Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-08-2016, 01:15 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(08-08-2016 01:10 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 01:02 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Unfortunately, there's still a non-zero chance that his hero Donald Trump could come to have such influence.

Absolutely. There is plenty of time for Trump to right the ship. Against anyone else I think this would be over, but she's very beatable.

Trump has lost the core of the Republican party; the real one not the racist pseudoparty we have seen emerge in the form of the Tea Party. I was speaking to my 87 year old Grandmother yesterday, a lifelong republican voter and she is so sickened by Trump that for the first time in her life she will not be voting for the Republican choice for president. The only ones left supporting Trump are the racist low information voters like Birdbrain, most of the rest of the Party is abandoning him.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
08-08-2016, 04:26 PM
My read is that is many of his supporters are just fucking stupid. I mean they are really dumb.

Bill Mitchell: Imagine polls don't exist. Show me evidence Hillary is winning?

Nate Silver:
Imagine there's no polls
It's easy if you try
No Pew or Quinnipiac
On crowd size we rely.

At some point it's not really much fun to laugh at them anymore. I'm starting to feel pity for them. Like where were you educated again sad.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-08-2016, 06:53 PM
(08-08-2016 01:15 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 01:10 PM)BnW Wrote:  Absolutely. There is plenty of time for Trump to right the ship. Against anyone else I think this would be over, but she's very beatable.

Trump has lost the core of the Republican party; the real one not the racist pseudoparty we have seen emerge in the form of the Tea Party. I was speaking to my 87 year old Grandmother yesterday, a lifelong republican voter and she is so sickened by Trump that for the first time in her life she will not be voting for the Republican choice for president. The only ones left supporting Trump are the racist low information voters like Birdbrain, most of the rest of the Party is abandoning him.

Thank Reason for that! I liken the average (?) Trump supporter to the people who listen to and like Howard Stern. He just freewheels his mouth and occasionally a funny comes out. In Trump's case, no funny comes out, unless you count twisted/bigoted as funny.
08-08-2016, 07:00 PM
(08-08-2016 01:15 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Trump has lost the core of the Republican party; the real one not the racist pseudoparty we have seen emerge in the form of the Tea Party. I was speaking to my 87 year old Grandmother yesterday, a lifelong republican voter and she is so sickened by Trump that for the first time in her life she will not be voting for the Republican choice for president. The only ones left supporting Trump are the racist low information voters like Birdbrain, most of the rest of the Party is abandoning him.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-el...SKCN10J2EH

“Fifty prominent Republican national security officials, including a former CIA director, on Monday called party nominee Donald Trump unqualified to lead the country and said he would be "the most reckless president in American history."

“That said, I think it’s unlikely to influence many voters, but it could give cover to Republican members of Congress and donors who want to cut the cord and move on from Trump.”

I think things like this might move a small percentage of Trump voters but in reality the Trumpistas ™ might be beyond reason. I hope I’m wrong.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
08-08-2016, 07:04 PM
(08-08-2016 04:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My read is that is many of his supporters are just fucking stupid. I mean they are really dumb.

Bill Mitchell: Imagine polls don't exist. Show me evidence Hillary is winning?

Nate Silver:
Imagine there's no polls
It's easy if you try
No Pew or Quinnipiac
On crowd size we rely.

At some point it's not really much fun to laugh at them anymore. I'm starting to feel pity for them. Like where were you educated again sad.

They'll still be here after the elections though. I think the right thing would be to make free college a reality. Then compulsory. Especially for them.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post
08-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Trump cannot abide being seen as a loser. If the polls continue to widen, and more of the Republicans turn against him, it's entirely possible he will drop out, and throw the election into chaos, repeating his lying mantra "the system is rigged".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-08-2016, 09:50 PM
(08-08-2016 07:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Trump cannot abide being seen as a loser. If the polls continue to widen, and more of the Republicans turn against him, it's entirely possible he will drop out, and throw the election into chaos, repeating his lying mantra "the system is rigged".
I don't think the election would be thrown into chaos. There is a procedure, of a sort. The 20th (?) Amendment provides for the death of the president elect before inauguration by promoting the veep elect. By this precedent Pence would be promoted to presidential candidate and would, after inauguration, nominate a veep. I don't think a veep candidate would be selected before the inauguration because there's no process for it. Easier to go the route I've outlined.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
08-08-2016, 11:26 PM
(08-08-2016 09:50 PM)jabeady Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 07:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Trump cannot abide being seen as a loser. If the polls continue to widen, and more of the Republicans turn against him, it's entirely possible he will drop out, and throw the election into chaos, repeating his lying mantra "the system is rigged".
I don't think the election would be thrown into chaos. There is a procedure, of a sort. The 20th (?) Amendment provides for the death of the president elect before inauguration by promoting the veep elect. By this precedent Pence would be promoted to presidential candidate and would, after inauguration, nominate a veep. I don't think a veep candidate would be selected before the inauguration because there's no process for it. Easier to go the route I've outlined.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The procedure does not apply to candidates, only to the elected.

The campaign would be chaotic for the Republicans; they could justifiably dump Pence as he was not chosen by electors, just by the (failed) candidate.

It would be interesting to see what they would do. If they were smart (not a certain thing) they would select a reasonable candidate - that would not include any of the wackos who were contending for it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2016, 06:31 AM
(08-08-2016 01:10 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 01:02 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Unfortunately, there's still a non-zero chance that his hero Donald Trump could come to have such influence.

Absolutely. There is plenty of time for Trump to right the ship. Against anyone else I think this would be over, but she's very beatable.

If it were anybody else, it could potentially be done, but Trump lacks the discipline necessary. He's probably only one fuck up away from being disowned by the RNC, which would explain why he's been looking rather dour the last few days about having to kowtow the party line and giving buttoned up speeches rather than his preferred ad-libbed ramblings.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
09-08-2016, 08:29 AM
(08-08-2016 09:50 PM)jabeady Wrote:  I don't think the election would be thrown into chaos. There is a procedure, of a sort. The 20th (?) Amendment provides for the death of the president elect before inauguration by promoting the veep elect. By this precedent Pence would be promoted to presidential candidate and would, after inauguration, nominate a veep. [...]

Drumpf is not the "president elect". As I see it, there's no reason to believe that Pence would automatically—by default—become the Republican nominee.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.