Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-08-2016, 11:48 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(24-08-2016 11:42 AM)adey67 Wrote:  S
(24-08-2016 09:53 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Again, universal means coverage for all.

It's really that simple.

That's either what you want or it isn't.

I think that is what he's actually advocating which is actually quite brave considering most Americans seem to think universal social healthcare is a huge no no.

If you read what he is saying he wants health care for certain people...not for everyone. That's what I am trying to get across to him.

I agree that everyone should have access to decent healthcare that doesn't bankrupt them in the process.

He thinks 'universal' healthcare should cover certain people...therefore, it's not universal.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-08-2016, 11:54 AM
I am on my side. I am against the current system where it is paid for by people that work, yet can't qualify for it. Yet it is given to people that refuse to find jobs. If it is given to all, including those that work I am in favor of it.

Given to all including those who work im in favour of it sounds pretty inclusive to me
24-08-2016, 12:09 PM
(24-08-2016 11:48 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 11:42 AM)adey67 Wrote:  S
I think that is what he's actually advocating which is actually quite brave considering most Americans seem to think universal social healthcare is a huge no no.

If you read what he is saying he wants health care for certain people...not for everyone. That's what I am trying to get across to him.

I agree that everyone should have access to decent healthcare that doesn't bankrupt them in the process.

He thinks 'universal' healthcare should cover certain people...therefore, it's not universal.

You did not read carefully enough. I am in favor of healthcare for all or take it away from those that don't want to work. If I work and I don't get healthcare, those who don't work should not either. If they get it, we all should. So, yes I am in favor of universal healthcare.
24-08-2016, 12:18 PM
(24-08-2016 11:54 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I am on my side. I am against the current system where it is paid for by people that work, yet can't qualify for it. Yet it is given to people that refuse to find jobs. If it is given to all, including those that work I am in favor of it.

Given to all including those who work im in favour of it sounds pretty inclusive to me

Yes it's inclusive. But if you take his word at face value, you dignify a whole host of other nonsense. Like the notion that healthcare is only given to you, if you refuse to find jobs.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
24-08-2016, 12:23 PM
(24-08-2016 12:09 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 11:48 AM)Anjele Wrote:  If you read what he is saying he wants health care for certain people...not for everyone. That's what I am trying to get across to him.

You did not read carefully enough. I am in favor of healthcare for all or take it away from those that don't want to work. If I work and I don't get healthcare, those who don't work should not either. If they get it, we all should. So, yes I am in favor of universal healthcare.

I will agree that universal healthcare is the ideal. Your alternative is a bit dodgy, though. How are you going to distinguish between those who "don't want to work" and those who can't find work? Or those who have small children, and the only job they can get doesn't even pay enough to cover day care? I am extremely opposed to any system that lumps all these people together into the single category "doesn't want to work".
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
24-08-2016, 12:27 PM
(24-08-2016 12:23 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 12:09 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  You did not read carefully enough. I am in favor of healthcare for all or take it away from those that don't want to work. If I work and I don't get healthcare, those who don't work should not either. If they get it, we all should. So, yes I am in favor of universal healthcare.

I will agree that universal healthcare is the ideal. Your alternative is a bit dodgy, though. How are you going to distinguish between those who "don't want to work" and those who can't find work? Or those who have small children, and the only job they can get doesn't even pay enough to cover day care? I am extremely opposed to any system that lumps all these people together into the single category "doesn't want to work".

It is easy. Just pay close attention to what they buy with their foodstamps and the size of their house.
24-08-2016, 12:39 PM
(24-08-2016 12:09 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 11:48 AM)Anjele Wrote:  If you read what he is saying he wants health care for certain people...not for everyone. That's what I am trying to get across to him.

That's where you and I differ everyone should have access to health care regardless of ability to pay and regardless of desire to work as refusal is actually likely to create a greater division and ultimately a worse social situation and more problems
24-08-2016, 12:43 PM
(24-08-2016 12:27 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 12:23 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I will agree that universal healthcare is the ideal. Your alternative is a bit dodgy, though. How are you going to distinguish between those who "don't want to work" and those who can't find work? Or those who have small children, and the only job they can get doesn't even pay enough to cover day care? I am extremely opposed to any system that lumps all these people together into the single category "doesn't want to work".

It is easy. Just pay close attention to what they buy with their foodstamps and the size of their house.

That's bollocks cant believe I stood up for you you haven't changed sorry anjele. Bg you are a dick
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
24-08-2016, 12:59 PM
Deslite its problems, and I rely on it to stay alive, I am so glad we have the NHS. For the moment at least.

A man, with no ID collapsed in tbe street. Within tso hours he had been fitted with a pacemaker, before he ever csme round. No questions, the person comes before the cash here.

Well, there are exceptions, like the mordily obese person who can barely function but refuses any form of weight loss treatment. They may be refused all but urgent treatment.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 5 users Like Gloucester's post
24-08-2016, 01:11 PM
(24-08-2016 12:27 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 12:23 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I will agree that universal healthcare is the ideal. Your alternative is a bit dodgy, though. How are you going to distinguish between those who "don't want to work" and those who can't find work? Or those who have small children, and the only job they can get doesn't even pay enough to cover day care? I am extremely opposed to any system that lumps all these people together into the single category "doesn't want to work".

You have an unhealthy obsession with how people use their food stamps. If they are buying expensive food with their food stamps, that might tell me that they are getting more food stamps than they need, but it tells me nothing about whether or not they need them, or what their reasons are for not working. I can't read minds like you think you can. I'm not sure what the size of the house means either. There are really nice small houses and really shitty big houses, and location also has a lot to do with the value of a house. And what if several families are sharing a big house? Don't be so quick to judge people by externals. It makes you look like a bigot.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post