Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-08-2016, 03:24 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(15-08-2016 02:25 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 11:56 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Vosur your a seriously nice guy and I actually sincerely respect you so I'm surprised and not a little disappointed and saddened by this post Sad
You're sad and disappointed because I voiced my disagreement with someone who claims to speak on behalf of everyone in spite of the fact that there are several people who don't share his views? Consider

No its not that, I'm just sad that it appears that you support someone who is a bigot and is being unkind when I know you are not, forgive me if I have somehow got this wrong and misinterpreted you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2016, 03:29 PM
(15-08-2016 03:24 PM)adey67 Wrote:  No its not that, I'm just sad that it appears that you support someone who is a bigot and is being unkind when I know you are not, forgive me if I have somehow got this wrong and misinterpreted you.
I don't support him, I just don't think that his opinion is worthless. I've been here for more than four years and I've never told anyone that so when Revs says that everyone here thinks that, I take issue with it.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
15-08-2016, 03:37 PM
(15-08-2016 03:29 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 03:24 PM)adey67 Wrote:  No its not that, I'm just sad that it appears that you support someone who is a bigot and is being unkind when I know you are not, forgive me if I have somehow got this wrong and misinterpreted you.
I don't support him, I just don't think that his opinion is worthless. I've been here for more than four years and I've never told anyone that.

Ok I'm sorry if I got it wrong, like I said I respect you a lot its just I find birdguy and many of his beliefs to be ott and deliberately inflammatory but no one persons view is totally worthless, that's fair comment my friend Smile
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
15-08-2016, 06:42 PM
(15-08-2016 10:19 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 08:51 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This is why we all think you are a bigot and a racist whose opinion is basically worthless.
Speak for yourself. Drinking Beverage

Do you have any data to counter the data Revenant might be referring to? It may have been a better idea to ask him about the data they mentioned.
15-08-2016, 06:54 PM
(15-08-2016 06:42 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Do you have any data to counter the data Revenant might be referring to? It may have been a better idea to ask him about the data they mentioned.
How about we start with the fact that six people gave the guy positive reputation for his contributions? That's six people right there who don't think his opinion is worthless.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
15-08-2016, 07:02 PM
Since we are talking about him right here, I have observed that he is changing. When ditto-heading and regurgitating somebody else's crap, yeah, I can see Rev's point. On the other hand I see responses that are not copy-pasta and those are better.
15-08-2016, 07:10 PM
(15-08-2016 06:54 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 06:42 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Do you have any data to counter the data Revenant might be referring to? It may have been a better idea to ask him about the data they mentioned.
How about we start with the fact that six people gave the guy positive reputation for his contributions? That's six people right there who don't think his opinion is worthless.

I don't think that his opinions are worthless, but I do think that they're stupid.

... but that's just my opinion of his opinions about other people and their opinions.

Luckily for all of us, opinions in and of themselves don't ultimately matter. That's why we call them opinions. Drinking Beverage

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
15-08-2016, 07:19 PM
(15-08-2016 11:19 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  That is all I want. Revamp the system. Instead of doing it the crat way by extending benefits. All I want is to have the government monitor what is being purchased and put restrictions on what they can be used for. You should not be able to buy lobster, nor should you be able to have a sandwich made for you anywhere. I don't know why I am supposedly a bigot for wanting people to stop scamming the system and start paying their own way.

I see no reason why a person who uses public support should not be able to buy a certain kind of food. There are times when lobster is on sale and similar in price to other fish or beef cuts. And why should a person be prevented from celebrating? Maybe someone on SNAP buys lobster to celebrate a raise at their low-paying job. Maybe it was his/her mother's 80th birthday. Who cares why they chose quality over quantity for a certain purchase?

And what's the deal with getting a sandwich made? Picture an old man with arthritis, in need of SNAP because his Social Security barely covers his rent, forced to suffer his hands aching for hours after painfully assembling his own damn sandwich, just because you think people don't deserve help. And again, for what? Because you're afraid that a few people at the bottom end of the resource scale may be getting a few products and services that aren't what you feel they should prioritize?

You want a fiscal enemy, look at the other end of the scale. It's the people who take 10 or 100 or 1000 times more than a fair share who are the problem, not the ones getting 30-50% of a fair share. You are getting screwed by the rich, not the poor.
[+] 7 users Like I Am's post
15-08-2016, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2016 07:29 PM by GirlyMan.)
(15-08-2016 07:19 PM)I Am Wrote:  You are getting screwed by the rich, not the poor.

He can't appreciate that the nectar of the gods he thinks he's been being fed is just the rich pissing on him. He has no palate. Ain't no such thing as trickle down economics. It's tinkle down economics where the rich piss on the poor and convince them it is the nectar of the gods. .... BirdBrain's fucked.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-08-2016, 09:56 PM
(15-08-2016 02:45 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 02:36 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You've forgotten already? $2500 cash, that ring a bell?

I still don't know what you are talking about. We charge tax regardless.

Yeah, you clearly forgot your own post.