Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
28-04-2016, 06:29 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(28-04-2016 06:03 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  15% of our crime is from illegals.

No, it isn't. Read the article linked in my other post. The fifteen-percent figure that you keep bringing up is flatly wrong.

And the fact that you haven't even taken the time to read Trump's official platform statements is rather worrying, considering how obsessed you seem with him.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
28-04-2016, 06:37 PM
(28-04-2016 06:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  The more languages the better.

How is that? It just makes things confusing.
28-04-2016, 06:40 PM
(28-04-2016 06:29 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 06:03 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  15% of our crime is from illegals.

No, it isn't. Read the article linked in my other post. The fifteen-percent figure that you keep bringing up is flatly wrong.

And the fact that you haven't even taken the time to read Trump's official platform statements is rather worrying, considering how obsessed you seem with him.

The article you posted didn't make illegals look any better.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
28-04-2016, 06:51 PM
(28-04-2016 06:40 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The article you posted didn't make illegals look any better.

Please do not insult everyone's intelligence by attempting to dodge the issue. The fifteen-percent figure that you are so fond of provably wrong.

As for what the article has to say on the topic of immigrant crime rates:

Quote:Supporters of the Trump theory have been pointing to data from the U.S. Sentencing Commission that found undocumented immigrants account for disturbingly high levels of violent crime. While they represent just 3.5% of the U.S. population, undocumented immigrants represented 7% of federal prison sentences following convictions on charges of sexual abuse, 9% of murders, 12% of assaults and 30% of kidnappings in 2013.

Case closed, right? Far from it.

Only a tiny percentage of the nation’s violent crimes are handled by the federal court system. Yes, undocumented immigrants accounted for 9.2% of federal murder convictions in 2013, but that represents a grand total of eight murder cases. When you consider that the FBI estimates there were 14,196 murders in the U.S. in 2013, those few cases handled by the federal court system don’t quite register as a reliable sample set.

The same goes for the other violent crimes cited in those statistics.
Add the fact that undocumented immigrants are far more likely to be caught up in the federal court system because of non-violent immigration violations, and the numbers shouldn't mean much...

On the other side, many immigration advocates have been pointing to a report also released last week by the American Immigration Council. That study used different kinds of data that led to the same conclusion, that undocumented immigrants commit violent crimes at a far lower rate than native-born Americans...

Finally, the authors tried to isolate undocumented immigrants through a variety of narrow studies conducted in recent decades. In each case, they found evidence to show that undocumented immigrants were less likely to commit violent crimes than their native-born neighbors.

Bolding mine.

The source again, for those who missed it.

For someone who seems incredibly invested in the politics of the upcoming election, you don't seem to have done much research on it.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
28-04-2016, 07:13 PM
(28-04-2016 06:51 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 06:40 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The article you posted didn't make illegals look any better.

Please do not insult everyone's intelligence by attempting to dodge the issue. The fifteen-percent figure that you are so fond of provably wrong.

As for what the article has to say on the topic of immigrant crime rates:

Quote:Supporters of the Trump theory have been pointing to data from the U.S. Sentencing Commission that found undocumented immigrants account for disturbingly high levels of violent crime. While they represent just 3.5% of the U.S. population, undocumented immigrants represented 7% of federal prison sentences following convictions on charges of sexual abuse, 9% of murders, 12% of assaults and 30% of kidnappings in 2013.

Case closed, right? Far from it.

Only a tiny percentage of the nation’s violent crimes are handled by the federal court system. Yes, undocumented immigrants accounted for 9.2% of federal murder convictions in 2013, but that represents a grand total of eight murder cases. When you consider that the FBI estimates there were 14,196 murders in the U.S. in 2013, those few cases handled by the federal court system don’t quite register as a reliable sample set.

The same goes for the other violent crimes cited in those statistics.
Add the fact that undocumented immigrants are far more likely to be caught up in the federal court system because of non-violent immigration violations, and the numbers shouldn't mean much...

On the other side, many immigration advocates have been pointing to a report also released last week by the American Immigration Council. That study used different kinds of data that led to the same conclusion, that undocumented immigrants commit violent crimes at a far lower rate than native-born Americans...

Finally, the authors tried to isolate undocumented immigrants through a variety of narrow studies conducted in recent decades. In each case, they found evidence to show that undocumented immigrants were less likely to commit violent crimes than their native-born neighbors.

Bolding mine.

The source again, for those who missed it.

For someone who seems incredibly invested in the politics of the upcoming election, you don't seem to have done much research on it.

We can argue all day about the actual number. It's irrelevant. I don't care if only 5% of crimes are committed by illegals. If we could lower the crime rate 5% by deporting all of them its worth it. If 3,000 people were killed in Texas by illegals from 2008-2014, that's 3,000 lives saved. And thousands of sexual assaults prevented.

[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
28-04-2016, 08:35 PM
The list of people murdered by illegal aliens goes on and on.
http://www.ojjpac.org/memorial.asp
29-04-2016, 07:39 AM
(28-04-2016 06:37 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 06:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  The more languages the better.

How is that? It just makes things confusing.

Maybe it would be nice (less confusing) if everyone spoke the same language, but that's not reality. When you have a neighboring country where Spanish is the official language, and another neighboring country where French is one of the official languages, it might be to your advantage to know Spanish and/or French. In most other civilized countries, it's quite common to be bilingual -- I would be surprised if the majority of educated Europeans are not bilingual.

On the other hand, I think if you want to live in a country (like the U.S) where English is the official language, you would be foolish not to learn English. If I wanted to move to Mexico, I would consider it obligatory that I learn Spanish. But there's nothing wrong with knowing more than one language, and having more than one official language is not fatal to a country.

Anyone on the forum from Switzerland or Quebec is welcome to chime in.

Big Grin
29-04-2016, 12:09 PM
There is so much facepalm in this thread.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
29-04-2016, 01:22 PM
(29-04-2016 12:09 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  There is so much facepalm in this thread.

I agree.
30-04-2016, 12:01 PM
There are too many stupid people that vote. Or lazy so they vote for the party that gives them free stuff.

Any citizen that takes money from the government in the form of welfare, food stamps, housing assistance, free medical or health care subsidies should not be allowed to vote during the year they received a government payment. This will prevent moochers from voting in people that give away more and more handouts. This goes for corporate welfare as well. No bailouts, unless they pay it back with interest.

The Democrats would lose 60% of their voters.