Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-08-2016, 12:35 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(15-08-2016 11:01 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I have also seen people use food stamps for rather extravagant purchases...

You don't have restrictions in TX like we do in MD?

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2016, 12:37 PM
(15-08-2016 12:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 11:01 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I have also seen people use food stamps for rather extravagant purchases...

You don't have restrictions in TX like we do in MD?

WIC is very specific with what you can buy.

Food stamps aren't. You can pretty much purchase any food item at a grocery store. I am not real familiar with birdguy's references to prepared foods.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-08-2016, 01:46 PM
(15-08-2016 07:14 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(13-08-2016 01:38 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Stereotype spotted ITP.

I stand by my stereotype.

Yeah, I didn't expect you to change your mind, I just wanted to point out your channelized thinking to those few who haven't already noticed it. Observe, dear Reader: this is what a programmed mind looks like.

What little mind you have is incapable of change, I'm betting, because you only hear what you want to hear, and leave everything else outside your bubble.
15-08-2016, 01:48 PM
(15-08-2016 12:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 11:19 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  That is all I want. Revamp the system. Instead of doing it the crat way by extending benefits. All I want is to have the government monitor what is being purchased and put restrictions on what they can be used for. You should not be able to buy lobster, nor should you be able to have a sandwich made for you anywhere. I don't know why I am supposedly a bigot for wanting people to stop scamming the system and start paying their own way.

The largest reform of the welfare system in recent years, was done under the William Clinton Administration.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/arch...it/476322/
More "corporate" welfare (HUGE corporate tax breaks) was initiated in recent years by Republican administrations. There are huge profitable companies that pay no taxes.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/mark.../81399094/

Lets keep the actual FACTS straight.

I know about the large businesses that pay no taxes. The NFL is one such thing. They are classified as a non-profit. The people are too dumb to do anything about it, so I am targeting the wastes that something can be done about.
15-08-2016, 01:56 PM
(15-08-2016 12:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 12:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You don't have restrictions in TX like we do in MD?

WIC is very specific with what you can buy.

Food stamps aren't. You can pretty much purchase any food item at a grocery store. I am not real familiar with birdguy's references to prepared foods.

Are foodstamps SNAP?

#sigh
15-08-2016, 02:06 PM
(15-08-2016 10:53 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The slime that currently use it as a source of income have forced me to pay for stuff with my tax dollars I never would have a few years ago.

This from a guy who sold a trailer under the table to avoid paying sales tax.

Fucking hypocrite.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
15-08-2016, 02:07 PM
(15-08-2016 01:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 12:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  WIC is very specific with what you can buy.

Are foodstamps SNAP?

Yes, they are called different things in different states.

Years ago it was simply Food Stamps and it looked like Monopoly money. Now it's mostly swipe cards that are reloaded at intervals.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-08-2016, 02:07 PM
(15-08-2016 11:19 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  All I want is to have the government monitor what is being purchased and put restrictions on what they can be used for. You should not be able to buy lobster, nor should you be able to have a sandwich made for you anywhere. .

"Let them eat cake."

D.
15-08-2016, 02:11 PM
(15-08-2016 02:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 01:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Are foodstamps SNAP?

Yes, they are called different things in different states.

Years ago it was simply Food Stamps and it looked like Monopoly money. Now it's mostly swipe cards that are reloaded at intervals.

Thanks. If they're just swiping cards now like everyone else how is it evident that they are using foodstamps for luxury foods?

#sigh
15-08-2016, 02:23 PM
(15-08-2016 02:06 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 10:53 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The slime that currently use it as a source of income have forced me to pay for stuff with my tax dollars I never would have a few years ago.

This from a guy who sold a trailer under the table to avoid paying sales tax.

Fucking hypocrite.

WTF are you talking about? I have not avoided taxes at all. Some of our customers have by registering stuff in Maine. It is not illegal for them to do that. I might argue that it is immoral, but no laws are broken.