Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-09-2016, 05:45 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(07-09-2016 02:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 02:27 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Nope. I had been there for a few years and was making about 10.50 an hour. The government offered an incentive to hire the bosnians that were imported. They were not shy about telling everyone what they were being paid. One of them bought a brand new BMW on credit within about a month of being there. She was getting $17.75 an hour according to her. And based on what you would need to make to be able to pay rent/mortgage and a car payment, I believe she was telling the truth.

So you have no proof.

Many companies have policies in place whereby it is against the rules of employment to discuss salaries unless you are management or HR.

But I am sure your situation is special...after all this was a WOMAN supposedly being paid more than your white male self.

For one thing, I don't think she had any reason to lie. Secondly, the government gave employers a cash incentive to hire these people. In other words, part of their money was coming indirectly from tax payers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2016, 05:55 AM
I kind of fell off this thread for a while. just too much activity for me to catch up with. But, I read the last few pages and I have something to add:

None of what Birdguy says makes any fucking sense whatsoever. The government imported people from outside the US and forced some company to hire them and pay them more? This reads like someone who made a stupid statement and is now engaging in creative writing because he was called out on it. I call bullshit.

I am also calling the psych ward because they are missing a patient.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
08-09-2016, 06:04 AM
(08-09-2016 05:55 AM)BnW Wrote:  I kind of fell off this thread for a while. just too much activity for me to catch up with. But, I read the last few pages and I have something to add:

None of what Birdguy says makes any fucking sense whatsoever. The government imported people from outside the US and forced some company to hire them and pay them more? This reads like someone who made a stupid statement and is now engaging in creative writing because he was called out on it. I call bullshit.

It does make sense. The company was not forced. They were offered money toward their pay. Way pay someone that went to school for it $10.50 per hour when you can pay $5 per hour out of pocket and the other money they get beyond the $5 comes from the government?
08-09-2016, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2016 06:22 AM by adey67.)
Consider Birdguy, I don't know if you realise but you come off like you have a massive chip on your shoulder which kinda means any salient points you are trying to make get lost along the way. Having said that you do handle quips and ad hominems in a calm and mostly measured way which I respect. Drinking Beverage
08-09-2016, 07:25 AM
(08-09-2016 06:04 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(08-09-2016 05:55 AM)BnW Wrote:  I kind of fell off this thread for a while. just too much activity for me to catch up with. But, I read the last few pages and I have something to add:

It does make sense. The company was not forced. They were offered money toward their pay. Way pay someone that went to school for it $10.50 per hour when you can pay $5 per hour out of pocket and the other money they get beyond the $5 comes from the government?

If these people are as incompetent as you claim, hiring them will hurt the company even if they do save money on wages/salary. If the management of the company is that stupid, you don't want to work for them anyway. But I think it's more likely that your story is inaccurate than it is that the management is that stupid.
08-09-2016, 07:27 AM
I'll just leave this here:
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/06/_polit...index.html

In my opinion, the left-backed f*cked-up identity politics and sometimes even goebbelsian rhetorics that permeate not only colleges, but an ever growing slice of media is what pissed off a large voter group (blue-collar workers from landlocked states) who feel that their very real issues (job security and stability, low income, public education, healthcare) are not only not addressed as a legitimate problem, but actively made bogeyman of. Trump's 45% comes from this voter group and as long as he's the only politician that resonates with the blue-collars, he isn't going anywhere.
[+] 1 user Likes Naridar's post
08-09-2016, 09:08 AM
(08-09-2016 07:27 AM)Naridar Wrote:  I'll just leave this here:

In my opinion, the left-backed f*cked-up identity politics and sometimes even goebbelsian rhetorics that permeate not only colleges, but an ever growing slice of media is what pissed off a large voter group (blue-collar workers from landlocked states) who feel that their very real issues (job security and stability, low income, public education, healthcare) are not only not addressed as a legitimate problem, but actively made bogeyman of. Trump's 45% comes from this voter group and as long as he's the only politician that resonates with the blue-collars, he isn't going anywhere.

I agree with a lot of this statement.

Trump supporters are being cast as nothing but racists and nationalists and I think that characterization is absolutely wrong. Sure, people like that are clearly favoring Trump but the idea that his numbers are a reflection of that kind of sentiment only is ridiculous. The bigger issue is ordinary working people have been left behind by both parties. And, the type of globalization favored by Hillary Clinton and the Democrats is not going to make things better for these people. They have legitimate reasons to be concerned.

Take the TPP for example. The latest trade deal that is going to bend over and fuck the American worker. The Huffington Post did an article just over a month ago about how Obama was willing to basically ignore Malaysia's use of slaves and get their status changed in order to get the TPP signed before he left office. How are American workers going to compete with slave labor? The answer is: they are not. And, this article is not from Breitbart of Fox News. It's the fucking Huffington Post! You don't get a whole lot more liberal than HuffPo.

I know this is Obama and not Clinton, but she has a long history of supporting these types of trade agreements, going back to her pushing for NAFTA when her husband was President. Her last comment on TPP was she didn't like it in "it's current form" but never specified what that meant. I think it means they change a comma, add a semi-colon, and she's good to go.

If you live in middle America, you look at this deal - and all the deals like it - and there is no way you can support the people who are pushing this. And, that includes Hillary Clinton. Trump may be a total fucking lunatic, but of the two candidates, he's the one who is saying "this deal is going to make your bad situation even worse" and I'm not sure he's wrong about that.

As long as these types of issues are not addressed by the "owners" of the two major parties, you're going to see more Trumps (and probably more Sanders' too). And, ignoring the concerns of the people voting for Trump is courting disaster because there are a lot of these people and they are getting angrier and angrier. And, even as their demographics shrink, the people moving in are going to have the exact same problem that these people do. It's not unique to white men. They are just the current demographic getting hurt by it the most. That will change.

[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
08-09-2016, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2016 09:17 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(08-09-2016 07:27 AM)Naridar Wrote:  I'll just leave this here:

They just said on CNN that Trump and PACs spent $30 million through August. Clinton and PACs spent 4 times as much. $125 million.

Trump is barely spending anything. I read so many things about how he would have to drop 1 billion of his own money to even come close.

He continues to run an unconventional campaign. He is getting unlimited free airplay by continuing to call into radio shows and TV news programs. I can listen to conservative radio and he'll call into 3 different shows in a row. Then I'll see him call into Fox News, MSNBC and a local news station after that. Hillary won't do that unless the questions are scripted. She continues the media blackout and only gives teleprompter town hall events with heavily screened visitors.

If you're outspending your opponent 4 to 1 and losing some polls and barely leading others, you've got problems come election day.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
08-09-2016, 09:38 AM
You need to prepare yourself for the reality that he's going to lose. By a lot.

[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
08-09-2016, 09:46 AM
I don't like the idea that I have to vote to keep someone out of office instead of being able to vote for who I would like to see in office. Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post