Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-08-2016, 07:56 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(17-08-2016 09:14 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 09:08 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Ok, maybe she didn't say that we need to bow to them. She did basically call us all racists.

Who is "us all"?

This guy is “us all”. Ten bear hugs if you can name him.

[Image: RobertStroud.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2016, 08:20 PM
(17-08-2016 07:16 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 06:08 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Here is an interesting article about Donald Trump's medical report in which the "doctor" calls Donald Trump's “extraordinarily excellent.” “His physical strength and stamina are extraordinary.” and later in the medical report “If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest person ever elected to the presidency.”

(As a matter of fact if he weren't so busy he'd be down in Rio winning every olympic medal there is.)

Unfortunately, it's more a politician's mental health—or doubt about—rather than his/her physical state that worries me. Drumpf is obviously a narcissist with an overarching sense of self-entitlement, and with a born-to-rule mentality coupled with delusions of grandeur. A dangerous combo for the entire planet.

I'm still trying to come to terms with, and comprehend how it could be that the GOP seriously reckoned this buffoon was their best chance as POTUS. Were there no other suitable candidates that didn't have major personality disorders?

I think what happened is that Trump managed to pack his ass into the clown car that was the original set of (16?) contenders for POTUS on the GOP side. He isn't really even a Republican, based on prior politics. I think that says a bit about the process of selecting a candidate in this country. The fact that a lot of republicans are distancing themselves from this loon is telling, in that regard.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
17-08-2016, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2016 08:50 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
(17-08-2016 05:54 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 07:40 AM)Dom Wrote:  That's about how I look at it. Plus, IMO there is something seriously wrong with you in the first place if you want to be president.

That's one of the things I really don't get about Trump. He's rich enough to buy and sell politicians by the dozen. Why does he want to become one?

If I was a narcissistic asshole, why wouldn't I want to have the most powerful position in the world? Nothing else matters as long as you get to sit in that comfy chair in the oval office. Not to mention, you get to have a painting of yourself hung up everywhere. That's all Trump really wants. He doesn't ultimately care about "making America great", he just wants to be the most powerful person in the world. Imagine how giddy that would make him.
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
17-08-2016, 10:10 PM
(17-08-2016 07:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  ... Ten bear hugs if you can name him ...

Google not needed: Robert Stroud.

Not sure how Mr. Stroud = All of Us - his accomplishments are well beyond the hoi polloi, the dark as well as the enlightened.
17-08-2016, 11:43 PM
(17-08-2016 07:16 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 06:08 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Here is an interesting article about Donald Trump's medical report in which the "doctor" calls Donald Trump's “extraordinarily excellent.” “His physical strength and stamina are extraordinary.” and later in the medical report “If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest person ever elected to the presidency.”

(As a matter of fact if he weren't so busy he'd be down in Rio winning every olympic medal there is.)

Unfortunately, it's more a politician's mental health—or doubt about—rather than his/her physical state that worries me. Drumpf is obviously a narcissist with an overarching sense of self-entitlement, and with a born-to-rule mentality coupled with delusions of grandeur. A dangerous combo for the entire planet.

I'm still trying to come to terms with, and comprehend how it could be that the GOP seriously reckoned this buffoon was their best chance as POTUS. Were there no other suitable candidates that didn't have major personality disorders?

Very true. The "medical report" sounds like it was dictated by Trump though. I can hear his voice proclaiming himself to be "extraordinarily excellent".

I've had the horrible thought that yes, he will lose the election but become a cult hero to the ignorant, bigoted people he attracts and he'll be mouthing off for years to come. Oh, the horror of it all.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
18-08-2016, 03:24 AM
(17-08-2016 02:35 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 02:19 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Then you are ok with being verbally abusive to cops, especially when they stop you for something? Wow, that says much about you.

Since when does a tongue-lashing merit shooting?

I think policemen should take words for what they are -- unable to inflict bodily harm, and not demanding physical "defense". If they're hurt by words alone, to the point that they violate their oaths, then they should probably look into a career in data processing, or selling trailers.

In Britain we have a really dumb law which the cops use ad infinitum, anyone swearing can be arrested under section 5 of the public order act. I was warned once and replied saying " so rape murder and pillage are fine as long as no one says any naughty words " the cop was not amused, but then they rarely are. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
18-08-2016, 03:26 AM
(17-08-2016 11:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I've had the horrible thought that yes, he will lose the election but become a cult hero to the ignorant, bigoted people he attracts and he'll be mouthing off for years to come. Oh, the horror of it all.

Agreed. I fear that much damage has already been done.

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
18-08-2016, 05:48 AM
(17-08-2016 02:35 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 02:19 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Then you are ok with being verbally abusive to cops, especially when they stop you for something? Wow, that says much about you.

Since when does a tongue-lashing merit shooting?

I think policemen should take words for what they are -- unable to inflict bodily harm, and not demanding physical "defense". If they're hurt by words alone, to the point that they violate their oaths, then they should probably look into a career in data processing, or selling trailers.

It merits shooting when they don't just flap their mouth with "I will do whatever I want nigga.", along with reaching into their clothing (usually an area where someone would be carrying a weapon). That is when it is ok to shoot first.
18-08-2016, 06:06 AM
(18-08-2016 05:48 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 02:35 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Since when does a tongue-lashing merit shooting?

It merits shooting when they don't just flap their mouth with "I will do whatever I want nigga.", along with reaching into their clothing (usually an area where someone would be carrying a weapon). That is when it is ok to shoot first.

Under those circumstances covering the person with your firearm should be sufficient surely, no need to shoot unless a firearm has been at least tentatively identified, as the perp pulls a weapon surely any cop worth his salt should be able to get off at least one or two rounds on target mind you I'm no expert though, any cops, ex cops want to educate us then please chime in.
18-08-2016, 12:47 PM
(17-08-2016 07:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 09:14 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Who is "us all"?

This guy is “us all”. Ten bear hugs if you can name him.

[Image: RobertStroud.jpg]

Birdguy594.

#sigh