Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-08-2016, 02:25 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(15-08-2016 02:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 02:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Yes, they are called different things in different states.

Years ago it was simply Food Stamps and it looked like Monopoly money. Now it's mostly swipe cards that are reloaded at intervals.

Thanks. If they're just swiping cards now like everyone else how is it evident that they are using foodstamps for luxury foods?

In New Jersey it shows up as EBT or Families First. It is blatantly obvious when you know what you are looking for. The cards are also Blue and Yellow. Also easy to spot.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
(15-08-2016 11:56 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Vosur your a seriously nice guy and I actually sincerely respect you so I'm surprised and not a little disappointed and saddened by this post Sad
You're sad and disappointed because I voiced my disagreement with someone who claims to speak on behalf of everyone in spite of the fact that there are several people who don't share his views? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
(15-08-2016 02:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 02:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Yes, they are called different things in different states.

Years ago it was simply Food Stamps and it looked like Monopoly money. Now it's mostly swipe cards that are reloaded at intervals.

Thanks. If they're just swiping cards now like everyone else how is it evident that they are using foodstamps for luxury foods?

I think they have made them look a lot more like a debit card. They used to be fairly obvious. Back when I did some cashiering part time in SC, you also had to ask if they were using EBT or SNAP because of what button had to be pushed on the register to receive the info. I feel certain the technology has improved since then.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
15-08-2016, 02:31 PM
(15-08-2016 02:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 02:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Thanks. If they're just swiping cards now like everyone else how is it evident that they are using foodstamps for luxury foods?

I think they have made them look a lot more like a debit card. They used to be fairly obvious. Back when I did some cashiering part time in SC, you also had to ask if they were using EBT or SNAP because of what button had to be pushed on the register to receive the info. I feel certain the technology has improved since then.

This is precisely my point. Ease of use, able to use on luxury foods, no need for Identification (can sell the cards to someone else), and lack of oversight, means there is no reason to ever try to better themselves and get off the backs of taxpayers.
15-08-2016, 02:36 PM
(15-08-2016 02:23 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 02:06 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  This from a guy who sold a trailer under the table to avoid paying sales tax.

Fucking hypocrite.

WTF are you talking about? I have not avoided taxes at all. Some of our customers have by registering stuff in Maine. It is not illegal for them to do that. I might argue that it is immoral, but no laws are broken.

You've forgotten already? $2500 cash, that ring a bell?
15-08-2016, 02:45 PM
(15-08-2016 02:36 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 02:23 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  WTF are you talking about? I have not avoided taxes at all. Some of our customers have by registering stuff in Maine. It is not illegal for them to do that. I might argue that it is immoral, but no laws are broken.

I still don't know what you are talking about. We charge tax regardless. It is a 3% fee that someone was probably avoiding by paying cash instead of credit card.
15-08-2016, 02:46 PM
(15-08-2016 02:31 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 02:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I think they have made them look a lot more like a debit card. They used to be fairly obvious. Back when I did some cashiering part time in SC, you also had to ask if they were using EBT or SNAP because of what button had to be pushed on the register to receive the info. I feel certain the technology has improved since then.

This is precisely my point. Ease of use, able to use on luxury foods, no need for Identification (can sell the cards to someone else), and lack of oversight, means there is no reason to ever try to better themselves and get off the backs of taxpayers.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/fi...onthly.pdf

Look at the average benefits per person/household. The amount has actually done down since 2013. At $250.00 a month per household you aren't exactly getting over big, nor are you eating lobster every night.

Average monthly benefit is about $125.00 per person or about $4.00 a DAY.

Not exactly a get rich quick scheme.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
15-08-2016, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2016 03:21 PM by GirlyMan.)
(15-08-2016 02:36 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 02:23 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  WTF are you talking about? I have not avoided taxes at all. Some of our customers have by registering stuff in Maine. It is not illegal for them to do that. I might argue that it is immoral, but no laws are broken.

To be fair, he did sell it to Chico. .... Or it might've been Hector.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-08-2016, 03:15 PM
Birdguy1979 would rather see the food thrown away. That rather than give it those ones who just loathe to work. I wonder what makes him think Trump will really fix it that way.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
15-08-2016, 03:19 PM
(15-08-2016 01:48 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 12:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The largest reform of the welfare system in recent years, was done under the William Clinton Administration.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/arch...it/476322/
More "corporate" welfare (HUGE corporate tax breaks) was initiated in recent years by Republican administrations. There are huge profitable companies that pay no taxes.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/mark.../81399094/

Lets keep the actual FACTS straight.

I know about the large businesses that pay no taxes. The NFL is one such thing. They are classified as a non-profit. The people are too dumb to do anything about it, so I am targeting the wastes that something can be done about.

The last time I checked, the REPUBLICANS run the Congress. If they were to pass a bill taxing the NFL, I suspect it would get signed. So don't lay your shit at the feet of the Democrats.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.