Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-08-2016, 02:29 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2016 02:37 AM by Vosur.)
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(10-08-2016 01:38 AM)morondog Wrote:  Why did you cite the website to LDH then? Why did you cite it previously, if you don't think it's a legitimate source? Come on Vos. Pull the other one. It's got bells on.
I told LDH to that the website might be worth checking out because he was talking about the flawed methodologies of recent polls earlier in this thread. You need to get your head out of your ass.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2016, 02:41 AM
(10-08-2016 02:29 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 01:38 AM)morondog Wrote:  Why did you cite the website to LDH then? Why did you cite it previously, if you don't think it's a legitimate source? Come on Vos. Pull the other one. It's got bells on.
I told LDH to check out the website because he was talking about the flawed methodologies of recent polls earlier in this thread. Get your head out of your ass.

... Pardon me for misinterpreting you, oh great one who most emphatically does not have *his* head up *his* rectum. I mean, normally when people provide a link they're bolstering their argument.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-08-2016, 03:00 AM
(10-08-2016 02:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  ... Pardon me for misinterpreting you, oh great one who most emphatically does not have *his* head up *his* rectum. I mean, normally when people provide a link they're bolstering their argument.
I don't want your sarcastic apology, I just want people to stop causing meaningless drama. All I did was tell someone to check out a link that is relevant to something they said earlier in this thread and people attack me for it like I was endorsing the source and making an argument that Trump is not gonna lose because the polls are rigged. I've been pretty clear about the fact that I think he blew his chance at winning the presidency in my other posts on the subject.

10-08-2016, 03:53 AM
(10-08-2016 03:00 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 02:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  ... Pardon me for misinterpreting you, oh great one who most emphatically does not have *his* head up *his* rectum. I mean, normally when people provide a link they're bolstering their argument.
I don't want your sarcastic apology, I just want people to stop causing meaningless drama. All I did was tell someone to check out a link that is relevant to something they said earlier in this thread and people attack me for it like I was endorsing the source and making an argument that Trump is not gonna lose because the polls are rigged. I've been pretty clear about the fact that I think he blew his chance at winning the presidency in my other posts on the subject.

"Attack" you Rolleyes Please. I just enjoyed you getting a pretty decent burn from Rev, no matter that you immediately huffed about how he'd misquoted you. If I need to take my head out my ass, *you* could stop being so goddamn thin-skinned.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-08-2016, 05:05 AM
(09-08-2016 06:59 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  For one thing you implied that site was a legitimate source of information.

LOL... some of the stories from the Long Room site:

• Statue of Jesus OPENS ITS EYES in church miracle!
• Dolphin Steals Woman's iPad and Then Laughs About It!
• Dancing Manhole Cover in Arizona Typhoon!
• Invasion of The Green Parakeet Horde!
• Wouldn’t You Want to Touch Christ?

They also seem unable to use full stops?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
10-08-2016, 07:34 AM
(10-08-2016 03:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  If I need to take my head out my ass, *you* could stop being so goddamn thin-skinned.
Deal. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
10-08-2016, 08:20 AM
(10-08-2016 05:05 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(09-08-2016 06:59 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  For one thing you implied that site was a legitimate source of information.

LOL... some of the stories from the Long Room site:

• Statue of Jesus OPENS ITS EYES in church miracle!
• Dolphin Steals Woman's iPad and Then Laughs About It!
• Dancing Manhole Cover in Arizona Typhoon!
• Invasion of The Green Parakeet Horde!
• Wouldn’t You Want to Touch Christ?

They also seem unable to use full stops?

• Dolphin Steals Woman’s iPad and Then Laughs About It!

This one is true.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
12-08-2016, 02:19 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2016 02:23 AM by Dworkin.)
Hi,

There is a lot of stuff in the mediasphere about Trump 'mispeaking' and being crazy, muddleheaded etc.

Maybe it's not like that at all. Maybe Trump knows exactly what he is saying and carefully crafts his dog whistles to hit the targets every time. He says that Obama is "the founder" of ISIS. What do some people hear?

We know that Trump is birther in chief. IMHO it is possible and likely that Trump believes Obama to be a Muslim and a Muslim sympathiser. It is this kind of core belief that gives a person the strength to go through the fires, not self interest or money, but sheer fanaticism. The birther thing alone, without any of the other shenanigans, is a sign of what Trump thinks and intends, and his aim has been sure.

Many people have asked why Trump wants to be president.

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
12-08-2016, 02:25 AM
If he hadn't faltered and screwed himself with his comments on the Khan family I think I'd agree with you, but I'm seeing less Machiavelli and more lucky bigot who rode a wave.

12-08-2016, 05:55 AM
(12-08-2016 02:19 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Hi,

There is a lot of stuff in the mediasphere about Trump 'mispeaking' and being crazy, muddleheaded etc.

Maybe it's not like that at all. Maybe Trump knows exactly what he is saying and carefully crafts his dog whistles to hit the targets every time. He says that Obama is "the founder" of ISIS. What do some people hear?

We know that Trump is birther in chief. IMHO it is possible and likely that Trump believes Obama to be a Muslim and a Muslim sympathiser. It is this kind of core belief that gives a person the strength to go through the fires, not self interest or money, but sheer fanaticism. The birther thing alone, without any of the other shenanigans, is a sign of what Trump thinks and intends, and his aim has been sure.

Many people have asked why Trump wants to be president.

D.

What about this? Trump now gets access to information he was not getting before. Some of it classified. What if in the daily briefings he now gets, he has realized how screwed our country is and feels he can't change anything? He might be shooting himself in the foot, so he doesn't win. IMHO, I don't think the office of president means what it used to. The country has been going in the direction it has been for long time. Other than watching the autopilot plunge our economy into the toilet, the president might not be able to do much in the other direction.