Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-09-2016, 06:13 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(07-09-2016 05:52 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 02:26 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  If there were no black people there would still be us Jewish ones and Mexicans and Muslims and on and on.

You just stated the problem. When you refer to yourselves as African-Americans, Jewish Americans, and so on, you attempt to take power from others and give it to yourselves. If you saw everyone as just americans including yourselves, we might be able to get along. When your specific groups lobby the government for special treatment, making it harder for specifically (white males) eventually there will be a shove back in the other direction. I don't want more of difficulty finding a job to pay the bills. I want equality. Since we can't play nice, I must vote Trump. Trump won't get everything he wants and I am fine with that. It is kind of like asking for $2000 off the new BMW you want, so they will counter with $1000 off the price. Also if you have a significant other that likes to steal the covers at night. You might pull them back lightly a few times before a more violent pull. This is the same thing. If we want equality, we must go for the superior position, so we can be countered with an offer of equality.

Never would have pegged Birdie for a social justice warrior Blink You poor oppressed white trailer salesman you Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-09-2016, 08:41 AM
(07-09-2016 05:52 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 02:26 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  If there were no black people there would still be us Jewish ones and Mexicans and Muslims and on and on.

You just stated the problem. When you refer to yourselves as African-Americans, Jewish Americans, and so on, you attempt to take power from others and give it to yourselves. If you saw everyone as just americans including yourselves, we might be able to get along. When your specific groups lobby the government for special treatment, making it harder for specifically (white males) eventually there will be a shove back in the other direction. I don't want more of difficulty finding a job to pay the bills. I want equality. Since we can't play nice, I must vote Trump. Trump won't get everything he wants and I am fine with that. It is kind of like asking for $2000 off the new BMW you want, so they will counter with $1000 off the price. Also if you have a significant other that likes to steal the covers at night. You might pull them back lightly a few times before a more violent pull. This is the same thing. If we want equality, we must go for the superior position, so we can be countered with an offer of equality.

You don't have equality, and therefore you "must vote Trump"? What kind of logic is that? For one thing, what makes you think that "President Trump" automatically guarantees "equality"? I suspect President Trump would cause so many other clusterfucks (nuclear war, anyone?) that "equality" wouldn't even be a concern anymore. There are more important things than whether or not dark-skinned people get slightly better treatment than you do (and I'm not convinced they do -- I'm a middle-class White person, and I would not trade my life for that of any racial minority).
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
07-09-2016, 09:00 AM
(04-09-2016 02:29 PM)Banjo Wrote:  That America could sink so low makes it easier to understand Germany in the 1930's. Only the Germans were better educated.
But the economic and political situation was far worse Tongue

Actually thats one of the ways to try and get something good out of it. Lots of people wondered how the nazis could have been successful in Germany.

Looking at various (not only in the US) things that evolved out there, i bet less and less people are wondering now. We need to be reminded of this kinda shit probably, so it wont happen again, ever.

If so, then i am happy to pay the price of having to endure Trump until November.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
07-09-2016, 09:20 AM
(07-09-2016 08:41 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 05:52 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  You just stated the problem. When you refer to yourselves as African-Americans, Jewish Americans, and so on, you attempt to take power from others and give it to yourselves. If you saw everyone as just americans including yourselves, we might be able to get along. When your specific groups lobby the government for special treatment, making it harder for specifically (white males) eventually there will be a shove back in the other direction. I don't want more of difficulty finding a job to pay the bills. I want equality. Since we can't play nice, I must vote Trump. Trump won't get everything he wants and I am fine with that. It is kind of like asking for $2000 off the new BMW you want, so they will counter with $1000 off the price. Also if you have a significant other that likes to steal the covers at night. You might pull them back lightly a few times before a more violent pull. This is the same thing. If we want equality, we must go for the superior position, so we can be countered with an offer of equality.

You don't have equality, and therefore you "must vote Trump"? What kind of logic is that? For one thing, what makes you think that "President Trump" automatically guarantees "equality"? I suspect President Trump would cause so many other clusterfucks (nuclear war, anyone?) that "equality" wouldn't even be a concern anymore. There are more important things than whether or not dark-skinned people get slightly better treatment than you do (and I'm not convinced they do -- I'm a middle-class White person, and I would not trade my life for that of any racial minority).

The logic is sound. If I say "Give me equality.", the minorities say "Fuck you.". If I vote Trump so he pushes for more than just equality, the minorities will again say "Fuck you", but they will have to give up just a little in the direction of equality.
07-09-2016, 10:30 AM
(07-09-2016 09:20 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 08:41 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  You don't have equality, and therefore you "must vote Trump"? What kind of logic is that? For one thing, what makes you think that "President Trump" automatically guarantees "equality"? I suspect President Trump would cause so many other clusterfucks (nuclear war, anyone?) that "equality" wouldn't even be a concern anymore. There are more important things than whether or not dark-skinned people get slightly better treatment than you do (and I'm not convinced they do -- I'm a middle-class White person, and I would not trade my life for that of any racial minority).

The logic is sound. If I say "Give me equality.", the minorities say "Fuck you.". If I vote Trump so he pushes for more than just equality, the minorities will again say "Fuck you", but they will have to give up just a little in the direction of equality.

What good is this nebulous "equality" if Trump fucks up everything else? You're cutting off your nose to spite your face. Would you vote for Hitler or Kim Jong Un as long as they promised you "equality"?
07-09-2016, 10:38 AM
It actually causes my gut to turn over when I read the term "President Trump".

Is it just gastric acidosis following a vindaloo, or is my fear legitimate?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
07-09-2016, 10:39 AM
(07-09-2016 10:30 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 09:20 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The logic is sound. If I say "Give me equality.", the minorities say "Fuck you.". If I vote Trump so he pushes for more than just equality, the minorities will again say "Fuck you", but they will have to give up just a little in the direction of equality.

What good is this nebulous "equality" if Trump fucks up everything else? You're cutting off your nose to spite your face. Would you vote for Hitler or Kim Jong Un as long as they promised you "equality"?

That is just the point. He is not pushing for equality. He is pushing for more. What I am hoping he gets is equality. As far as starting nuclear war? I doubt it. Trump doesn't want to die. Nobody wants to be the one to start a nuke war, except maybe certain muslim countries that will do it as soon as they are able to whether Trump is the president or Clinton is. Unless Trump is the one to launch first, which I doubt he will we are not looking at a nuclear war.
07-09-2016, 10:45 AM
(07-09-2016 09:20 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The logic is sound. If I say "Give me equality.", the minorities say "Fuck you.". If I vote Trump so he pushes for more than just equality, the minorities will again say "Fuck you", but they will have to give up just a little in the direction of equality.

You're not looking for equality, you're looking for a handout.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-09-2016, 10:51 AM
(07-09-2016 10:45 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

You're not looking for equality, you're looking for a handout.

When all the other groups are given handouts such as (Come to our country and be given a grant to own a business that you don't have to pay back and not pay tax for 7 years) or are given other things that are not allowed for (white males), such as the "United Negro College Fund" which is something that if you are not black you can't even apply for. Yet it is illegal for us to have a college fund exclusively for white males. You can have one I suppose for white women or at least women in general, but not one exclusively for men. Yes if you look at all that as a hand out, I guess I am after exactly that.
07-09-2016, 11:01 AM
(07-09-2016 10:51 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 10:45 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're not looking for equality, you're looking for a handout.

When all the other groups are given handouts such as (Come to our country and be given a grant to own a business that you don't have to pay back and not pay tax for 7 years) or are given other things that are not allowed for (white males), such as the "United Negro College Fund" which is something that if you are not black you can't even apply for. Yet it is illegal for us to have a college fund exclusively for white males. You can have one I suppose for white women or at least women in general, but not one exclusively for men. Yes if you look at all that as a hand out, I guess I am after exactly that.

Just apply to Howard University or any of the other HBCU unis and you qualify for a minority scholarship.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post