). So a fair price for the end user should be around $100-$150 per ounce. That is just far too low for the drug cartels to even consider being involved with.

An ounce is usually less than $300US both on the street and in a dispensary (In WA). But top shelf strains are usually at $300 or a little above.

I mean, so I've heard.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
21-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Ya, I guess it varies in the states as much as it does here. Got a question for you, but I'll ask it in the "Official Cannabis Thread"........

21-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Stark,

Sorry if you already answered this but where do you stand on the legalisation of harder drugs? I've seen you post your opinions on weed but I don't know where you stand on stuff like cocaine and ecstasy.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
21-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Personally, I'd prefer not to see things like heroin legal, but morally, I am pro legalization of all drugs. It's not only the harm that hard drugs do that makes me not like them, but also the lack of research on them. The research is precicely why I usually have a stronger opinion on cannabis than any other drug. The research is ample (though it can be hard to dig up the un-biased stuff, since it's less controversial and thus less popular).

At the end of the day, I don't think the government should be able to tell me, you, or the junkie on the street, what we can and cannot put into our bodies. So really, I am pro legalization of all drugs, followed with heavy taxation to fund education and research.

[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
21-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Yay all these repeat threads ^^.

I do actually agree with Bemore that the government benefits heavily by drugs being illegal.

But like many I'm on the legalize it all side =p. It's the best humanitarian measure to ensure better safety and diminish cartels. When the US decided to make pot illegal it damned Mexico to be a cesspool of warlords and shady backroom deals.

I don't find the pricing to be much of an issue, I've known where to get free weed since 8 years old =p (not that I've ever gotten more than a contact high)

The real issue is that illegal drugs are actually more saturated within communities due to there being no strict regulations. When the regulation is we find you you're out of business it just convinces the sellers to hide. It's generally much easier to obtain illegal drugs and illegally obtained legal drugs than it is to do anything legally.

And my last wonderful argument is that drugs like heroine would lose their popularity pretty fast if made legal. Though of course they'd continue to be popular among human merchants who consider it to be the most effective form of control. It could be made very expensive and hard to buy too much of, and I would definitely state that enough of the current makers would want in on the legal side. (or we could just have government agencies monitor those who seem to buy a lot of these substances =p)

In a lot of places pharmacies are beginning to lose over the counter ingredients that help people make their own batch. Meth is having quite a bit of problems here in Missouri specifically due to the fact that many areas require prescriptions on it's main ingredients. Sure not every county has agreed yet, but the ones that have stopped having as many meth labs.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
21-12-2011, 01:43 PM
(20-12-2011 03:19 AM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  I wanna know all you're opinions on drug use, sale, ban and regulation
some people suggest that if all recreational drugs are legalized and regulated,
it will destroy the black market of drugs and eliminate the related corruption and gang violence. Others might say that society will crumble and people will be reduced to violent mindless assholes looking for another fix.

What's you're take on the matter, given that religion is out of the picture?

I can only report what I observe.
Around here, Marijuana is virtually legal and there are no problems associated with its use or sale. It is a positive influence locally.
I can walk into a store, buy it without fear of being labeled "criminal", and continue to the hardware store or the market etc.
Not to mention the great selections bred for specific use that a legal atmosphere generates.
I use it for cancer and select only those strains that test high in CBD.
This would and only COULD occur under legal and above board conditions.
The cartels that are ruining our National Forest are not welcome here by anyone.
Only full legalization would eliminate the profits that drive that condition.

What IS the downside to Marijuana?
It would become difficult for our military to train people to become short sighted enough and angry enough to think that killing people is actually a good solution to a particular problem. (that was sarcasm Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TalladegaTom's post
22-12-2011, 03:05 AM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2011 03:12 AM by Filox.)
To make things even more simple let see what are the differences of legal and illegal drugs.

Illegal: people buy them always, nobody knows what is inside and what they are buying, there is no control in making of the drugs, all money goes to black market (drug dealers) and major cartels in the end, country SPENDS money on catching, prosecuting, defending and banning people from using it, but they do NO change on the grand scale.

Legal: people buy them always, we have a declaration with all the ingredients, everything is controlled during production, NO money goes to black market (it becomes obsolete) and cartels are doomed, country EARNS money by taxing drugs and SAVES money from all those catching, prosecuting, defending and banning that is not happening anymore, now there IS a change on the grand scale, because the state has much more money to spend on things that are needed, like hospitals and education.

It can't get more simple than this people. Just remember, people will ALWAYS buy and use drugs, the only question is will your country have some use for that, or will they spend more money because of that fact.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
22-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Well there is a black market even for the legal drugs. Both alcohol and cigarettes. And those are indeed cheaper but worse on your system... that's... what I've heard Wink

Anyway what I wanna say is that you can't make black market vanish completely but at least, by legalizing, you can make it difficult for the black market to survive. And that's a good start in my opinion.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-12-2011, 04:05 AM
Leela, yes you are correct, but look at the alcohol, in the 20's in USA during the prohibition there were huge mafia families who earned millions and millions of dollars just because the alcohol for prohibited. Today when it is legal, who deals in illegal alcohol and why would they? Only maybe somebody on the countryside who makes their own domestic brandy, but you can not call that the black market. That is just some small quantity for personal use, and maybe to sell a few bottles without reporting it for taxes. So you see, the whole mafia was robed from the profit when the state has decided to make alcohol legal again, they had to find other means of earning money.

And it is always good to have some competition, so we will have government issued weed and street weed, more choice, better standards, better prices, classical business economy.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post