Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
12-08-2016, 12:26 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
Self-styled conservative-paleo-libertarian author Justin Raimondo says that "Trump’s ties to the Clintons, his past pronouncements which are in such blatant contradiction to his current fulminations, and the cries of joy from the Clintonian gallery and the media (or do I repeat myself) all point to a single conclusion: the Trump campaign is a Democratic wrecking operation aimed straight at the GOP’s base.

Donald Trump is a false-flag candidate. It’s all an act, one that benefits his good friend Hillary Clinton and the Democratic party that, until recently, counted the reality show star among its adherents. Indeed, Trump’s pronouncements—the open racism, the demagogic appeals, the faux-populist rhetoric—sound like something out of a Democratic political consultant’s imagination, a caricature of conservatism as performed by a master actor".

—Is this at all possible? Or is this simply a whacko conspiracy theory? (I've never heard of Raimondo; is his a legitimate opinion, or is he just an Alex Jones wannabe?)

..... Huh

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2016, 12:38 PM
(12-08-2016 12:26 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Self-styled conservative-paleo-libertarian author Justin Raimondo says that "Trump’s ties to the Clintons, his past pronouncements which are in such blatant contradiction to his current fulminations, and the cries of joy from the Clintonian gallery and the media (or do I repeat myself) all point to a single conclusion: the Trump campaign is a Democratic wrecking operation aimed straight at the GOP’s base.

Donald Trump is a false-flag candidate. It’s all an act, one that benefits his good friend Hillary Clinton and the Democratic party that, until recently, counted the reality show star among its adherents. Indeed, Trump’s pronouncements—the open racism, the demagogic appeals, the faux-populist rhetoric—sound like something out of a Democratic political consultant’s imagination, a caricature of conservatism as performed by a master actor".

—Is this at all possible? Or is this simply a whacko conspiracy theory? (I've never heard of Raimondo; is his a legitimate opinion, or is he just an Alex Jones wannabe?)

..... Huh

IMO it's a conspiracy theory, constructed by people who are trying to claim that the only reason Trump is the nominee is that he is a master deceiver/manipulator and hasn't been playing fair...

It's easier to claim that he's working for the Democrats than to admit that Trump's bigotry and xenophobia were what appealed to the plurality of GOP primary voters. As it becomes horrifyingly apparent to sane voters how disqualified to hold office Trump is, more people will look for this kind of face-saving rationale.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
12-08-2016, 12:38 PM
(12-08-2016 12:26 PM)SYZ Wrote:  —Is this at all possible?

I don't see Trump as being the type who would be willing to set himself up for a fall.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
12-08-2016, 01:17 PM
I think Trump may have started out his own man (or even a Clinton plant), but now he's become a puppet, with strings being pulled in different directions by several different actors.

On one hand, there's the RNC, on the other, probably some shady (Russian?) connections, and then there's the fools and yes-men he's surrounded himself with.

Top that off with the ego-driven voices in his head that feed off the adulation of his fawning audiences, and his behaviour starts to become understandable. Hobo

To say the man is morally repugnant and stupid is a understatement, but even a stupid puppet can be dangerous: it all depends on who's pulling the strings.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
12-08-2016, 01:48 PM
(12-08-2016 12:38 PM)julep Wrote:  It's easier to claim that he's working for the Democrats than to admit that Trump's bigotry and xenophobia were what appealed to the plurality of GOP primary voters. As it becomes horrifyingly apparent to sane voters how disqualified to hold office Trump is, more people will look for this kind of face-saving rationale.

julep,

Have to agree that the bigotry and xenophobia have appealed to "..the plurality of GOP primary voters." I have argued that Trump's B&X came first, not that he chose B&X to get a presidency. Could be wrong of course, but for now I'll hold.

D.
12-08-2016, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2016 02:48 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
I'm seeing reports on Reddit and Fox news that the FBI and U.S. Attorney office in New York has launched a major investigation into the Clinton foundation. (According to "sources")
Big Dog Preet Bharara is said to be involved. Justice Department has declined to comment. They did not deny the investigation.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
12-08-2016, 03:51 PM
(12-08-2016 02:44 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Justice Department has declined to comment. They did not deny the investigation.

Your implication being they must be conducting an investigation since they didn't outright deny it? I don't think that's what declining to comment means.

#sigh
12-08-2016, 05:14 PM
(12-08-2016 01:48 PM)Dworkin Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 12:38 PM)julep Wrote:  It's easier to claim that he's working for the Democrats than to admit that Trump's bigotry and xenophobia were what appealed to the plurality of GOP primary voters. As it becomes horrifyingly apparent to sane voters how disqualified to hold office Trump is, more people will look for this kind of face-saving rationale.

julep,

Have to agree that the bigotry and xenophobia have appealed to "..the plurality of GOP primary voters." I have argued that Trump's B&X came first, not that he chose B&X to get a presidency. Could be wrong of course, but for now I'll hold.

D.

My opinion is that Trump doesn't personally care much about people being gay or foreign (as long as they are doing what he wants them to--Trump is of course constantly disappointed and enraged that the people he makes deals with want him to keep his promises), but he's great at reading a room and saying what the room wants to hear. I agree that he probably has a set of default awful social prejudices that he hasn't bothered to examine (as he doesn't have the brains for self-analysis), but a lot of times he strikes me as riffing off of the room. When he stays on script, he is dull and gets a bad reaction.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
12-08-2016, 05:35 PM
(12-08-2016 03:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 02:44 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Justice Department has declined to comment. They did not deny the investigation.

Your implication being they must be conducting an investigation since they didn't outright deny it? I don't think that's what declining to comment means.

Not for a federal organization. Maybe a local sheriff.
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
12-08-2016, 06:56 PM
(12-08-2016 12:26 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Self-styled conservative-paleo-libertarian author Justin Raimondo says that "Trump’s ties to the Clintons, his past pronouncements which are in such blatant contradiction to his current fulminations, and the cries of joy from the Clintonian gallery and the media (or do I repeat myself) all point to a single conclusion: the Trump campaign is a Democratic wrecking operation aimed straight at the GOP’s base.

..... Huh

If Trump had been a plant he'd have played coy until at least after the primaries, fumble the debates and have a big blow-out in late October when damage control is impossible. Losing his mind in March when he's still competing with Ted the self-described human Cruz makes little sense. He'd have gone down as a truly unelectable footnote in the annals of US election history.

Trump may be a caricature but that's because that's what he really is and that's what the Republicans really voted in. It's what he's been all along and he's not been subtle about it. Ironically it was the Dems who saw the danger, though they underestimated it.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post