Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-09-2016, 11:17 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(07-09-2016 10:39 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 10:30 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  What good is this nebulous "equality" if Trump fucks up everything else? You're cutting off your nose to spite your face. Would you vote for Hitler or Kim Jong Un as long as they promised you "equality"?

That is just the point. He is not pushing for equality. He is pushing for more. What I am hoping he gets is equality. As far as starting nuclear war? I doubt it. Trump doesn't want to die. Nobody wants to be the one to start a nuke war, except maybe certain muslim countries that will do it as soon as they are able to whether Trump is the president or Clinton is. Unless Trump is the one to launch first, which I doubt he will we are not looking at a nuclear war.

He has talked about it (nuclear first strike) as a realistic option, and he is a loose cannon who has shown no talent for self-control. The thought of him in the White House scares the shit out of me. I'll take "unequal" but alive.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
07-09-2016, 11:20 AM
(07-09-2016 11:01 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 10:51 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  When all the other groups are given handouts such as (Come to our country and be given a grant to own a business that you don't have to pay back and not pay tax for 7 years) or are given other things that are not allowed for (white males), such as the "United Negro College Fund" which is something that if you are not black you can't even apply for. Yet it is illegal for us to have a college fund exclusively for white males. You can have one I suppose for white women or at least women in general, but not one exclusively for men. Yes if you look at all that as a hand out, I guess I am after exactly that.

Just apply to Howard University or any of the other HBCU unis and you qualify for a minority scholarship.

I'd be surprised if Birdguy1979 understands that he is free to apply to join a HBCU.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
07-09-2016, 11:30 AM
(07-09-2016 11:20 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 11:01 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Just apply to Howard University or any of the other HBCU unis and you qualify for a minority scholarship.

I'd be surprised if Birdguy1979 understands that he is free to apply to join a HBCU.

I doubt he could pass the GED.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-09-2016, 11:40 AM
(07-09-2016 11:30 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 11:20 AM)tomilay Wrote:  I'd be surprised if Birdguy1979 understands that he is free to apply to join a HBCU.

I doubt he could pass the GED.

Good Enough Diploma?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-09-2016, 11:44 AM
(07-09-2016 11:40 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 11:30 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I doubt he could pass the GED.

Good Enough Diploma?

I earned my high school diploma. I don't need a GED. Although for some reason it seems that the GED has more value than an actual diploma.
07-09-2016, 11:53 AM
(07-09-2016 11:44 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 11:40 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Good Enough Diploma?

I earned my high school diploma. I don't need a GED. Although for some reason it seems that the GED has more value than an actual diploma.

What skills do you bring to the employment table? Other than being an oppressed white guy, of course.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-09-2016, 11:59 AM
(07-09-2016 11:44 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 11:40 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Good Enough Diploma?

I still don't think you could pass it.

#sigh
07-09-2016, 12:31 PM
(07-09-2016 09:20 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 08:41 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  You don't have equality, and therefore you "must vote Trump"? What kind of logic is that? For one thing, what makes you think that "President Trump" automatically guarantees "equality"? I suspect President Trump would cause so many other clusterfucks (nuclear war, anyone?) that "equality" wouldn't even be a concern anymore. There are more important things than whether or not dark-skinned people get slightly better treatment than you do (and I'm not convinced they do -- I'm a middle-class White person, and I would not trade my life for that of any racial minority).

The logic is sound. If I say "Give me equality.", the minorities say "Fuck you.". If I vote Trump so he pushes for more than just equality, the minorities will again say "Fuck you", but they will have to give up just a little in the direction of equality.

What is Trump pushing for? Do you know? He himself doesn't seem to know.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
07-09-2016, 01:05 PM
(07-09-2016 11:53 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 11:44 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I earned my high school diploma. I don't need a GED. Although for some reason it seems that the GED has more value than an actual diploma.

What skills do you bring to the employment table? Other than being an oppressed white guy, of course.

I went to school for electronics. I used to have a skilled job as a tester/troubleshooter at a power supply manufacturer. Then our government imported a bunch of Bosnian refugees and moved them into NJ. The company hired a shit ton of them. They knew nothing about the product. They were handed better paying jobs and all they had to do was assemble things by looking at pictures. Maybe I am at the bottom, but it is because others that would also be at the bottom are thrown into my path ahead of me.
07-09-2016, 02:00 PM
(07-09-2016 01:05 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 11:53 AM)Anjele Wrote:  What skills do you bring to the employment table? Other than being an oppressed white guy, of course.

I went to school for electronics. I used to have a skilled job as a tester/troubleshooter at a power supply manufacturer. Then our government imported a bunch of Bosnian refugees and moved them into NJ. The company hired a shit ton of them. They knew nothing about the product. They were handed better paying jobs and all they had to do was assemble things by looking at pictures. Maybe I am at the bottom, but it is because others that would also be at the bottom are thrown into my path ahead of me.

You are always a victim, aren't you?

[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post