Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
19-08-2016, 10:04 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(19-08-2016 09:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 07:52 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I always hear this, but how exactly did the party "lose" its way?

Here's what Republicans used to be:

'Nuff said.

Calm, eloquent, well thought out experienced response...how novel.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2016, 11:59 PM
(19-08-2016 09:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 07:52 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I always hear this, but how exactly did the party "lose" its way?

Here's what Republicans used to be:

'Nuff said.
I know that he wasn't a particularly good president, but I wish someone that well-spoken and classy was running for president today.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
20-08-2016, 12:46 AM
(18-08-2016 05:48 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 02:35 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Since when does a tongue-lashing merit shooting?

I think policemen should take words for what they are -- unable to inflict bodily harm, and not demanding physical "defense". If they're hurt by words alone, to the point that they violate their oaths, then they should probably look into a career in data processing, or selling trailers.

It merits shooting when they don't just flap their mouth with "I will do whatever I want nigga.", along with reaching into their clothing (usually an area where someone would be carrying a weapon). That is when it is ok to shoot first.

Ah, adding luggage, I see.

Here's the post to which I replied:

(17-08-2016 02:19 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Then you are ok with being verbally abusive to cops, especially when they stop you for something? Wow, that says much about you.

No mention of threatening motions or possible weapons use. That's called "moving the goalposts." It's almost certainly a signpost for an argument based on emotion.

Interesting that you felt the need to add a racial component, too. Revealing, one might say ... if your feelings weren't already apparent.

I'm okay with people being verbally abusive to cops, even if it isn't something I agree with myself. If their tender widdle feelings can't take it, why in the world should they be deemed competent to carry a gun?
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
20-08-2016, 01:28 AM
(19-08-2016 09:20 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  [...] For a man of his age and evident physical appearance that report is just too good to be true. But, since it seems he does not drink, smoke or use drugs he may be a bit healthier than many in some way (barring mentally).

Late last year, Drumpf detailed his eating habits and said on an episode of Bloomberg’s With All Due Respect that he paid no heed to reports about the healthiness of different foods.

"I love steak and hamburger and pasta and French fries, all of the things that we shouldn’t be eating," he said in a response to question about his favourite foods. Asked if there were foods he could not resist, Trump responded, "Yeah, bacon, eggs, steak. You hear a report that comes out, and it says you can’t eat it and then you can, so I eat what I like".

[Image: donald-trump-eating_ice_cream.jpg]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
20-08-2016, 01:37 AM
Well, seems like The Trump is hiring more of his kind.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...-hire.html

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
20-08-2016, 01:57 AM
(19-08-2016 11:59 PM)Vosur Wrote:  ... I wish someone that well-spoken and classy was running for president today ...

She is.
[+] 3 users Like Airportkid's post
20-08-2016, 03:18 AM
(20-08-2016 01:57 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 11:59 PM)Vosur Wrote:  ... I wish someone that well-spoken and classy was running for president today ...

She is.

Good one. Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
20-08-2016, 05:28 AM
(17-08-2016 06:08 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 05:51 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  I prefer Trump when he's talking. It lets everybody know exactly what he is. That and it drives his poll numbers down even more.

Here is an interesting article about Donald Trump's medical report in which the "doctor" calls Donald Trump's “extraordinarily excellent.” “His physical strength and stamina are extraordinary.” and later in the medical report “If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest person ever elected to the presidency.” :dodgy:

(As a matter of fact if he weren't so busy he'd be down in Rio winning every olympic medal there is.)

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-hea...tor-490836

There is not a flight of stairs that the Dear Leader can resist sprinting up.

Does Trump love hanging out with Dennis Rodman?

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
21-08-2016, 09:05 AM
I am truly saddened and disgusted by some of my compatriots. A person can read all the things people say at a Trump rally but it isn’t until you see the videos that you get a sense of the true depth of the hatred and bigotry.

Sexton, a reporter, tweets from a Trump rally in this hyperlink, but it is the video that comes after it that made my skin crawl. You’ve been warned.

https://goodmenproject.com/featured-cont...es-sexton/

I can only hope that this is a minority of the population, but I fear that there are more than I care to admit. Weeping

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
21-08-2016, 11:08 AM
Shucks, video won't work on my tablet.

But the tweets are more than [Image: sick.gif] worthy.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.