Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
04-09-2016, 02:48 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(04-09-2016 02:29 PM)Banjo Wrote:  That America could sink so low makes it easier to understand Germany in the 1930's. Only the Germans were better educated.

All it takes is fear and an economic downturn. And an unscrupulous politician armed with a few scapegoats.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
04-09-2016, 02:54 PM
Still reckon there is a chance that he is working for Clinton so you guys have no other viable choice but her!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
04-09-2016, 03:48 PM
(04-09-2016 02:48 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 02:29 PM)Banjo Wrote:  That America could sink so low makes it easier to understand Germany in the 1930's. Only the Germans were better educated.

All it takes is fear and an economic downturn. And an unscrupulous politician armed with a few scapegoats.

[Image: hermann-goering-during-the-nuremberg-tri...tood-b.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 10 users Like Banjo's post
05-09-2016, 12:03 PM
(04-09-2016 02:54 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Still reckon there is a chance that he is working for Clinton so you guys have no other viable choice but her!

I still don't buy it. If Trump were a Democrat plant then he'd have waited until about now to go clean off his gourd. No sense in blowing his wad in March and risking loosing the primaries. That doesn't help anybody.

Right now I'm wondering if we don't have it back to front. Is Hillary working for Trump?

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
05-09-2016, 02:00 PM
(04-09-2016 02:48 PM)morondog Wrote:  

There also must be a feeling of national humilation and wounded pride.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 5 users Like Szuchow's post
05-09-2016, 11:42 PM
(05-09-2016 02:00 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 02:48 PM)morondog Wrote:  All it takes is fear and an economic downturn. And an unscrupulous politician armed with a few scapegoats.

There also must be a feeling of national humilation and wounded pride.

That's easy. Just tell them that the Russians/Chinese are laughing at them and taking their money.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
05-09-2016, 11:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2016 03:45 AM by DLJ.)
I'll just leave this Trumpfish here...

[Image: red-cap-fish.jpg?a0f395]

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
06-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Hillary's emails, foundation problems, possible health issues etc are finally catching up to her. Trump leads in the new Reuters and CNN polls.

But some people are in denial.

This tweat from Nate Silver sums it up:
"Saying "state polling averages don't show a shift toward Trump yet!" is basically saying "I like polls from 3 weeks ago more than todays!"

I thought Trump was sunk after the DNC. Can't believe he's jumped 9 points.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
06-09-2016, 09:50 PM
(06-09-2016 02:27 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I thought Trump was sunk after the DNC. Can't believe he's jumped 9 points.
Yeah, me either. He should write a new book called "The Art of the Comeback." Tongue

On an unrelated note, I thought Ted Cruz eating a booger/tonsil stone during one of the debates was fucking disgusting, but then I saw Hillary coughing up a bunch of phlegm into a glass of water and drinking from it afterwards. I almost vomited. Rainbow Vomit

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
07-09-2016, 05:52 AM
(04-09-2016 02:26 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(26-08-2016 03:38 PM)tomilay Wrote:  The bigot is a special piece of humanity. You can be sure if there were no black people on earth, someone else would be bearing the brunt of their bigotry. The solution to the problem always lies within the bigot, not outside.

If there were no black people there would still be us Jewish ones and Mexicans and Muslims and on and on.

You just stated the problem. When you refer to yourselves as African-Americans, Jewish Americans, and so on, you attempt to take power from others and give it to yourselves. If you saw everyone as just americans including yourselves, we might be able to get along. When your specific groups lobby the government for special treatment, making it harder for specifically (white males) eventually there will be a shove back in the other direction. I don't want more of difficulty finding a job to pay the bills. I want equality. Since we can't play nice, I must vote Trump. Trump won't get everything he wants and I am fine with that. It is kind of like asking for $2000 off the new BMW you want, so they will counter with $1000 off the price. Also if you have a significant other that likes to steal the covers at night. You might pull them back lightly a few times before a more violent pull. This is the same thing. If we want equality, we must go for the superior position, so we can be countered with an offer of equality.