Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-08-2016, 12:29 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(22-08-2016 11:56 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  I am guessing that most of those immigrants to Saudi Arabia are probsbly temp workers. Saudis do not like doing dirty or manual work and can afford to "import" workers. Bahrein similar, been there,

There's that, and there's also their proximity and cultural similarity to a large swathe of territory ruptured by war.

There's also the fact that Saudi, with it's relatively small native population, will show even a small influx as a larger percentage than a country like the US.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2016, 12:43 AM
(22-08-2016 09:26 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  "Over the next four months, the Trump and Clinton campaigns will spend millions of dollars and mobilize thousands of volunteers to influence voters in battleground states. But the contours of this intense political arena has been defined by demographic and legal forces over 100 years in the making.

Almost all of the changes in who votes in presidential elections – more women, Blacks, and college graduates vote now than ever before – favor Hillary Clinton. The one major countervailing force is the increasing share of older voters, which favors Trump.

Still, the world of the 1960s and 1970s, where White men were dramatically more likely to vote, is gone. As a result, we are substantially less likely to see a Trump presidency. As long as people turn out to vote, that is.”

Full Circle,

Its great to see those demographics improving over time. It is also good to see Hillary holding voters that Obama won to the cause. Looks like she is attracting most of the Bernie Sanders vote, but not all of them.

Hillary is whittling away at Trump's economic argument, particularly on TPP. If she can get a positive message over on jobs in the USA, then there is national security to go. This will leave Trump with his core voter and core message.

We all know who and what that is.

D.
23-08-2016, 01:30 AM
Stolen from the Happy Atheist Forum

So, there was Tony Perkins' house getting damaged, but the disastrous weather did bring something good his way. Jesus looks after his own, or something.

"BUSTED: Trump’s $100K 'Donation' Went To Anti-Gay Hate Group, NOT Flood Victims" | Occupy Democrats

Quote:Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has been working overtime to turn the devastating floods currently engulfing the state of Louisiana into an image rehabilitation opportunity, visiting the state against the wishes of Governor John Bel Edwards for photo-ops of him handing out supplies that he didn’t donate and making a sizable donation to relief funds after the state’s residents loudly called for him to do so.

Except it turns out that Trump did not donate $100,000 to an aid relief organization; instead he gave it to a church headed by Pastor Tony Perkins, the leader of a hate group of virulent anti-choice and anti-gay religious extremists known as the Family Research Council.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
23-08-2016, 06:01 AM
(23-08-2016 01:30 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Stolen from the Happy Atheist Forum

So, there was Tony Perkins' house getting damaged, but the disastrous weather did bring something good his way. Jesus looks after his own, or something.

"BUSTED: Trump’s $100K 'Donation' Went To Anti-Gay Hate Group, NOT Flood Victims" | Occupy Democrats

Quote:Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has been working overtime to turn the devastating floods currently engulfing the state of Louisiana into an image rehabilitation opportunity, visiting the state against the wishes of Governor John Bel Edwards for photo-ops of him handing out supplies that he didn’t donate and making a sizable donation to relief funds after the state’s residents loudly called for him to do so.

Except it turns out that Trump did not donate $100,000 to an aid relief organization; instead he gave it to a church headed by Pastor Tony Perkins, the leader of a hate group of virulent anti-choice and anti-gay religious extremists known as the Family Research Council.

Firstly, I have no way of knowing if this is accurate. There is a lot of shit slinging going on in the election. Secondly, I am pretty sure I see a financial opportunity. Much like the Kennedy's are only rich today because one of their family members way back when broke the law by being a drug runner. Maybe the new black market will be abortions at sea. If it is alright for a Kennedy to break the law and get involved in politics, what would be the problem if someone else does the same?
23-08-2016, 06:07 AM
(23-08-2016 06:01 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  

Firstly, I have no way of knowing if this is accurate. There is a lot of shit slinging going on in the election. Secondly, I am pretty sure I see a financial opportunity. Much like the Kennedy's are only rich today because one of their family members way back when broke the law by being a drug runner. Maybe the new black market will be abortions at sea. If it is alright for a Kennedy to break the law and get involved in politics, what would be the problem if someone else does the same?

What the fuck are you smoking now?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-08-2016, 06:20 AM
(23-08-2016 06:01 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  

OK, lots of rich families, in and out of politics, hzve a criminal or near criminal skellie (archaeological term) in the closet or cupboard. But if that skellie is still holding the presidential candidate, more or less, upright (if tbat term can be used here) in the Internet age . . . It is going to be spread wide and thick.

Quick Google on "Trump charity scandal" is enlightening . . . or depressing.

23-08-2016, 06:36 AM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2016 06:43 AM by Birdguy1979.)
(23-08-2016 06:07 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 06:01 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Firstly, I have no way of knowing if this is accurate. There is a lot of shit slinging going on in the election. Secondly, I am pretty sure I see a financial opportunity. Much like the Kennedy's are only rich today because one of their family members way back when broke the law by being a drug runner. Maybe the new black market will be abortions at sea. If it is alright for a Kennedy to break the law and get involved in politics, what would be the problem if someone else does the same?

What the fuck are you smoking now?

My point is that the rich political leaders would not be rich today if not for breaking the law or at least bending it to nearly the breaking point at least once. The only way the middle class can become rich is to either come up with an idea that sells or to break the law. More than likely having to break the law if there is anyone that already has a similar idea already off the ground. As that person or group will try to change laws if they can to keep you from being successful.
23-08-2016, 06:43 AM
(23-08-2016 06:36 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 06:07 AM)morondog Wrote:  What the fuck are you smoking now?

My point is that the rich political leaders would not be rich today if not for breaking the law or at least bending it to nearly the breaking point at least once. The only way the middle class can become rich is to either come up with an idea that sells or to break the law. More than likely having to break the law if there is anyone that already have a similar idea. As that person or group will try to change laws if they can to keep you from being successful.

Plutocrats against the wall come the revolution!

But, shit, it's the plutocrats that almost always get into power.

23-08-2016, 07:09 AM

Here's Snopes' evaluation of that story: http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-donated-100k-la/

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
23-08-2016, 08:02 AM
(23-08-2016 07:09 AM)Vosur Wrote:  

Here's Snopes' evaluation of that story: http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-donated-100k-la/

See that. The crats sling shit everywhere in hopes something will stick.