Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-08-2016, 12:08 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(17-08-2016 08:04 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 07:52 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  ... but how exactly did the party "lose" its way?

It's lost its intellect. Compare its discourse today with what the discourse was 30 years ago and it's obvious that the GOP has lost its mind. My belief is that this decline began with Reagan's embrace of evangelicals, in so doing legitimizing their political voice, but the decline of intellect in general is more complex than that and it isn't only the GOP that's been affected, but its loss has been catastrophic.

Yabbut, can you give me an example of intellect that it used to have? In the last century, not someone like Lincoln. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2016, 12:20 PM
(17-08-2016 09:14 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 09:08 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Ok, maybe she didn't say that we need to bow to them. She did basically call us all racists.

Who is "us all"?

All whites and cops. It is not racist to state the truth. If a bunch of blacks, whites, Asians, whatever are standing on the street in a group and are dressed like the stereotype for black thug, I am going to avoid them. That is not racism, it is common sense. If I were a cop and see the same thing and I go to stop one of them for something I see them do and upon being told to put their hands where I can see them, they reach into their wasteband I would shoot them too. Seconds can cost a life. It is not racism, it is common sense.
17-08-2016, 12:24 PM
(17-08-2016 12:20 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 09:14 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Who is "us all"?

All whites and cops. It is not racist to state the truth. If a bunch of blacks, whites, Asians, whatever are standing on the street in a group and are dressed like the stereotype for black thug, I am going to avoid them. That is not racism, it is common sense. If I were a cop and see the same thing and I go to stop one of them for something I see them do and upon being told to put their hands where I can see them, they reach into their wasteband I would shoot them too. Seconds can cost a life. It is not racism, it is common sense.

It's posts like this that show you are a bigot.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
17-08-2016, 01:24 PM
(17-08-2016 12:20 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 09:14 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Who is "us all"?

All whites ...

And there you have it. Q.E.D.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-08-2016, 01:30 PM
(17-08-2016 12:08 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  ... can you give me an example of intellect that it used to have? In the last century ...

Execrable as he was, Nixon was not intellectually vacant. But the GOP had its admirable coterie too, William Buckley among the best known and respected. Those two are off the top of my head; with a little googling I'm sure more can be easily found - you just have to go back a decade or more.

I'm no proponent of conservatism, but a progressive ideology unleavened by a conservative influence would create unreasonable extremes, and vice versa, of course. But that leavening turned to irrational obstruction has become an extreme itself, and a now clueless (i.e. mindless) GOP is rapidly making itself irrelevant in all respects save as more acid and grit in the machinery of governance, disabling it instead of making it work for for anyone's benefit. It's funny to watch except it's goddamn scary.
[+] 6 users Like Airportkid's post
17-08-2016, 01:43 PM
I'm just gonna leave this here for Random Asshole - errr - Birdboy.

[Image: Food%20stamps_zpsu0pdiooe.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 8 users Like Anjele's post
17-08-2016, 01:51 PM
(17-08-2016 01:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I'm just gonna leave this here for Random Asshole - errr - Birdboy.

I've heard the second one a couple times before, but never the first one.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
17-08-2016, 02:10 PM
(17-08-2016 01:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I'm just gonna leave this here for Random Asshole - errr - Birdboy.

They should have to buy just needs, not wants. I have been known to buy generic versions of cereals to save money I couldn't afford to spend. It is not the best quality, but it fills the need to eat. The idea that they need nothing but name brand and can buy luxuries such as lobster is ludicrous. Foodstamps are supposed to be something that helps you out when you are down on your luck. Not a permanent source of income that people are proud of.
17-08-2016, 02:14 PM
(17-08-2016 02:10 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  

They should have to buy just needs, not wants. I have been known to buy generic versions of cereals to save money I couldn't afford to spend. It is not the best quality, but it fills the need to eat. The idea that they need nothing but name brand and can buy luxuries such as lobster is ludicrous. Foodstamps are supposed to be something that helps you out when you are down on your luck. Not a permanent source of income that people are proud of.

Average paid out per household per month in 2016 $250.00. Not exactly living large. I provided the link earlier in this thread.

And who, exactly, is proud of receiving food stamps?

Are you pissed off because you can't get them?

17-08-2016, 02:15 PM
(17-08-2016 12:24 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 12:20 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  All whites and cops. It is not racist to state the truth. If a bunch of blacks, whites, Asians, whatever are standing on the street in a group and are dressed like the stereotype for black thug, I am going to avoid them. That is not racism, it is common sense. If I were a cop and see the same thing and I go to stop one of them for something I see them do and upon being told to put their hands where I can see them, they reach into their wasteband I would shoot them too. Seconds can cost a life. It is not racism, it is common sense.

It's posts like this that show you are a bigot.

So, you are saying that cops should stand there and wait until the gangsta pulls the weapon before pulling theirs? The few seconds it would take for the cop to react, means their death if it is a gun the suspect is producing. How about we teach the thugs to cooperate a bit and then they wouldn't get shot. It is not just the blacks, though they seem to mouth off the most.