Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-08-2016, 11:11 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(08-08-2016 11:00 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 10:47 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Sorry, my bad. It should have nothing t do with us if those savages want to kill each other. Nothing at all.

It shouldn't. But it does.

(08-08-2016 10:50 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Yeah but that doesn't equate to any acts of war against the US like birdydude was proclaiming. So if it's not Syria, which islamic countries are the ones?

Saudi Arabia? what acts of wars? Indonesia? Oman? Yeme? Pakistan? Iran? Where are these islamic countries wars against the US going on?

It doesn't , I'm not suggesting that it does. Who are you arguing with?

Birdy himself and the relevance of what alleged acts would mean.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2016, 11:18 AM
(08-08-2016 08:45 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 08:32 AM)I Am Wrote:  I can't see that in her at all. Whatever her faults, and there are several, she is not cavalier or lazy. She is a detail-oriented policy wonk who carefully examines her options, her actions, and the risks involved in each potential outcome. I may disagree with more than a few of her choices, but not on the basis of her willful ignorance, acting on whim, or deciding from fear. I question her values and her principles, but not her dedication or courage.

Further, when I question Clinton's values and principles, it's because hers consistently and predictably differ from my own. It's not because I cannot tell that she has any at all, as is the case with Trump.

Trump doesn't want to know about nukes because of the pragmatic details of being a responsible CIC. He wants them because nukes are the biggest phallic symbols available to a national leader and he want to measure them against his tiny hands. If he were really interested in why we don't use them, he would be asking about the health consequences for non-combatant civilians for generations. He'd be looking at neonatal pictures from areas where DU weapons have been used, not counting how many great big missiles he can launch.

His questions were the 70-year-old man-child equivalent of "Am I gonna get a gun for Christmas? Huh, am I? When can I shoot it? What do you mean no birds, nobody's gonna shoot more birds than me, that I can tell you. The pile of dead birds is gonna be YUGE."

I don't think so. Even if Trump is all you say he is, maybe it is a good thing. The Islamic countries we are at war with make unrealistic demands and then attack us. Maybe we need someone that will up the crazy and give them a taste of what they dish out.

Nothing better than a knee-jerk, asymmetrical, retaliatory military response to diffuse the situation. Dodgy

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
08-08-2016, 11:25 AM
(08-08-2016 11:11 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 11:00 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  It shouldn't. But it does.

It doesn't , I'm not suggesting that it does. Who are you arguing with?

Birdy himself and the relevance of what alleged acts would mean.

Ok, I was just wondering why you quoted my post if you are addressing birdy's claims?
I am not claiming that any Islamic country is in war with the US.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
08-08-2016, 12:55 PM
(08-08-2016 10:43 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 10:29 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  But who is at war with whom? Syria is in the midst of an internal civil war, that has nothing tk do with any civilized country.

Internal civil war which US had nothing to do with, right? It's not like US was arming and training rebels in Syria or something.

Ummmmm........

Are you SURE about that first part?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
08-08-2016, 12:58 PM
(08-08-2016 05:50 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(06-08-2016 11:13 AM)BnW Wrote:  Here's my point: you have absolutely no fucking idea what you are talking about.

If the US uses nukes, then it's license for EVERY country that has them to use nukes. There are no longer rules. The whole purpose of nukes is their deterrent effect. The minute someone is no longer deterred, then no one is deterred.

That we have people who watch shop lifters who don't get this is not that big an issue. That someone who is running to be President of the fucking US not get this is horrifying.

The nukes are still a deterrent. Do you really think that if we tell our allies and even potential enemies that we are only launching one and by the way here is the destination, do you really think any of them would launch on us? I doubt it. The knowledge that if they did, we would start hitting them would be enough to stop them. I am convinced that at some point our enemies that are determined to bring sharia law to the world are going to have to witness the damage nukes can do first hand and I would rather it not be a nuke they sent to us.

So, your proposal for stopping the murder of innocents is to use a destabilizing weapon that will murder tens of thousands of innocent people?

Thus coming Thanksgiving, I'm going to give thanks that you have no real influence in world affairs and how they are conducted.

[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
08-08-2016, 01:02 PM
(08-08-2016 12:58 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 05:50 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The nukes are still a deterrent. Do you really think that if we tell our allies and even potential enemies that we are only launching one and by the way here is the destination, do you really think any of them would launch on us? I doubt it. The knowledge that if they did, we would start hitting them would be enough to stop them. I am convinced that at some point our enemies that are determined to bring sharia law to the world are going to have to witness the damage nukes can do first hand and I would rather it not be a nuke they sent to us.

So, your proposal for stopping the murder of innocents is to use a destabilizing weapon that will murder tens of thousands of innocent people?

Thus coming Thanksgiving, I'm going to give thanks that you have no real influence in world affairs and how they are conducted.

Unfortunately, there's still a non-zero chance that his hero Donald Trump could come to have such influence.
08-08-2016, 01:04 PM
(08-08-2016 12:55 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 10:43 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Internal civil war which US had nothing to do with, right? It's not like US was arming and training rebels in Syria or something.

Ummmmm........

They've also trained quite a few, but they either get killed within hours of entering the battlefield or just defect to Daesh. Either way the weapons end up in enemy hands.
08-08-2016, 01:08 PM
Well, I was referring to the accusations that the US was running arms into Syria from Libya and how that may have been the actual motivation for the attacks at Benghazi.

08-08-2016, 01:10 PM
(08-08-2016 01:02 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 12:58 PM)BnW Wrote:  So, your proposal for stopping the murder of innocents is to use a destabilizing weapon that will murder tens of thousands of innocent people?

Unfortunately, there's still a non-zero chance that his hero Donald Trump could come to have such influence.

Absolutely. There is plenty of time for Trump to right the ship. Against anyone else I think this would be over, but she's very beatable.

08-08-2016, 01:12 PM
(08-08-2016 12:55 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 10:43 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Internal civil war which US had nothing to do with, right? It's not like US was arming and training rebels in Syria or something.

Ummmmm........

US arming Syrian rebels is not a secret. I don't think US is even trying to deny that?
Am I wrong? I though it was common knowledge.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's