Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-08-2016, 06:37 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(17-08-2016 05:44 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 09:07 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Who said they were the most popular ones? They're just the two that got in.

And it doesn't require any cognitive dissonance at all. In Canada we begin with the assumption that all the politicians are liars. That's their job after all. We call them "statesmen" and "diplomats" but those are just really impressive words for 'some guy who's going to go and lie to your liars on my behalf'. I want the best of the deal so I want my liar to be better than your liar. With that out of the way all you need do is determine which liar is best and which will lie to you the least.

Hillary's problem is a quarter century of Republican witch hunts ruining her credibility.

Trump's problem is just that he's a shitty liar.

That is if you assume that they will lie in your favor. Ours lie to us, against us, and in favor of countries that should have been bombed back to the stone age a long time ago.
Birdguy you are an enigma to me, your posts on other threads are on the whole measured thoughtful and well presented (as far as I've seen) but on this one you're..... well, the word Luddite springs to mind. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2016, 06:47 AM
(17-08-2016 06:37 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 05:44 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  That is if you assume that they will lie in your favor. Ours lie to us, against us, and in favor of countries that should have been bombed back to the stone age a long time ago.
Birdguy you are an enigma to me, your posts on other threads are on the whole measured thoughtful and well presented (as far as I've seen) but on this one you're..... well, the word Luddite springs to mind. Big Grin

This forum is called "thethinkingatheist.com". I guess on politics, we have to disagree. I still agree with you on god most likely not existing, as well as probably many other things. We were bound to disagree somewhere. I was raised in the school system of Sparta NJ. I had it drilled into my head that people should be responsible for their own actions and that nobody will help you. I was teased mercilessly because I was smaller than everyone else, until I started standing up for myself. I am a hard ass, I will admit it. That doesn't mean I am any more right or wrong than you are.
17-08-2016, 06:55 AM
(17-08-2016 06:47 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 06:37 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Birdguy you are an enigma to me, your posts on other threads are on the whole measured thoughtful and well presented (as far as I've seen) but on this one you're..... well, the word Luddite springs to mind. Big Grin

This forum is called "thethinkingatheist.com". I guess on politics, we have to disagree. I still agree with you on god most likely not existing, as well as probably many other things. We were bound to disagree somewhere. I was raised in the school system of Sparta NJ. I had it drilled into my head that people should be responsible for their own actions and that nobody will help you. I was teased mercilessly because I was smaller than everyone else, until I started standing up for myself. I am a hard ass, I will admit it. That doesn't mean I am any more right or wrong than you are.
Fair comment bro, I feel I understand you a bit better now which is cool. Smile
17-08-2016, 07:20 AM
(17-08-2016 06:55 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 06:47 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  This forum is called "thethinkingatheist.com". I guess on politics, we have to disagree. I still agree with you on god most likely not existing, as well as probably many other things. We were bound to disagree somewhere. I was raised in the school system of Sparta NJ. I had it drilled into my head that people should be responsible for their own actions and that nobody will help you. I was teased mercilessly because I was smaller than everyone else, until I started standing up for myself. I am a hard ass, I will admit it. That doesn't mean I am any more right or wrong than you are.
Fair comment bro, I feel I understand you a bit better now which is cool. Smile

Just in case you think I am still small, I just want to clarify. I was a lot smaller than everyone else my age. I am of average height now. It is just that the farce that we have now, is not the way I was taught the world is supposed to work.
17-08-2016, 07:40 AM
(16-08-2016 09:07 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Who said they were the most popular ones? They're just the two that got in.

And it doesn't require any cognitive dissonance at all. In Canada we begin with the assumption that all the politicians are liars. That's their job after all. We call them "statesmen" and "diplomats" but those are just really impressive words for 'some guy who's going to go and lie to your liars on my behalf'. I want the best of the deal so I want my liar to be better than your liar. With that out of the way all you need do is determine which liar is best and which will lie to you the least.

Hillary's problem is a quarter century of Republican witch hunts ruining her credibility.

That's about how I look at it. Plus, IMO there is something seriously wrong with you in the first place if you want to be president.

The question is, will this person be toxic to progress and to foreign relations or not. These are my requirements, they must not be toxic to either progress or foreign relations.

Trump is toxic to everyone who doesn't provide him with narcissistic supply (either adoration or fear). And the current GOP is toxic to progress. Trump - he doesn't really care about any of the issues, he just cares about being admired and feared. Trump + the current GOP = my political nightmare.

I was republican for most of my life. I am most certainly not republican these days. That party has totally lost it's way.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
17-08-2016, 07:52 AM
(17-08-2016 07:40 AM)Dom Wrote:  I was republican for most of my life. I am most certainly not republican these days. That party has totally lost it's way.

I always hear this, but how exactly did the party "lose" its way?
17-08-2016, 08:04 AM
(17-08-2016 07:52 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  ... but how exactly did the party "lose" its way?

It's lost its intellect. Compare its discourse today with what the discourse was 30 years ago and it's obvious that the GOP has lost its mind. My belief is that this decline began with Reagan's embrace of evangelicals, in so doing legitimizing their political voice, but the decline of intellect in general is more complex than that and it isn't only the GOP that's been affected, but its loss has been catastrophic.
[+] 5 users Like Airportkid's post
17-08-2016, 08:16 AM
(17-08-2016 07:20 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 06:55 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Fair comment bro, I feel I understand you a bit better now which is cool. Smile

Just in case you think I am still small, I just want to clarify. I was a lot smaller than everyone else my age. I am of average height now. It is just that the farce that we have now, is not the way I was taught the world is supposed to work.
I guess we are all a product of our environment and upbringing to some degree, American politics does seem to be a bit screwy on both sides at the moment that's for sure. I'm real sorry you got picked on when you were younger I know how that feels people tend to dismiss it but it can have lasting effects I know it did for me.
17-08-2016, 08:25 AM
(17-08-2016 07:40 AM)Dom Wrote:  

That's about how I look at it. Plus, IMO there is something seriously wrong with you in the first place if you want to be president.

The question is, will this person be toxic to progress and to foreign relations or not. These are my requirements, they must not be toxic to either progress or foreign relations.

Trump is toxic to everyone who doesn't provide him with narcissistic supply (either adoration or fear). And the current GOP is toxic to progress. Trump - he doesn't really care about any of the issues, he just cares about being admired and feared. Trump + the current GOP = my political nightmare.

I was republican for most of my life. I am most certainly not republican these days. That party has totally lost it's way.

Hillary stood and gave a speech talking about how the white people need to bow to blacks and give them more. As if she should be the one to talk. That stupid "old money hag". She is one of the reasons that racism is still a thing. The crats create and maintain dependency on welfare programs to buy votes.
17-08-2016, 08:29 AM
(17-08-2016 08:25 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Hillary stood and gave a speech talking about how the white people need to bow to blacks and give them more. As if she should be the one to talk. That stupid "old money hag". She is one of the reasons that racism is still a thing. The crats create and maintain dependency on welfare programs to buy votes.

Link please.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?