Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
16-08-2016, 01:55 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(15-08-2016 07:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ain't no such thing as trickle down economics. It's tinkle down economics where the rich piss on the poor and convince them it is the nectar of the gods. .... BirdBrain's fucked.

GirlyMan,

Trickle down economics has never worked.

D.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2016, 07:31 AM
(15-08-2016 09:56 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  ... you clearly forgot your own post ...

This one. The subsequent discussion flies right over Mr. 1979's head. Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
16-08-2016, 08:03 AM
(16-08-2016 07:31 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 09:56 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  ... you clearly forgot your own post ...

This one. The subsequent discussion flies right over Mr. 1979's head. Laugh out load

Again, wrong but not illegal. This is what happens when illegals can just freely come and go as they please. Not my fault. I am not legally required to refuse sales to Mexicans. Nor am I legally allowed.
16-08-2016, 08:17 AM
(16-08-2016 08:03 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 07:31 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  This one. The subsequent discussion flies right over Mr. 1979's head. Laugh out load

Again, wrong but not illegal. This is what happens when illegals can just freely come and go as they please. Not my fault. I am not legally required to refuse sales to Mexicans. Nor am I legally allowed.

How much profit did you make on the sale of the trailer?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
16-08-2016, 08:22 AM
(16-08-2016 08:17 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 08:03 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Again, wrong but not illegal. This is what happens when illegals can just freely come and go as they please. Not my fault. I am not legally required to refuse sales to Mexicans. Nor am I legally allowed.

How much profit did you make on the sale of the trailer?

I don't remember. It doesn't matter. My employer pays tax on income, just like most people. I don't work for a multi-national corporation that hides income.
16-08-2016, 08:24 AM
(16-08-2016 08:22 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 08:17 AM)Anjele Wrote:  How much profit did you make on the sale of the trailer?

I don't remember. It doesn't matter. My employer pays tax on income, just like most people. I don't work for a multi-national corporation that hides income.

It does matter.

When determining if a sale must be reported as income, it isn’t the dollar amount that matters or how it was sold, but whether the item was sold for more than it was originally purchased. This is because selling something at a garage sale for more than you bought it results in a capital gain, which must be reported to the IRS as income. Capital gains typically are realized when selling items that have appreciated in value, such as antiques and collectibles that you are not normally in the business of selling..

One key caveat here is that for you to establish a nontaxable loss on the sale of your personal items, you generally must know how much you originally paid for the items (i.e., your basis in the items). Otherwise, if you don’t know your basis, the IRS may assume that you have zero basis and consider the entire sales price of the items taxable.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-08-2016, 08:33 AM
(16-08-2016 08:24 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 08:22 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I don't remember. It doesn't matter. My employer pays tax on income, just like most people. I don't work for a multi-national corporation that hides income.

It does matter.

When determining if a sale must be reported as income, it isn’t the dollar amount that matters or how it was sold, but whether the item was sold for more than it was originally purchased. This is because selling something at a garage sale for more than you bought it results in a capital gain, which must be reported to the IRS as income. Capital gains typically are realized when selling items that have appreciated in value, such as antiques and collectibles that you are not normally in the business of selling..

One key caveat here is that for you to establish a nontaxable loss on the sale of your personal items, you generally must know how much you originally paid for the items (i.e., your basis in the items). Otherwise, if you don’t know your basis, the IRS may assume that you have zero basis and consider the entire sales price of the items taxable.

It does not matter. We are a trailer dealer. Everything we sell is at a price higher than we paid, therefore it all gets reported as income.
16-08-2016, 11:04 AM
(16-08-2016 08:03 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I am not legally required to refuse sales to Mexicans. Nor am I legally allowed.

Gosh, that really pisses you off.
16-08-2016, 11:09 AM
(14-08-2016 09:39 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I was listening to the news and it looks horribly likely that the murder of two U.S. Muslims can be linked to the ravings of Trump as the republican candidate, what a vile and un charitable turd this over privileged bastard really is.

Well there goes that theory. I was just watching the news and they have arrested the suspected shooter. They recovered a handgun hidden in his apartment wall.

He's not some white racist Trump supporter. Looked hispanic to me. They alluded to some issue between hispanics and muslims in the area that resulted in some recent conflict.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
16-08-2016, 11:28 AM
(16-08-2016 11:09 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 09:39 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I was listening to the news and it looks horribly likely that the murder of two U.S. Muslims can be linked to the ravings of Trump as the republican candidate, what a vile and un charitable turd this over privileged bastard really is.

Well there goes that theory. I was just watching the news and they have arrested the suspected shooter. They recovered a handgun hidden in his apartment wall.

He's not some white racist Trump supporter. Looked hispanic to me. They alluded to some issue between hispanics and muslims in the area that resulted in some recent conflict.

What, only whites can be bigots?

For the record, police have not ruled out anti-Muslim bigotry, and are still investigating the motive for the double-murder.