Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
06-08-2016, 09:21 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(06-08-2016 06:00 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 07:11 PM)I Am Wrote:  Minor quibble... Clinton is not going to deviate from the harm we already expect from the last 8 years, as set out for us by herself, the current Secretary of State, and the President, and their financier backers. Her policies will not be additionally harmful, presuming we already expect the TPP and the undercutting of labor and wages inherent therein. As an added bonus, her administration and the Democratic Party may (or may not) respect the adopted platform which calls for the diminishing of power for too-big-to-fail banks and the reduction of opportunities for grossly wealthy people to hide assets from domestic taxation.

All the rest, and the implied lack of theistic brainwashing, granted. She's still better than the dude who wants specifics on the nukes he would command, who questions why we don't use them. Carry on.

I would also be curious about the specifics of the nukes we have available. I would want to know why the use of even a single nuke seems to be off the table. I don't even think Clinton truly knows. I know you are going to say that I need to check out the damage nukes did in the past. The tech has changed by a lot. There is less fallout from the more powerful nukes we have now. He might be considering possibly as a last resort to use one. The terrorists want to put their hands on nukes. Why can't we let them witness first hand what these things can do? At least Trump won't be sitting there authorizing drone strikes or even nukes with his cell phone.

Every time I think you've plumbed the depths of stupidity, you find new and innovative ways to demonstrate yours to the world.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
06-08-2016, 09:56 AM
(05-08-2016 09:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 01:32 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  [...] Therefore, Muslim terrorists who cover their faces to avoid facial recognition software have got to be an extremely small minority -- and would be calling attention to themselves. I'm not going to waste my time and energy worrying about them. [...]

It's not primarily about Muslim women - it's about people disguising themselves as Muslim women.

This is the whole point about female Islamic clothing that Grasshopper seems to have missed. By wearing a niqab or burqa, anybody—including men—can undermine the security protocols that all non-Muslims are governed by in order to commit some types of crime. Armed robbery, assault against the person (mugging), shoplifting, speeding and DUI, passport/visa controls, medical fraud (illicit drugs) etc to name a few that anonymity assists in successful criminal acts.

It's already happened here in Australia; police intercepts, armed holdups, store robberies, and assaults.

[Image: 1516.jpg]

This Australian woman (above) was jailed for six months for refusing to remove her burqa and later making a false declaration to police.

I have to laugh though; last year, Drumpf said "women like burqas because they don't need to wear makeup". Big Grin

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
06-08-2016, 10:07 AM
(06-08-2016 06:00 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 07:11 PM)I Am Wrote:  Minor quibble... Clinton is not going to deviate from the harm we already expect from the last 8 years, as set out for us by herself, the current Secretary of State, and the President, and their financier backers. Her policies will not be additionally harmful, presuming we already expect the TPP and the undercutting of labor and wages inherent therein. As an added bonus, her administration and the Democratic Party may (or may not) respect the adopted platform which calls for the diminishing of power for too-big-to-fail banks and the reduction of opportunities for grossly wealthy people to hide assets from domestic taxation.

All the rest, and the implied lack of theistic brainwashing, granted. She's still better than the dude who wants specifics on the nukes he would command, who questions why we don't use them. Carry on.

I would also be curious about the specifics of the nukes we have available. I would want to know why the use of even a single nuke seems to be off the table. I don't even think Clinton truly knows. I know you are going to say that I need to check out the damage nukes did in the past. The tech has changed by a lot. There is less fallout from the more powerful nukes we have now. He might be considering possibly as a last resort to use one. The terrorists want to put their hands on nukes. Why can't we let them witness first hand what these things can do? At least Trump won't be sitting there authorizing drone strikes or even nukes with his cell phone.

Less fallout?

Holy shit.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
06-08-2016, 10:56 AM
(06-08-2016 10:07 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(06-08-2016 06:00 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I would also be curious about the specifics of the nukes we have available. I would want to know why the use of even a single nuke seems to be off the table. I don't even think Clinton truly knows. I know you are going to say that I need to check out the damage nukes did in the past. The tech has changed by a lot. There is less fallout from the more powerful nukes we have now. He might be considering possibly as a last resort to use one. The terrorists want to put their hands on nukes. Why can't we let them witness first hand what these things can do? At least Trump won't be sitting there authorizing drone strikes or even nukes with his cell phone.

Less fallout?

Holy shit.

If it is not true, then it is an even better reason to fully understand the down side to using them. It just proves my point.
06-08-2016, 11:08 AM
(06-08-2016 10:56 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(06-08-2016 10:07 AM)BnW Wrote:  Less fallout?

Holy shit.

If it is not true, then it is an even better reason to fully understand the down side to using them. It just proves my point.

To even consider using nuclear weapons is nuts.....and you want this fuckwit to be your president? If you do you deserve all that is coming to you, but the rest of the world does not !!!!!!!!!
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
06-08-2016, 11:13 AM

Holy shit.

Here's my point: you have absolutely no fucking idea what you are talking about.

If the US uses nukes, then it's license for EVERY country that has them to use nukes. There are no longer rules. The whole purpose of nukes is their deterrent effect. The minute someone is no longer deterred, then no one is deterred.

That we have people who watch shop lifters who don't get this is not that big an issue. That someone who is running to be President of the fucking US not get this is horrifying.

[+] 8 users Like BnW's post
06-08-2016, 01:22 PM
(06-08-2016 09:56 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 09:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  It's not primarily about Muslim women - it's about people disguising themselves as Muslim women.

This is the whole point about female Islamic clothing that Grasshopper seems to have missed. By wearing a niqab or burqa, anybody—including men—can undermine the security protocols that all non-Muslims are governed by in order to commit some types of crime. Armed robbery, assault against the person (mugging), shoplifting, speeding and DUI, passport/visa controls, medical fraud (illicit drugs) etc to name a few that anonymity assists in successful criminal acts.

It's already happened here in Australia; police intercepts, armed holdups, store robberies, and assaults.

[Image: 1516.jpg]

This Australian woman (above) was jailed for six months for refusing to remove her burqa and later making a false declaration to police.

I have to laugh though; last year, Drumpf said "women like burqas because they don't need to wear makeup". Big Grin

I did not consider the possibility of male Islamic terrorists disguising themselves as women. My bad. How often does this actually happen, and is it something I need to worry about?

I see the possibility of being killed by an Islamic terrorist as being on about the same level as the possibility of being struck by lightning (actually, I think lightning is the bigger danger) or being stung to death by killer bees. None of these things keep me awake at night. There are hundreds of things that worry me more than Islamic terrorists.

And again, what the hell does any of this have to do with Hillary Clinton??? Do people somehow think that Trump has a magic power to protect us all from this tiny threat? Trump himself (if he somehow managed to get elected) would be a much bigger danger than Islamic terrorists. If I thought he had a legitimate chance of winning the election, that would keep me awake at night.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
06-08-2016, 01:33 PM

Holy shit.

So if you're right, you're right, and if you're wrong you're even more right. Got it.
06-08-2016, 02:00 PM
(06-08-2016 01:22 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I see the possibility of being killed by an Islamic terrorist as being on about the same level as the possibility of being struck by lightning (actually, I think lightning is the bigger danger) or being stung to death by killer bees. None of these things keep me awake at night. There are hundreds of things that worry me more than Islamic terrorists.

Completely agree with this. We have dozens of mass shootings in the US, no one bats an eye - unless the shooter is a Muslim. The amount of fear mongering over terrorism is ridiculous.

Yes, it can happen. And, I'm surprised it hasn't happened more. And, per the FBI, as we continue to beat back Isis it probably will happen more. But, the odds are very much in your favor of not being anywhere close to an attack when one happens. Ordinary crime and home grown non Islamic lunatics are far more likely to kill you in the US.

[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
06-08-2016, 02:15 PM
Hi,

Re the OP. I'm fed up with Trump. It was interesting for a while, but bored now.

Fortunately, there are plenty of other things to do with our time. Smile

D.