Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-08-2016, 08:51 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(15-08-2016 07:14 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(13-08-2016 01:38 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Stereotype spotted ITP.

I stand by my stereotype. When they start talking about operating busses to get more minorities to vote, it can be safely assumed these are the non-working welfare types. At the very least uncomfortably retired. The ones that don't possess cars or other methods of getting there. The exact ones that will vote for the crats to try to increase their take of the tax dollars.

Of course you do, despite being shown data that disproves your narrative you stand by your stereotypes. This is why we all think you are a bigot and a racist whose opinion is basically worthless.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-08-2016, 10:19 AM
(15-08-2016 08:51 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This is why we all think you are a bigot and a racist whose opinion is basically worthless.
Speak for yourself. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
15-08-2016, 10:26 AM
(15-08-2016 07:14 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I stand by my stereotype. When they start talking about operating busses to get more minorities to vote, it can be safely assumed these are the non-working welfare types. At the very least uncomfortably retired [...]

Interestingly, at the US elections in 2012, the highest turnout figure was for the 60+ age demographic at 70%, and the 18-29 age was the lowest at 40% [US Census Bureau, May 2013].

The so-called "silent generation" demographic of the 60-86 age actually favours the Republicans by 47% to the Democrats at 43%. And the so-called "millennial generation" demographic of the 18-33 age favours the Democrats by 51% to the Republicans at 35%. [Pew Research, April 2015].

These figures totally nullify your "stereotype" of minorities, especially that retired people will vote for the Democrats. Unless of course you'd like to post a link in support of that claim?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
15-08-2016, 10:53 AM
(15-08-2016 10:26 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 07:14 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I stand by my stereotype. When they start talking about operating busses to get more minorities to vote, it can be safely assumed these are the non-working welfare types. At the very least uncomfortably retired [...]

Interestingly, at the US elections in 2012, the highest turnout figure was for the 60+ age demographic at 70%, and the 18-29 age was the lowest at 40% [US Census Bureau, May 2013].

The so-called "silent generation" demographic of the 60-86 age actually favours the Republicans by 47% to the Democrats at 43%. And the so-called "millennial generation" demographic of the 18-33 age favours the Democrats by 51% to the Republicans at 35%. [Pew Research, April 2015].

These figures totally nullify your "stereotype" of minorities, especially that retired people will vote for the Democrats. Unless of course you'd like to post a link in support of that claim?

I did not say all retirees will vote for the crats. Just those that the crats have guided into being completely reliant on welfare and foodstamps. Foodstamps used to be an embarrassment that people used to try like hell to get off of. The slime that currently use it as a source of income have forced me to pay for stuff with my tax dollars I never would have a few years ago. They can use them to pay for prepared foods, like at QuickChek and the like. During my time as security, I watched people buy lobster with foodstamps. This should not be shown as a respectable source of income.
15-08-2016, 11:01 AM
(15-08-2016 10:53 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 10:26 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Interestingly, at the US elections in 2012, the highest turnout figure was for the 60+ age demographic at 70%, and the 18-29 age was the lowest at 40% [US Census Bureau, May 2013].

I did not say all retirees will vote for the crats. Just those that the crats have guided into being completely reliant on welfare and foodstamps. Foodstamps used to be an embarrassment that people used to try like hell to get off of. The slime that currently use it as a source of income have forced me to pay for stuff with my tax dollars I never would have a few years ago. They can use them to pay for prepared foods, like at QuickChek and the like. During my time as security, I watched people buy lobster with foodstamps. This should not be shown as a respectable source of income.

I have also seen people use food stamps for rather extravagant purchases...neither you or I have witnessed EVERYONE who receives food stamps do the same.

There are always going to be people who game the system.

But there are people out there that rely on assistance to survive.

A revamp of the system may be in order but not a total end to help for those who really need it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
15-08-2016, 11:19 AM
(15-08-2016 11:01 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 10:53 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I did not say all retirees will vote for the crats. Just those that the crats have guided into being completely reliant on welfare and foodstamps. Foodstamps used to be an embarrassment that people used to try like hell to get off of. The slime that currently use it as a source of income have forced me to pay for stuff with my tax dollars I never would have a few years ago. They can use them to pay for prepared foods, like at QuickChek and the like. During my time as security, I watched people buy lobster with foodstamps. This should not be shown as a respectable source of income.

I have also seen people use food stamps for rather extravagant purchases...neither you or I have witnessed EVERYONE who receives food stamps do the same.

A revamp of the system may be in order but not a total end to help for those who really need it.

That is all I want. Revamp the system. Instead of doing it the crat way by extending benefits. All I want is to have the government monitor what is being purchased and put restrictions on what they can be used for. You should not be able to buy lobster, nor should you be able to have a sandwich made for you anywhere. I don't know why I am supposedly a bigot for wanting people to stop scamming the system and start paying their own way.
15-08-2016, 11:52 AM
(15-08-2016 11:19 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 11:01 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I have also seen people use food stamps for rather extravagant purchases...neither you or I have witnessed EVERYONE who receives food stamps do the same.

That is all I want. Revamp the system. Instead of doing it the crat way by extending benefits. All I want is to have the government monitor what is being purchased and put restrictions on what they can be used for. You should not be able to buy lobster, nor should you be able to have a sandwich made for you anywhere. I don't know why I am supposedly a bigot for wanting people to stop scamming the system and start paying their own way.

I don't really have an issue with some using FOOD stamps to buy a sandwich to eat while they are working at some crappy minimum wage job. For that matter they should also be able to buy something to drink to go with it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

15-08-2016, 11:56 AM
(15-08-2016 10:19 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 08:51 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This is why we all think you are a bigot and a racist whose opinion is basically worthless.
Speak for yourself. Drinking Beverage

Vosur your a seriously nice guy and I actually sincerely respect you so I'm surprised and not a little disappointed and saddened by this post Sad
15-08-2016, 12:02 PM
(15-08-2016 11:01 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I have also seen people use food stamps for rather extravagant purchases...neither you or I have witnessed EVERYONE who receives food stamps do the same.

This is not the reason some people here think you are a bigot. It's your racist remarks and your generalities about people that throw you into the bigot category.

Even that sentence (bolded) implies that you think there are certain types of people who scam the system, and it's not their character you group them by.

Stop pretending you don't know why some of us have issues with your blanket statements.

15-08-2016, 12:16 PM

The largest reform of the welfare system in recent years, was done under the William Clinton Administration.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/arch...it/476322/
More "corporate" welfare (HUGE corporate tax breaks) was initiated in recent years by Republican administrations. There are huge profitable companies that pay no taxes.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/mark.../81399094/

Lets keep the actual FACTS straight.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.