Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-08-2016, 09:44 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(08-08-2016 09:23 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 09:03 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Can you provide us with a list of "Islamic countries we are at war with"? Because I seem to have missed the declaration of war.

Just because we have refused to acknowledge war with these countries, it does not mean they are not committing acts of war against us.

Which countries? Note that ISIS (or ISIL, or IS, or whatever acronym they're going by these days) is not a country. Which countries are committing acts of war against us?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2016, 09:52 AM
(08-08-2016 09:44 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 09:23 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Just because we have refused to acknowledge war with these countries, it does not mean they are not committing acts of war against us.

Which countries? Note that ISIS (or ISIL, or IS, or whatever acronym they're going by these days) is not a country. Which countries are committing acts of war against us?

Birdy ain't known for letting facts get in the way. Similar to the would-be God-king Trump.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-08-2016, 10:09 AM
(08-08-2016 09:44 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 09:23 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Just because we have refused to acknowledge war with these countries, it does not mean they are not committing acts of war against us.

Islamic ones.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
08-08-2016, 10:29 AM
(08-08-2016 08:45 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 08:32 AM)I Am Wrote:  I can't see that in her at all. Whatever her faults, and there are several, she is not cavalier or lazy. She is a detail-oriented policy wonk who carefully examines her options, her actions, and the risks involved in each potential outcome. I may disagree with more than a few of her choices, but not on the basis of her willful ignorance, acting on whim, or deciding from fear. I question her values and her principles, but not her dedication or courage.

Further, when I question Clinton's values and principles, it's because hers consistently and predictably differ from my own. It's not because I cannot tell that she has any at all, as is the case with Trump.

Trump doesn't want to know about nukes because of the pragmatic details of being a responsible CIC. He wants them because nukes are the biggest phallic symbols available to a national leader and he want to measure them against his tiny hands. If he were really interested in why we don't use them, he would be asking about the health consequences for non-combatant civilians for generations. He'd be looking at neonatal pictures from areas where DU weapons have been used, not counting how many great big missiles he can launch.

His questions were the 70-year-old man-child equivalent of "Am I gonna get a gun for Christmas? Huh, am I? When can I shoot it? What do you mean no birds, nobody's gonna shoot more birds than me, that I can tell you. The pile of dead birds is gonna be YUGE."

I don't think so. Even if Trump is all you say he is, maybe it is a good thing. The Islamic countries we are at war with make unrealistic demands and then attack us. Maybe we need someone that will up the crazy and give them a taste of what they dish out.
But who is at war with whom? Syria is in the midst of an internal civil war, that has nothing tk do with any civilized country.
08-08-2016, 10:39 AM
It all makes sense now. Donald Trump is basically the American equivalent of Kim Jong-Un (who has recently accused the U.S. of committing "acts of war" against his country). So it's perfectly natural for Trump and/or his supporters to claim that miscellaneous unnamed countries are committing "acts of war" against the U.S. That must be it. Because I sure haven't seen anything that I would call an act of war.
08-08-2016, 10:43 AM
(08-08-2016 10:29 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 08:45 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I don't think so. Even if Trump is all you say he is, maybe it is a good thing. The Islamic countries we are at war with make unrealistic demands and then attack us. Maybe we need someone that will up the crazy and give them a taste of what they dish out.
But who is at war with whom? Syria is in the midst of an internal civil war, that has nothing tk do with any civilized country.

Internal civil war which US had nothing to do with, right? It's not like US was arming and training rebels in Syria or something.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
08-08-2016, 10:47 AM
(08-08-2016 10:43 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 10:29 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  But who is at war with whom? Syria is in the midst of an internal civil war, that has nothing tk do with any civilized country.

Internal civil war which US had nothing to do with, right? It's not like US was arming and training rebels in Syria or something.

Sorry, my bad. It should have nothing t do with us if those savages want to kill each other. Nothing at all.
08-08-2016, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2016 10:55 AM by ClydeLee.)
(08-08-2016 10:43 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 10:29 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  But who is at war with whom? Syria is in the midst of an internal civil war, that has nothing tk do with any civilized country.

Yeah but that doesn't equate to any acts of war against the US like birdydude was proclaiming. So if it's not Syria, which islamic countries are the ones?

Saudi Arabia? what acts of wars? Indonesia? Oman? Yeme? Pakistan? Iran? Where are these islamic countries wars against the US going on?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
08-08-2016, 10:52 AM
(08-08-2016 10:50 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 10:43 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Internal civil war which US had nothing to do with, right? It's not like US was arming and training rebels in Syria or something.

Yeah but that doesn't equate to any acts of war against the US like birdydude was proclaiming.

Yeah but he loves the smell of nukes in the morning...... Smells like victory...get some dudes murica murica by golly Tongue
08-08-2016, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2016 11:04 AM by Slowminded.)
(08-08-2016 10:47 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 10:43 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Internal civil war which US had nothing to do with, right? It's not like US was arming and training rebels in Syria or something.

Sorry, my bad. It should have nothing t do with us if those savages want to kill each other. Nothing at all.

It shouldn't. But it does.

(08-08-2016 10:50 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  

Yeah but that doesn't equate to any acts of war against the US like birdydude was proclaiming. So if it's not Syria, which islamic countries are the ones?

Saudi Arabia? what acts of wars? Indonesia? Oman? Yeme? Pakistan? Iran? Where are these islamic countries wars against the US going on?

It doesn't , I'm not suggesting that it does. Who are you arguing with?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's