Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-08-2016, 01:59 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(13-08-2016 01:41 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I'm betting 538 doesn't believe those numbers will hold up.

M'kay then. What A Clinton Landslide Would Look Like

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-08-2016, 03:21 PM
(13-08-2016 01:41 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(13-08-2016 01:11 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Sorry little pundit but your math doesn't work. According to 538, Hillary's currently leading by ~8% in the polls. A 1% increase in 70% of the voters doesn't make up for an 8% difference by an order of magnitude.

I'm betting 538 doesn't believe those numbers will hold up. Obama didn't even win by 8% in 2012.

FiveThiryEight's Polls-Only Forecast is where that number comes from. So yes, they do believe those numbers will hold up.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
13-08-2016, 03:22 PM
Frump's spokeswoman lying on CNN ... how can anyone be that stupid ?
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/13/politics/k...ghanistan/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-08-2016, 03:28 PM
(13-08-2016 03:21 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(13-08-2016 01:41 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I'm betting 538 doesn't believe those numbers will hold up. Obama didn't even win by 8% in 2012.

FiveThiryEight's Polls-Only Forecast is where that number comes from. So yes, they do believe those numbers will hold up.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-...ing-badly/

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-08-2016, 09:26 AM
Why is it important for The Donald to release his tax returns?

It is quite possible that because of how the tax code is written, real estate paper losses and write offs can negate real income. If this is the case with Trump’s RE holdings and bankrupcies he might not be paying ANY taxes.

What do you think would happen if he release his tax returns and they showed little if any paid federal taxes? I think that would be the final nail in the coffin and he knows it.

Hard to support a candidate that wants to “Make America Great Again” when he himself isn’t pitching in. It would become obvious that he doesn’t walk the talk.

"How Much Does Donald Trump Pay in Taxes? It Could Be Zero”
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/12/busine....html?_r=0

"Even with hundreds of millions in gross revenue from his vast real estate empire, “it’s both possible and legal that Donald Trump would pay little or no income tax,” said Len Green, an accountant and chairman of the Green Group, a tax and accounting advisory firm. Mr. Green is also a real estate investor, teaches at Babson College and is the author of the forthcoming “The Entrepreneur’s Playbook.”

“I would expect he’s paying little or no tax,” agreed Steven M. Rosenthal, a veteran tax lawyer and senior fellow at the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy center.

That’s because Mr. Trump, as a prominent and active developer, can take advantage of some of the most generous tax breaks in the federal tax code to reduce his reported income to near zero, or even report a loss.”

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
14-08-2016, 09:39 AM
I was listening to the news and it looks horribly likely that the murder of two U.S. Muslims can be linked to the ravings of Trump as the republican candidate, what a vile and un charitable turd this over privileged bastard really is.
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
14-08-2016, 11:52 AM
(14-08-2016 09:39 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I was listening to the news and it looks horribly likely that the murder of two U.S. Muslims can be linked to the ravings of Trump as the republican candidate, what a vile and un charitable turd this over privileged bastard really is.

I just googled "Trump asks supporters to shoot muslims" but no results.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
14-08-2016, 12:09 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2016 02:54 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-08-2016 11:52 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 09:39 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I was listening to the news and it looks horribly likely that the murder of two U.S. Muslims can be linked to the ravings of Trump as the republican candidate, what a vile and un charitable turd this over privileged bastard really is.

Your google fu is weak LoudDuckHamlet. I just googled it and got 1,390,000 hits.

Pretty sure CAIR is talking about this quote. "General Pershing was a rough guy, ... He caught 50 terrorists who did tremendous damage…and he took the 50 terrorists and he took 50 men and dipped 50 bullets in pig's blood. You heard about that? He took 50 bullets and dipped them in pig's blood [which is considered haram]. And he has his men load up their rifles and he lined up the 50 people and they shot 49 of those people. And the 50th person, he said, you go back to your people and you tell them what happened. And for 25 years there wasn't a problem."

Of course Pershing did no such thing but facts don't seem to get in Trump's way.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-08-2016, 01:43 PM
(14-08-2016 11:52 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  

I just googled "Hillary asks Iran to execute nuclear scientist" but no results.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
14-08-2016, 02:01 PM
Four new Marist College state-level polls of swing states show Trump performing dismally. The results are:

- North Carolina: Clinton +9%
- Virginia: Clinton +12%
- Florida: Clinton +5%
- Colorado: Clinton +12%

These leads remained unchanged when other candidates were considered. Marist College is a well-respected polling firm, earning an A rating from Nate Silver.

Trump is doing so poorly that he has turned South Carolina, Georgia, Missouri and Arizona into battleground states.

---