Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
14-08-2016, 02:18 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(14-08-2016 01:43 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  I just googled "Hillary asks Iran to execute nuclear scientist" but no results.
That's a nice straw man you have there. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2016, 02:25 PM
(14-08-2016 02:18 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 01:43 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  I just googled "Hillary asks Iran to execute nuclear scientist" but no results.

I guess it could be strawman if paleo were making an argument instead of ridiculing LoudDorkHelmet's very impressive google fu skills. Pretty sure fallacies do not apply to ridicule.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-08-2016, 02:30 PM
(14-08-2016 11:52 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 09:39 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I was listening to the news and it looks horribly likely that the murder of two U.S. Muslims can be linked to the ravings of Trump as the republican candidate, what a vile and un charitable turd this over privileged bastard really is.

I just googled "Trump asks supporters to shoot muslims" but no results.

He also didn't tell kids in schools across the nation to taunt kids of more recent immagrant heritage (since to these other born Americans they're both as strongly immagrants) but it occurs. At sporting events too or in halls kids have chanted you'll be deported or the wall will keep you away.

That defense is like saying the bible doesn't say to shoot others, it doesn't. It encourages disdain for other beliefs though l.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
14-08-2016, 03:27 PM
(14-08-2016 11:52 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 09:39 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I was listening to the news and it looks horribly likely that the murder of two U.S. Muslims can be linked to the ravings of Trump as the republican candidate, what a vile and un charitable turd this over privileged bastard really is.

I just googled "Trump asks supporters to shoot muslims" but no results.

Don't be so literal and I never mentioned shooting although its likely that they were shot given the good old USA. I meant that due to Trumps inflammatory rhetoric it looks like these two were murdered, leastways that's what the news said.
14-08-2016, 05:53 PM
(14-08-2016 02:30 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 11:52 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I just googled "Trump asks supporters to shoot muslims" but no results.

He also didn't tell kids in schools across the nation to taunt kids of more recent immagrant heritage (since to these other born Americans they're both as strongly immagrants) but it occurs. At sporting events too or in halls kids have chanted you'll be deported or the wall will keep you away.

That defense is like saying the bible doesn't say to shoot others, it doesn't. It encourages disdain for other beliefs though l.

THe Bible only doesn't say to shoot others because guns had not been invented as yet. The Bible surely and multiple times encourages people to kill others who are different. That is the very basis of religion. Kill those who are different from you!
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
14-08-2016, 09:09 PM
(14-08-2016 02:18 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

It's imbecilic for sure but I thought the two statements were pretty comparable.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
14-08-2016, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2016 09:29 PM by GirlyMan.)
do you really want Girly to go deep here?

#sigh
14-08-2016, 09:53 PM
(14-08-2016 09:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  do you really want Girly to go deep here?

It's the only reason I still check in from day to day. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 5 users Like evenheathen's post
14-08-2016, 10:01 PM
“If the disgusting and corrupt media covered me honestly and didn’t put false meaning into the words I say, I would be beating Hillary by 20%,” Trump tweeted Sunday.

In other words in his mind he’ll claim victory no matter what the reality may be.

[Image: 67657986.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
14-08-2016, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2016 10:37 PM by GirlyMan.)
You made me feel stonger.

#sigh