Worried about a Trump loss? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2016, 10:41 AM
RE: Worried about a Trump loss? Don't.
(21-08-2016 10:30 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-08-2016 10:16 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Told you there was nothing to worry about. He's got a lock on the negro vote too.

Are you saying that the majority of blacks would rather have an orange man as president instead of a white woman?

Laugh out load .. Laugh out load .. Laugh out load .. Laugh out load

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2016, 11:37 AM
RE: Worried about a Trump loss? Don't.
(22-08-2016 09:43 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-08-2016 08:35 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The issue I take with the methodology for the results by this organization (and many others to be fair) is the sample size they use, in this case 3,000 individuals polled 400 at a time.

I think it is absurd to think that 400 individuals can fairly represent the entire voting population that has averaged about 130 million voters in the last two elections! The Law of Large Numbers is being ignored. In my estimation any poll that doesn’t even use 1% of the probable electorate is meaningless, and even 1% (1.3 million) might be too small considering a margin of error of 3% (they don’t say what that margin is that I could find).

Smaller sample sizes, just as smaller populations, are more variable than large ones.

This is how they do it. It's used all the time in clinical trials as well typically with much smaller sample sizes.

Bowing Thank you for the link G-man, I always try to learn something everyday (nod to Gloucester). Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply