Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-08-2016, 12:45 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(23-08-2016 12:17 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 11:59 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  So for a little bit of false security, you are going to vote Clinton in. Not because she won't start a war with her actions, but she won't start one in the next few years. Instead your grandchildren will have to either fight a war or live under sharia law. How very nice of you.

You should realize that this is an international forum -- i.e., not all the posters are US residents. Adey67 in particular is British, so most of your criticism doesn't apply to him. He is not voting for anyone in this election, and in the extremely unlikely event that the US is ever subject to sharia law, that won't affect his children unless they choose to move here.

Why do non-US residents care about our election? Because US foreign policy affects the whole world. A belligerent power-hungry narcissist in the White House is a significant danger to everyone, not just US residents. And most people are not Islamophobes like you. Trump is a far greater danger than Islam.
Thank you grasshopper tbh I am still 45mins down the line horrified that birdguy still has not before now recognized that I am a foreign citizen, I mean I did make it pretty obvious I was a stinking Brit right from the start Tongue . Its this kind of behavior that gives us outsiders the impression that all U.S. citizens are sad hicks thankfully I know that's far from the truth and I have much love and admiration for the USA and its people.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
23-08-2016, 12:54 PM
(23-08-2016 12:17 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 11:59 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  So for a little bit of false security, you are going to vote Clinton in. Not because she won't start a war with her actions, but she won't start one in the next few years. Instead your grandchildren will have to either fight a war or live under sharia law. How very nice of you.

You should realize that this is an international forum -- i.e., not all the posters are US residents. Adey67 in particular is British, so most of your criticism doesn't apply to him. He is not voting for anyone in this election, and in the extremely unlikely event that the US is ever subject to sharia law, that won't affect his children unless they choose to move here.

Why do non-US residents care about our election? Because US foreign policy affects the whole world. A belligerent power-hungry narcissist in the White House is a significant danger to everyone, not just US residents. And most people are not Islamophobes like you. Trump is a far greater danger than Islam.

You mean the power hungry types like Obama that made it a law that you must have healthcare, even if you can't afford it. If you don't buy it, you get fined and get nothing in return. I have seen what having someone like that in office has done. I don't want another Obama.
23-08-2016, 01:02 PM
Jesus on a stick I cannot believe what I'm reading here you realised you fucked up so you try to shift the argument to internal healthcare in the USA like we wont realise you changed the subject because quite frankly you fucked.up, and you expect the international community on here to buy that ? Dude if I was American right now I would be horribly embarrassed.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
23-08-2016, 01:03 PM
(23-08-2016 12:54 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 12:17 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  You should realize that this is an international forum -- i.e., not all the posters are US residents. Adey67 in particular is British, so most of your criticism doesn't apply to him. He is not voting for anyone in this election, and in the extremely unlikely event that the US is ever subject to sharia law, that won't affect his children unless they choose to move here.

You mean the power hungry types like Obama that made it a law that you must have healthcare, even if you can't afford it. If you don't buy it, you get fined and get nothing in return. I have seen what having someone like that in office has done. I don't want another Obama.

Obama didn't start World War III, and neither will Clinton. Trump might.
23-08-2016, 01:04 PM
(23-08-2016 12:54 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 12:17 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  You should realize that this is an international forum -- i.e., not all the posters are US residents. Adey67 in particular is British, so most of your criticism doesn't apply to him. He is not voting for anyone in this election, and in the extremely unlikely event that the US is ever subject to sharia law, that won't affect his children unless they choose to move here.

I really still don't get how people rationally attribute this to him, like it was his idea, his reasoning in pushing it like it wouldn't of been the same with any person when the time of reform was upon them.

It was made up and pushed by members of the house in the 90s. It's not sane how the simplified versions of attributing something to someone grow into some reflection of the persons inner desire. I suppose figureheads really work out there.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
23-08-2016, 01:30 PM
I think what Birdguy wants us technically known as a Pyrrhic victory:
Quote:A Pyrrhic victory is a victory that inflicts such a devastating toll on the victor that it is tantamount to defeat. Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has been victorious in some way. However, the heavy toll negates any sense of achievement or profit.

Because that would be the ultimate result of the fears expressed here that he would dismiss as weakness.

In the ultimate this case there could well be no winner, except for the cockroaches, rodents, vultures . . . OK, a few starving, irradiated humans destined to suffer a long and painful death. Forget the post-Apocalypse movies, they are idealistic fiction.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
23-08-2016, 01:31 PM
(23-08-2016 01:04 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 12:54 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  You mean the power hungry types like Obama that made it a law that you must have healthcare, even if you can't afford it. If you don't buy it, you get fined and get nothing in return. I have seen what having someone like that in office has done. I don't want another Obama.

I really still don't get how people rationally attribute this to him, like it was his idea, his reasoning in pushing it like it wouldn't of been the same with any person when the time of reform was upon them.

It was made up and pushed by members of the house in the 90s. It's not sane how the simplified versions of attributing something to someone grow into some reflection of the persons inner desire. I suppose figureheads really work out there.

Yes, pretty much the same idea was proposed by Mitt Romney, one of Obama's Republican opponents. The implementation of it isn't perfect, but the basic idea is one whose time has come. It's definitely not some Obama Frankenstein monster.
23-08-2016, 01:33 PM
(23-08-2016 01:31 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 01:04 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I really still don't get how people rationally attribute this to him, like it was his idea, his reasoning in pushing it like it wouldn't of been the same with any person when the time of reform was upon them.

Yes, pretty much the same idea was proposed by Mitt Romney, one of Obama's Republican opponents. The implementation of it isn't perfect, but the basic idea is one whose time has come. It's definitely not some Obama Frankenstein monster.

What we needed was universal healthcare for all. What we got was a shit sandwich and you know it.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
23-08-2016, 01:41 PM
(23-08-2016 01:33 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 01:31 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Yes, pretty much the same idea was proposed by Mitt Romney, one of Obama's Republican opponents. The implementation of it isn't perfect, but the basic idea is one whose time has come. It's definitely not some Obama Frankenstein monster.

What we needed was universal healthcare for all. What we got was a shit sandwich and you know it.

Sorry you don't like it, but in any case, it doesn't have much to do with the upcoming election. Trump is a nut case who doesn't belong in the White House. Let's try to stay on topic.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
23-08-2016, 05:36 PM
(23-08-2016 12:08 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Birdguy, I like to think thst I try to be fair in my view of the ideas of others, even when I don't agree with them. Even if I violently disagree with them. If they are built on something solid, that is OK.

But I fear that I am begining to wonder where some of yours come from. They seem to be of similar stuff to the shouts in Trump's meetings.

My apologies if this vomes over as an ad hominem.

Took you a minute there to catch the whiff of a bigot man who wants to make America great again.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post