Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-08-2016, 09:51 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
Oh, Birdbrain's at it again, I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2016, 10:15 AM
(22-08-2016 08:38 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 07:34 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I have issues with hatred and bigotry no matter where it comes from or who promotes it. It just so happens that Trump rallies seem to draw the haters and the bigots like flies to rotten meat.

If you have evidence of your accusations then post it here or on a new thread. The fact remains that the video I linked is proof positive of the seeds of hatred and intolerance that Trump is sowing.

You have to look no further than your incendiary tone to see how his followers react when the light is shone on their words and actions. In other words, your rebuttal proves my point.

You may very well be correct about that. I remember back when I was in school. I learned how Hitler originally gained power. He gained power because of the same shit that is happening now. Except it was the Jews that had minority status. They were given special treatment when it came to jobs. It was hard for people to get jobs. People started to dislike the government and the jewish people, so they started to follow the crazy one. What we have today is not equality when one group of people get extra points added to employment tests just because of skin color. If Trump ends up being another Hitler, it is quite clearly the fault of the liberals.

133 pages in and GODWIN’S LAW is invoked, cool.

I think morondog (APBUH) hit the nail on the head when he said that Trump and his supporters are looking for a scapegoat to place their misguided fears and feelings of insecurity unto.

Drinking Beverage

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
22-08-2016, 10:18 AM
(22-08-2016 09:09 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Has nothing to do with sin color.

Girly Angel what color would that be? Scarlet red perhaps?

Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
22-08-2016, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2016 11:11 AM by Gloucester.)
(22-08-2016 10:15 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 08:38 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  You may very well be correct about that. I remember back when I was in school. I learned how Hitler originally gained power. He gained power because of the same shit that is happening now. Except it was the Jews that had minority status. They were given special treatment when it came to jobs. It was hard for people to get jobs. People started to dislike the government and the jewish people, so they started to follow the crazy one. What we have today is not equality when one group of people get extra points added to employment tests just because of skin color. If Trump ends up being another Hitler, it is quite clearly the fault of the liberals.

133 pages in and GODWIN’S LAW is invoked, cool.

I think morondog (APBUH) hit the nail on the head when he said that Trump and his supporters are looking for a scapegoat to place their misguided fears and feelings of insecurity unto.

Drinking Beverage
Scapegoats or not, is it not justifiable to compare Trump's oratororial techniques with Hitler's? If it if surely Godwin's Law is inapplicable, it counts where only redundant or rhetorical references are made to Hitler, where H. could have remained unmentioned with no adverse effect on the conclusion of the debate.

[Edit: not that these "debates" often come to anything close to what one might call a conclusion!]

In rabble rousing political strategies those of H. may well be an essential comparison. Even if that comparison proves false, if the effects of Trump's strategies tend to fade as the actual election date draws near and all the rough and noisy ones go back to bullying bears and mooses.

Reprising something I said about America having all those crazy people, and for which I will apologise because: I read in one paper today that a report said 119 ethnically orientated attacks were reported by the transport police alone in the two weeks after the Brexit vote. This was after some rabble rousing by our own orange politician, the then leader of the UK Independence Party, Nigel Farage.

The similarities: orangeness, rabble rousingness, rhetorical style etc. were only spoiled by the fact that Nigel loves a pint of beer and a fag - sorry, cigarette. Oh, and the fact that he is a total pauper compared to the Trumpillionaire.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
22-08-2016, 10:57 AM
The Hitler statements were in this thread months ago, back in June or May.

Back when also some particular poster was complaining that the folks born here[In America] especially the white ones aren't getting the advantages of others and hopefully Trump will end this ill will... and no irony about the notion of whites being born here being a specified proclamation of more superior clament to the advantages being the actual comment was made. The historically dominance comes and goes, I'm not sure what there is to allegedly stop such things.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
22-08-2016, 11:05 AM
(22-08-2016 10:39 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 10:15 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  133 pages in and GODWIN’S LAW is invoked, cool.

Drinking Beverage
Scapegoats or not, is it not justifiable to compare Trump's oratororial techniques with Hitler's. If it if surely Godwin's Law is inapplicable, it counts where only redundant or rhetorical references are made to Hitler, where H. could have remained unmentioned with no adverse effect on the conclusion of the debate.

In rabble rousing political strategies those of H. may well be an essential comparison. Even if that comparison proves false, if the effects of Trump's strategies tend to fade as the actual election date draws near and all the rough and noisy ones go back to bullying bears and mooses.

Reprising something I said about America having all those crazy people, and for which I will apologise because: I read in one paper today that a report said 119 ethnically orientated attacks were reported by the transport police alone in the two weeks after the Brexit vote. This was after some rabble rousing by our own orange politician, the then leader of the UK Independence Party, Nigel Farage.

The similarities: orangeness, rabble rousingness, rhetorical style etc. were only spoiled by the fact that Nigel loves a pint of beer and a fag - sorry, cigarette.

Nigel can enjoy fags if he wants. Who are we to judge? He just shouldn't smoke 'em in pub(l)ic. Tongue
22-08-2016, 11:19 AM
(22-08-2016 10:39 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Scapegoats or not, is it not justifiable to compare Trump’s oratororial techniques with Hitler's?
You can if you like but that wasn’t the point Birdie was making (assuming I understood his point if he truly had one).

(22-08-2016 10:39 AM)‘Gloucester Wrote:  If it if surely Godwin’s Law is inapplicable, it counts where only redundant or rhetorical references are made to Hitler, where H. could have remained unmentioned with no adverse effect on the conclusion of the debate.

As I understand it Godwin’t Law simply states:
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazism or Hitler approaches 1"

The fact that Birdie invoked Hitler meets the criteria.

(22-08-2016 10:39 AM)‘Gloucester Wrote:  In rabble rousing political strategies those of H. may well be an essential comparison. Even if that comparison proves false, if the effects of Trump's strategies tend to fade as the actual election date draws near and all the rough and noisy ones go back to bullying bears and mooses.

The similarities: orangeness, rabble rousingness, rhetorical style etc. were only spoiled by the fact that Nigel loves a pint of beer and a fag - sorry, cigarette. Oh, and the fact that he is a total pauper compared to the Trumpillionaire.

I’m sad to say that we “Murikans don’t have the Crazy market cornered.
I’ve always maintained that stupidity favors no race, nationality or gender.

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
22-08-2016, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2016 11:50 AM by adey67.)
(22-08-2016 10:39 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 10:15 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  133 pages in and GODWIN’S LAW is invoked, cool.

Drinking Beverage
Scapegoats or not, is it not justifiable to compare Trump's oratororial techniques with Hitler's? If it if surely Godwin's Law is inapplicable, it counts where only redundant or rhetorical references are made to Hitler, where H. could have remained unmentioned with no adverse effect on the conclusion of the debate.

[Edit: not that these "debates" often come to anything close to what one might call a conclusion!]

Bollocks not even close to Trump, go to the back of the class and write out five hundred times I will not be a dunce. Where is your evidence that UKIP was responsible for the attacks ?Links please And before you say anything I voted remain Big Grin but comparing Farage to Trump is fake Trump is a whole lot worse his comments are truly racist sexist and he has the potential to be in charge of nuclear codes for the worlds last superpower no comparison I hope you were just kidding lol. He's also a narcissist and slightly mad Farrage is just eccentric.
22-08-2016, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2016 11:48 AM by Gloucester.)
(22-08-2016 11:19 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 10:39 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Scapegoats or not, is it not justifiable to compare Trump’s oratororial techniques with Hitler's?
You can if you like but that wasn’t the point Birdie was making (assuming I understood his point if he truly had one).

(22-08-2016 10:39 AM)‘Gloucester Wrote:  If it if surely Godwin’s Law is inapplicable, it counts where only redundant or rhetorical references are made to Hitler, where H. could have remained unmentioned with no adverse effect on the conclusion of the debate.

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazism or Hitler approaches 1"

(22-08-2016 10:39 AM)‘Gloucester Wrote:  In rabble rousing political strategies those of H. may well be an essential comparison. Even if that comparison proves false, if the effects of Trump's strategies tend to fade as the actual election date draws near and all the rough and noisy ones go back to bullying bears and mooses.

Point taken re the naked definition of Godwin's law, but then it would also apply to even the most academic of debates on the comparison between the styles/vslues of Hitler and any other politician. That would be an unjustified application of something that has the symptoms of sarcasm to a genuine debate.

IMO the mention of Hitler is justified here and does not deserve the application of sarcastic criticism.

However, the application of Godwin's Law is all often justified in atheist v theist forum debates. Done it meself!

And regarding the crazies: yeah, the skinheads of the British Nationalist Party came pretty close to the scenes on that video, but not quite.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
22-08-2016, 11:58 AM
(22-08-2016 11:44 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 11:19 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  You can if you like but that wasn’t the point Birdie was making (assuming I understood his point if he truly had one).

Point taken re the naked definition of Godwin's law, but then it would also apply to even the most academic of debates on the comparison between the styles/vslues of Hitler and any other politician. That would be an unjustified application of something that has the symptoms of sarcasm to a genuine debate.

IMO the mention of Hitler is justified here and does not deserve the application of sarcastic criticism.

However, the application of Godwin's Law is all often justified in atheist v theist forum debates. Done it meself!

And regarding the crazies: yeah, the skinheads of the British Nationalist Party came pretty close to the scenes on that video, but not quite.

Jesus they are worse than BNP skinheads?? Shocking That is truly awful.