Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
30-04-2016, 12:27 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(30-04-2016 12:01 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Any citizen that takes money from the government in the form of welfare, food stamps, housing assistance, free medical or health care subsidies should not be allowed to vote during the year they received a government payment.

I would just like to emphasize that this was actually said, and meant to be taken seriously.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2016, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2016 12:44 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(30-04-2016 12:27 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 12:01 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Any citizen that takes money from the government in the form of welfare, food stamps, housing assistance, free medical or health care subsidies should not be allowed to vote during the year they received a government payment.

I would just like to emphasize that this was actually said, and meant to be taken seriously.

Absolutely. By denying moochers voting rights, they can't elect politicians that want to redistribute wealth.

Taxes should go to roads, military, police etc. No free money to people who don't earn it, unless they're kids, disabled or elderly.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
30-04-2016, 12:51 PM
Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(30-04-2016 12:01 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  There are too many stupid people that vote. Or lazy so they vote for the party that gives them free stuff.

Any citizen that takes money from the government in the form of welfare, food stamps, housing assistance, free medical or health care subsidies should not be allowed to vote during the year they received a government payment. This will prevent moochers from voting in people that give away more and more handouts. This goes for corporate welfare as well. No bailouts, unless they pay it back with interest.

The Democrats would lose 60% of their voters.

+1
30-04-2016, 12:55 PM
(30-04-2016 12:01 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  There are too many stupid people that vote. Or lazy so they vote for the party that gives them free stuff.

Any citizen that takes money from the government in the form of welfare, food stamps, housing assistance, free medical or health care subsidies should not be allowed to vote during the year they received a government payment. This will prevent moochers from voting in people that give away more and more handouts. This goes for corporate welfare as well. No bailouts, unless they pay it back with interest.

Would you extend that to businesses and corporations, forbidding them to contribute to political campaigns (since they don't have the vote) if they've gotten tax subsidies or government assistance?
30-04-2016, 12:58 PM
(30-04-2016 12:55 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  

Would you extend that to businesses and corporations, forbidding them to contribute to political campaigns (since they don't have the vote) if they've gotten tax subsidies or government assistance?

Absolutely. Businesses are not people. Businesses don't vote.

I'd get rid of Super PACs as well. Individual donations should be it.

[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
30-04-2016, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2016 01:18 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-04-2016 12:01 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Any citizen that takes money from the government in the form of welfare, food stamps, housing assistance, free medical or health care subsidies should not be allowed to vote during the year they received a government payment. This will prevent moochers from voting in people that give away more and more handouts. This goes for corporate welfare as well. No bailouts, unless they pay it back with interest.

Well first of all that is entirely unconstitutional. And secondly I don't think you appreciate that virtually everyone, including you, receive government subsidies in the form of tax credits and deductions. So why stop there? Why not include individual tax credits and deductions as well: Earned Income Tax Credit, Child and Dependent Care Credit, Adoption Credit, Child Tax Credit, Credit for the Elderly or Disabled Health Care, Mortgage Interest Credit, Residential Energy Efficient Property Credit, Nonbusiness Energy Property Credit, Low-Income Housing Credit (for Owners), Earned Income Tax Credit, Saver's Credit, Foreign Tax Credit, Excess Social Security and RRTA Tax Withheld, Credit for Tax on Undistributed Capital Gain, Nonrefundable Credit for Prior Year Minimum Tax, Credit to Holders of Tax Credit Bonds, Standard Deduction, Deductible Taxes, Property Tax, Real Estate Tax, Sales Tax, Charitable Contributions, Gambling Loss, Interest Expense, Home Mortgage Interest, Union/Club Expenses, Moving Expenses, Sale of Home, Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs), Capital Losses, Student Loan Interest, Tuition and Fees Deduction, Work-Related Educational Expenses, Teacher's Educational Expenses, etc.

Get rid of these and you'd lose 80% of the Republican voters.

Or are those government subsidies somehow nobler than direct payments to the "moochers"? I don't think you realize the extent that you too are also a moocher. If you got kids under 17 and claim the child tax credit for them you should not be allowed to vote because you are mooching off me to feed your family. It's easy enough to quantify how much of a moocher you are. Subtract your adjusted gross income and personal exemptions and itemized deductions from your gross income and that's what you mooched. Me, I'm about a $60K/year moocher.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-04-2016, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2016 01:25 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(30-04-2016 01:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 12:01 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Any citizen that takes money from the government in the form of welfare, food stamps, housing assistance, free medical or health care subsidies should not be allowed to vote during the year they received a government payment. This will prevent moochers from voting in people that give away more and more handouts. This goes for corporate welfare as well. No bailouts, unless they pay it back with interest.

Well first of all that is entirely unconstitutional. And secondly I don't think you appreciate that virtually everyone, including you, receive government subsidies in the form of tax credits and deductions. So why stop there? Why not include individual tax credits and deductions as well: Earned Income Tax Credit, Child and Dependent Care Credit, Adoption Credit, Child Tax Credit, Credit for the Elderly or Disabled Health Care, Mortgage Interest Credit, Residential Energy Efficient Property Credit, Nonbusiness Energy Property Credit, Low-Income Housing Credit (for Owners), Earned Income Tax Credit, Saver's Credit, Foreign Tax Credit, Excess Social Security and RRTA Tax Withheld, Credit for Tax on Undistributed Capital Gain, Nonrefundable Credit for Prior Year Minimum Tax, Credit to Holders of Tax Credit Bonds, Standard Deduction, Deductible Taxes, Property Tax, Real Estate Tax, Sales Tax, Charitable Contributions, Gambling Loss, Interest Expense, Home Mortgage Interest, Union/Club Expenses, Moving Expenses, Sale of Home, Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs), Capital Losses, Student Loan Interest, Tuition and Fees Deduction, Work-Related Educational Expenses, Teacher's Educational Expenses, etc.

Or are those government subsidies somehow nobler than direct payments to the "moochers"? I don't think you realize the extent that you too are also a moocher. If you got kids under 17 and claim the child tax credit for them you should not be allowed to vote because you are mooching off me to feed your family. It's easy enough to quantify how much of a moocher you are. Subtract your adjusted gross income and personal exemptions and itemized deductions from your gross income and that's what you mooched.

I'm 100% for tax reform. A 10% federal employment tax. The government keeps it all. No credits. No deductions. No tax returns. If you make $50,000 a year, you give the IRS $5,000 on April 15th. If you make $20,000, you owe $2,000.

Fair and easy. Let the states set theirs up to 10% as well. Get rid of vehicle licensing, gas taxes etc. Local jurisdictions can collect up to a 10% sales tax. If you purchase inside the city, the 10% sales tax goes to the city, if outside the city limits, the 10% sales tax goes to the county.

30-04-2016, 01:23 PM
(30-04-2016 01:19 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 01:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Well first of all that is entirely unconstitutional. And secondly I don't think you appreciate that virtually everyone, including you, receive government subsidies in the form of tax credits and deductions. So why stop there? Why not include individual tax credits and deductions as well: Earned Income Tax Credit, Child and Dependent Care Credit, Adoption Credit, Child Tax Credit, Credit for the Elderly or Disabled Health Care, Mortgage Interest Credit, Residential Energy Efficient Property Credit, Nonbusiness Energy Property Credit, Low-Income Housing Credit (for Owners), Earned Income Tax Credit, Saver's Credit, Foreign Tax Credit, Excess Social Security and RRTA Tax Withheld, Credit for Tax on Undistributed Capital Gain, Nonrefundable Credit for Prior Year Minimum Tax, Credit to Holders of Tax Credit Bonds, Standard Deduction, Deductible Taxes, Property Tax, Real Estate Tax, Sales Tax, Charitable Contributions, Gambling Loss, Interest Expense, Home Mortgage Interest, Union/Club Expenses, Moving Expenses, Sale of Home, Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs), Capital Losses, Student Loan Interest, Tuition and Fees Deduction, Work-Related Educational Expenses, Teacher's Educational Expenses, etc.

Or are those government subsidies somehow nobler than direct payments to the "moochers"? I don't think you realize the extent that you too are also a moocher. If you got kids under 17 and claim the child tax credit for them you should not be allowed to vote because you are mooching off me to feed your family. It's easy enough to quantify how much of a moocher you are. Subtract your adjusted gross income and personal exemptions and itemized deductions from your gross income and that's what you mooched.

I'm 100% for tax reform. A 10% federal employment tax. The government keeps it all. No credits. No tax returns. If you make $50,000 a year, you give the IRS $5,000 on April 15th. If you make $20,000, you owe $2,000.

Fair and easy.

A flat tax is not fair at all. It is regressive. A flat tax ignores the marginal utility of money and the law of diminishing returns. If I paid $16000 in taxes and my neighbor paid $2000 he's gonna miss that $2000 more than I miss the $16K. Have you had any education in this area? Because you don't appear to understand or appreciate it.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-04-2016, 01:29 PM
(30-04-2016 01:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 01:19 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I'm 100% for tax reform. A 10% federal employment tax. The government keeps it all. No credits. No tax returns. If you make $50,000 a year, you give the IRS $5,000 on April 15th. If you make $20,000, you owe $2,000.

Fair and easy.

A flat tax is not fair at all. It is regressive. A flat tax ignores the marginal utility of money and the law of diminishing returns. If I paid $16000 in taxes and my neighbor paid $2000 he's gonna miss that $2000 more than I miss the $16K. Have you had any education in this area? Because you don't appear to understand or appreciate it.

Then your neighbor can work two jobs so he earns more. Life ain't always fair. I won't complain if I pay 10% of 50,000 but the next guy pays 10% on a million.

30-04-2016, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2016 01:41 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-04-2016 01:29 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 01:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  A flat tax is not fair at all. It is regressive. A flat tax ignores the marginal utility of money and the law of diminishing returns. If I paid $16000 in taxes and my neighbor paid $2000 he's gonna miss that $2000 more than I miss the $16K. Have you had any education in this area? Because you don't appear to understand or appreciate it.

Then your neighbor can work two jobs so he earns more. Life ain't always fair. I won't complain if I pay 10% of 50,000 but the next guy pays 10% on a million.

Let's see. If I recall correctly you and wifey make like $75000/year combined with a couple of kids. Do you pay $7500/year in federal taxes? Do you think you will miss that $7500 more than I will miss my $16000? But hey you and your wife can always work 2 jobs each so you can be like Bob and won't miss the extra $8500.

And what the fuck does life is not fair have to do with anything. We're talking about taxes not life. Do you think taxes should be fair? Do you think taxes should be progressive or regressive? Do you even know the difference?

#sigh