Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-08-2016, 01:22 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(05-08-2016 01:03 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 12:58 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  It is unequal treatment. Everywhere I go, I can be identified by facial recognition software. The islamists can move about as they please if they where the tarp. That means a guy could put that stuff on to avoid detection.

Really? So you think Muslim women "wear the tarp" to avoid facial recognition software? You're even stupider than I thought.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
This is the us culture of fear in effect on the minds of individuals when considering what is propagated as a threat vs follows any statistical/reasonable marker.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
05-08-2016, 01:32 PM
(05-08-2016 01:08 PM)Lucipurr Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 01:03 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Really? So you think Muslim women "wear the tarp" to avoid facial recognition software? You're even stupider than I thought.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Did he say that? But he's correct, male terrorists have worn that tent on their heads to evade capture before.

I find the logic tenuous to say the least.

1. The vast majority of Muslims are not terrorists.

2. The vast majority of terrorists are men.

3. The vast majority of Muslims who cover their faces are women.

Therefore, Muslim terrorists who cover their faces to avoid facial recognition software have got to be an extremely small minority -- and would be calling attention to themselves. I'm not going to waste my time and energy worrying about them.

And what does any of that have to do with Hillary Clinton?
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
05-08-2016, 01:37 PM
I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be more concerns about Mike Pence as potential vice president. We haven't heard anything about him in the press in Australia, but after checking him out, I find that he's a total lunatic, and seemingly as bad a choice as Drumpf for the GOP. And this despite him having a long professional career in politics—unlike TV games show host Drumpf, who has zero political experience

Amongst his listing of 19th century notions...

• He's against abortion, and planned parenthood organisations,
• He's homophobic, and favours the notion of "conversion" programs,
• He doesn't accept the scientific evidence for climate change,
• He strongly supports the continuation of the Patriot Act,
• He claims embryonic stem cell research is morally wrong, because of his pro-life beliefs,
• He's a creationist who says that "God created the heavens and the earth, the seas and all that’s in them",
• He asserts that smoking doesn't kill people,
• He claims that young people should practice abstinence, and not be supplied condoms,
• He wants to decrease social security and raise the retirement age,

—Apart from those things, he seems like a nice guy [sic].

So... nobody's worried about buffoon #2 apparently?

Confused

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
05-08-2016, 01:37 PM
(05-08-2016 01:32 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 01:08 PM)Lucipurr Wrote:  Did he say that? But he's correct, male terrorists have worn that tent on their heads to evade capture before.

Therefore, Muslim terrorists who cover their faces to avoid facial recognition software have got to be an extremely small minority -- and would be calling attention to themselves. I'm not going to waste my time and energy worrying about them.

Wouldn't the strict laws followed by the Muslim extremists prevent the men from dressing as women anyway? Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
05-08-2016, 01:42 PM
(05-08-2016 01:37 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be more concerns about Mike Pence as potential vice president. We haven't heard anything about him in the press in Australia, but after checking him out, I find that he's a total lunatic, and seemingly as bad a choice as Drumpf for the GOP. And this despite him having a long professional career in politics—unlike TV games show host Drumpf, who has zero political experience

• He claims embryonic stem cell research is morally wrong, because of his pro-life beliefs,
• He's a creationist who says that "God created the heavens and the earth, the seas and all that’s in them",
• He claims that young people should practice abstinence, and not be supplied condoms,

Confused

I started a thread on the guy last week, he is as loony as Trump. Well, maybe not as loony. Wait, yes, at least as loony. Buffoon #1 picked the 2nd most far right guy he could find for Buffoon #2.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...e-Pence-VP

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
05-08-2016, 01:45 PM
(05-08-2016 01:37 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be more concerns about Mike Pence as potential vice president. We haven't heard anything about him in the press in Australia, but after checking him out, I find that he's a total lunatic, and seemingly as bad a choice as Drumpf for the GOP. And this despite him having a long professional career in politics—unlike TV games show host Drumpf, who has zero political experience

Confused

I am very concerned about him. A recurring nightmare is that Trump somehow gets elected, and then something happens to him, and we're left with President Pence. I'm not sure he would be any worse than President Trump, but either one is a nightmare. I'm voting for Clinton.
05-08-2016, 01:46 PM
(05-08-2016 01:32 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 01:08 PM)Lucipurr Wrote:  Did he say that? But he's correct, male terrorists have worn that tent on their heads to evade capture before.

Voting for Clinton will continue the double standard. One standard for white males and a complete other for all so called minorities. BLM can be as racist as it pleases and it won't be considered racist. Muslims can cover their heads completely and it is allowed. I can't walk into the DMV with my face covered and get a license. I am sick of affirmative action (reverse racism) and sick of the crats.
05-08-2016, 01:51 PM
I'm sick of bigots and cowards and people who blame all their problems on other people. Take some responsibility for your own life.

Also, I'll give you a clue: Republicans don't give any more of a shit about you than Democrats do. They're just better at playing on your fears.
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
05-08-2016, 01:54 PM
(05-08-2016 01:42 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I started a thread on the guy last week, he is as loony as Trump. Well, maybe not as loony. Wait, yes, at least as loony. Buffoon #1 picked the 2nd most far right guy he could find for Buffoon #2.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...e-Pence-VP

Apologies. I didn't see it. Confused

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
05-08-2016, 01:59 PM
(05-08-2016 01:46 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Voting for Clinton will continue the double standard. One standard for white males and a complete other for all so called minorities. BLM can be as racist as it pleases and it won't be considered racist. Muslims can cover their heads completely and it is allowed. I can't walk into the DMV with my face covered and get a license. I am sick of affirmative action (reverse racism) and sick of the crats.

The story of the escaped slave, who joins the Union Army, encounters his old master and says, “Howdy Massa. Bottom rail on top, this time" is such a lovely end.

Battle Cry of Freedom
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002NXOQLQ/ref...nav-subnav

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce