Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
31-03-2016, 06:37 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(30-03-2016 02:07 PM)morondog Wrote:  Only *after* she quits the PAC (whatever the fuck that is. American politics is fucked up) ...

I don't know if you're actually asking what Super PACs are or not, but I can briefly explain. The idea is that normal campaign donations are pretty strictly regulated in terms of how much you can give and how transparent the funds need to be. Super PACs are allowed to skirt by all of those rules because it isn't representing the campaign in the same "legal" sense. Of course, in all practicality, it is fully supporting one, and only one candidate, but they are legally insulated from things that the formal campaign is not.

This also leads to stuff like a PAC supporting Cruz to post pictures of Trump's wife, all while Cruz legally says "I didn't do that!".

(30-03-2016 05:37 PM)Vosur Wrote:  That's exactly my point, though. There is so much crazy and whacky shit that Trump has said that there is no need to lie or fabricate things to make him look bad.

This is the exact same conversation I was having with my mother. She was complaining about how things he says are taken out of context, and I agreed, and told her that even the stuff he does say in full context is pretty repugnant. It's lazy and dishonest of the reporters. Just playing an extra ten to fifteen seconds of unedited audio would do more damage to his credibility than their lies.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
31-03-2016, 08:20 AM
(30-03-2016 02:07 PM)morondog Wrote:  Only *after* she quits the PAC (whatever the fuck that is. American politics is fucked up) does she start listening to what he says? Is this how PR people do their jobs? You're hired by a politician so no matter what foul crap pours out of his mouth you don't think "what an asshole", you just find a way to spin it positive.

I have a theory that many good sales people benefit from being gullible because it helps them believe in the product they are trying to sell.
27-04-2016, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2016 09:04 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
Shit is getting crazy, right?

In August 2015, Nate Silver of fivethirtyeight.com wrote that Donald Trump had less than a 2% chance to be the republican nominee. He wrote that Trump was "almost certainly doomed." (He now says Trump is on pace to win the nomination in an article he wrote today)

It appears that Trump and Hillary will be the nominees. These two haven't even picked VP's yet, had a debate, or started running ads against each other. And we're still waiting for the FBI's findings on Hillary's emails. The latest GWU Battleground poll (one of the most respected polls in the business) has Trump within 3 points of Hillary nationally. Ohmy

Trump could actually win this thing. Trump has already surpassed Romney's vote total from the 2012 primaries, he's on pace to get the most votes ever for a candidate in a nomination race, all while having the largest field of competition ever (17 total candidates).

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
27-04-2016, 09:23 AM
I don't worry about Trump's victory because I will vote for crooked Hillary.
I am so not happy with Trump, his trumsters and FOX that I want my sweet revenge now.
Crooked Hillary 2016!! I am ready for her.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
27-04-2016, 09:37 AM
A lot of liberals are worried now.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
27-04-2016, 09:39 AM
(27-04-2016 09:37 AM)KUSA Wrote:  A lot of liberals are worried now.

True. Though a lot of liberals are not worried now. A lot of people were more worried about a ted cruz/rubio/Paul ryan situation.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
27-04-2016, 09:43 AM
(27-04-2016 09:39 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  

True. Though a lot of liberals are not worried now. A lot of people were more worried about a ted cruz/rubio/Paul ryan situation.
I agree.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
27-04-2016, 10:26 AM
(27-04-2016 09:39 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  

I was worried about that too. Now I'm not because Trump will be the president.
27-04-2016, 11:56 AM
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if trump won. Ever since he began running every one said he wasn't go far, and now he is here.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
27-04-2016, 06:12 PM
We are almost there.

[Image: 7fe5b7124b669ba9fa88fe3af2e4f51a.jpg]