Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-08-2016, 06:39 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(24-08-2016 06:29 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I might change to voting for Jill Stein if it looks like Trump has no chance. I really hate Hillary though, so I will vote however I need to so Clinton does not get in. While I disagree with some of the things Jill wants, I am closer to happy with her solutions to most things. Medicare for all, is something I can get behind. If you can't find private work, you can get a job doing something for the government. $15 minimum wage. I like that too. No deportations, that I disagree with. That being said, if we get rid of Obama care and bring in true medicare for everyone, not just the ones that choose to never work. I can vote for all that. I can't vote Clinton. She just wants more of the same shit that has been killing the nation.

Now these are views I can respect mate !
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2016, 07:44 AM
(24-08-2016 06:39 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 06:29 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I might change to voting for Jill Stein if it looks like Trump has no chance. I really hate Hillary though, so I will vote however I need to so Clinton does not get in. While I disagree with some of the things Jill wants, I am closer to happy with her solutions to most things. Medicare for all, is something I can get behind. If you can't find private work, you can get a job doing something for the government. $15 minimum wage. I like that too. No deportations, that I disagree with. That being said, if we get rid of Obama care and bring in true medicare for everyone, not just the ones that choose to never work. I can vote for all that. I can't vote Clinton. She just wants more of the same shit that has been killing the nation.

Now these are views I can respect mate !

I just don't think Jill has any possibility of winning. I don't agree with her on everything, but I agree with enough.
24-08-2016, 08:20 AM
(24-08-2016 06:29 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  ...medicare for everyone, not just the ones that choose to never work. I can vote for all that. I can't vote Clinton. She just wants more of the same shit that has been killing the nation.

Med·i·care.
[ˈmediˌker]
DEFINITION
1.a federal system of health insurance for people over 65 years of age and for certain younger people with disabilities.

Medicaid provides medical coverage to residents of the state who meet the eligibility requirements of the program for that particular state. This includes, mostly children, pregnant women, disabled adults and seniors.

Medicare and Medicaid are not the same thing.

Medicare is available to people as stated above. It's Social Security retirement benefits that are based on earning history.

How can you take a stand on things when you don't know what they are?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-08-2016, 08:23 AM
(24-08-2016 08:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 06:29 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  ...medicare for everyone, not just the ones that choose to never work. I can vote for all that. I can't vote Clinton. She just wants more of the same shit that has been killing the nation.

Med·i·care.
[ˈmediˌker]
DEFINITION
1.a federal system of health insurance for people over 65 years of age and for certain younger people with disabilities.

Medicaid provides medical coverage to residents of the state who meet the eligibility requirements of the program for that particular state. This includes, mostly children, pregnant women, disabled adults and seniors.

Medicare is available to people as stated above. It's Social Security retirement benefits that are based on earning history.

I know what they are. That was not my point. My whole point was that we need true universal healthcare paid for by all our tax dollars. Not just paid for by some that can't use it and given to people that have never paid toward it.
24-08-2016, 08:26 AM
(24-08-2016 08:23 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 08:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Med·i·care.
[ˈmediˌker]
DEFINITION

I know what they are. That was not my point. My whole point was that we need true universal healthcare paid for by all our tax dollars. Not just paid for by some that can't use it and given to people that have never paid toward it.

Universal health care would apply to everyone universally. (That means everyone would be covered.)

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-08-2016, 09:34 AM
(24-08-2016 08:26 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 08:23 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I know what they are. That was not my point. My whole point was that we need true universal healthcare paid for by all our tax dollars. Not just paid for by some that can't use it and given to people that have never paid toward it.

Universal health care would apply to everyone universally. (That means everyone would be covered.)

No shit. I don't mind that. I despise the current system.
24-08-2016, 09:44 AM
(24-08-2016 09:34 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 08:26 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Universal health care would apply to everyone universally. (That means everyone would be covered.)

No shit. I don't mind that. I despise the current system.

You contradict yourself. You don't want people who haven't paid in to have coverage but you also want universal coverage which means people who didn't pay in are covered.

Pick a side, any side.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-08-2016, 09:50 AM
(24-08-2016 09:44 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 09:34 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  No shit. I don't mind that. I despise the current system.

You contradict yourself. You don't want people who haven't paid in to have coverage but you also want universal coverage which means people who didn't pay in are covered.

Pick a side, any side.

I am on my side. I am against the current system where it is paid for by people that work, yet can't qualify for it. Yet it is given to people that refuse to find jobs. If it is given to all, including those that work I am in favor of it. If it only goes to the lazy and my wife and I get fined for not having something we can't afford, I am against it. With the current system in place, I would not be against a Purge. Give everyone including my wife and I healthcare and I would change my mind.
24-08-2016, 09:53 AM
Again, universal means coverage for all.

It's really that simple.

That's either what you want or it isn't.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-08-2016, 11:42 AM
S
(24-08-2016 09:53 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Again, universal means coverage for all.

It's really that simple.

That's either what you want or it isn't.

I think that is what he's actually advocating which is actually quite brave considering most Americans seem to think universal social healthcare is a huge no no.