Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-08-2016, 04:11 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(17-08-2016 06:08 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 05:51 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  I prefer Trump when he's talking. It lets everybody know exactly what he is. That and it drives his poll numbers down even more.

Here is an interesting article about Donald Trump's medical report in which the "doctor" calls Donald Trump's “extraordinarily excellent.” “His physical strength and stamina are extraordinary.” and later in the medical report “If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest person ever elected to the presidency.” Dodgy

(As a matter of fact if he weren't so busy he'd be down in Rio winning every olympic medal there is.)

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-hea...tor-490836

Signed Dr. John Barron MD

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
18-08-2016, 04:21 PM
(18-08-2016 04:11 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 06:08 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Here is an interesting article about Donald Trump's medical report in which the "doctor" calls Donald Trump's “extraordinarily excellent.” “His physical strength and stamina are extraordinary.” and later in the medical report “If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest person ever elected to the presidency.” Dodgy

(As a matter of fact if he weren't so busy he'd be down in Rio winning every olympic medal there is.)

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-hea...tor-490836

Signed Dr. John Barron MD

Positive results, negative results, now you're just arguing semantics. Big Grin

#sigh
18-08-2016, 07:00 PM
Oh shit... EDIT... I just noticed that this Newsweek stuff has already been commented on by a couple of people. Apologies for doubling up. My bad.

I refuse to believe that Drumpf's blood pressure is 110/65. I also note that (or I couldn't find) the Donald's actual medical report as it came back from any pathology.

Drumpf's claimed BP is that of a 30-year-old Olympic athlete. His doctor is lying. Too easy.

[Image: donaldtrumpdoctorletter.png]

Newsweek suggests (probably quite correctly) that this letter is bogus, for numerous reasons:

"It purports to be a medical letter, but it is one of the most ridiculous documents ever to emerge in any political campaign. First, the letterhead is in the same font as the letter, which appears to have been created using Microsoft Word. The signature from the doctor is several inches past the signature line—the result you might get if the document had been signed as a blank and filled in later. The letterhead includes a Gmail address—something doctors tell me is extremely unusual, since doctors do not want patients contacting them directly by email as a substitute for scheduling an appointment".

"The letter also has problems with sentence structure and major typographical errors, such as the opening line, "To Whom My Concern." Most amusing, it says that his medical examination of Trump has "only positive results". In medical terms, if the test is positive, it confirms the existence of disease. Is this doctor saying Trump has every medical ailment that could be found in examination? Does he not know the meaning of the word? Or... was the letter written by someone in the Trump campaign?"

"Then, there is the doctor who allegedly signed this document. His name is Harold N. Bornstein, and he is a gastroenterologist... The letter signed by Dr. Bornstein says that he has treated Trump since 1980. However, it mentions no history of the gastrointestinal problem that led the Republican candidate for president to seek out his help. In fact, the letter says Trump has had no significant medical problems. So why has he been seeing a gastroenterologist for over 35 years?"

Newsweek also says, "Type Trump and Alzheimer’s into Google and lots of articles and online comments pop up pointing out behaviors of Trump’s that are consistent with Alzheimer’s: meandering speech, poor self-control, not properly responding to questions that are asked, erratic behavior".

—I tend to agree with Newsweek on these points.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
19-08-2016, 04:19 AM
Hi,

Haven't seen anything from Trump on the Olympics.

Maybe he doesn't like America winning? Huh

D.
19-08-2016, 07:12 PM
(18-08-2016 07:00 PM)SYZ Wrote:  "In fact, the letter says Trump has had no significant medical problems. So why has he been seeing a gastroenterologist for over 35 years?"

He isn't a gastroenterologist just because he's treating a raging asshole.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
19-08-2016, 09:12 PM
Wink RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(18-08-2016 03:26 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 11:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I've had the horrible thought that yes, he will lose the election but become a cult hero to the ignorant, bigoted people he attracts and he'll be mouthing off for years to come. Oh, the horror of it all.

Agreed. I fear that much damage has already been done.

D.
As I said elsewhere, American politics is never going to be the same again.

But, like all political systems, it needs a kick in the arse every now and again.

Be wary if Trump grows a little "toothbrush" moustache.
Smile

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
19-08-2016, 09:14 PM
(19-08-2016 07:12 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 07:00 PM)SYZ Wrote:  "In fact, the letter says Trump has had no significant medical problems. So why has he been seeing a gastroenterologist for over 35 years?"

He isn't a gastroenterologist just because he's treating a raging asshole.

Perhaps he is a closet gay who loves having his asshole poked?

19-08-2016, 09:20 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2016 09:28 PM by Gloucester.)
Hmm, a BP of 110/65?

Mine is about that, on a good day - but that is becsuse my heart is suffering the effects of a heart attack.

For a man of his age and evident physical appearance that report is just too good to be true. But, since it seems he does not drink, smoke or use drugs he may be a bit healthier than many in some waya (barring mentally).

19-08-2016, 09:53 PM
(17-08-2016 07:52 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 07:40 AM)Dom Wrote:  I was republican for most of my life. I am most certainly not republican these days. That party has totally lost it's way.

I always hear this, but how exactly did the party "lose" its way?

Here's what Republicans used to be:

'Nuff said.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
19-08-2016, 10:00 PM
(17-08-2016 07:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 09:14 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Who is "us all"?

This guy is “us all”. Ten bear hugs if you can name him.

[Image: RobertStroud.jpg]

The Birdguy of Alcatraz.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user