Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-09-2016, 09:50 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(08-09-2016 09:38 AM)BnW Wrote:  You need to prepare yourself for the reality that he's going to lose. By a lot.

I thought that for the last month. Now I'm changing my mind. Polls are close. She got creamed in the CiC forum last night. And wikileaks is still pending. Its not over yet.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2016, 10:22 AM
The same people who didn't vote for Romney are not voting for Trump. If a reasonably sane candidate like Romney couldn't win, trump is going to get killed.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
08-09-2016, 10:48 AM
(08-09-2016 09:08 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(08-09-2016 07:27 AM)Naridar Wrote:  I'll just leave this here:
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/06/_polit...index.html

In my opinion, the left-backed f*cked-up identity politics and sometimes even goebbelsian rhetorics that permeate not only colleges, but an ever growing slice of media is what pissed off a large voter group (blue-collar workers from landlocked states) who feel that their very real issues (job security and stability, low income, public education, healthcare) are not only not addressed as a legitimate problem, but actively made bogeyman of. Trump's 45% comes from this voter group and as long as he's the only politician that resonates with the blue-collars, he isn't going anywhere.

I agree with a lot of this statement.

Trump supporters are being cast as nothing but racists and nationalists and I think that characterization is absolutely wrong. Sure, people like that are clearly favoring Trump but the idea that his numbers are a reflection of that kind of sentiment only is ridiculous. The bigger issue is ordinary working people have been left behind by both parties. And, the type of globalization favored by Hillary Clinton and the Democrats is not going to make things better for these people. They have legitimate reasons to be concerned.

Take the TPP for example. The latest trade deal that is going to bend over and fuck the American worker. The Huffington Post did an article just over a month ago about how Obama was willing to basically ignore Malaysia's use of slaves and get their status changed in order to get the TPP signed before he left office. How are American workers going to compete with slave labor? The answer is: they are not. And, this article is not from Breitbart of Fox News. It's the fucking Huffington Post! You don't get a whole lot more liberal than HuffPo.

I know this is Obama and not Clinton, but she has a long history of supporting these types of trade agreements, going back to her pushing for NAFTA when her husband was President. Her last comment on TPP was she didn't like it in "it's current form" but never specified what that meant. I think it means they change a comma, add a semi-colon, and she's good to go.

If you live in middle America, you look at this deal - and all the deals like it - and there is no way you can support the people who are pushing this. And, that includes Hillary Clinton. Trump may be a total fucking lunatic, but of the two candidates, he's the one who is saying "this deal is going to make your bad situation even worse" and I'm not sure he's wrong about that.

As long as these types of issues are not addressed by the "owners" of the two major parties, you're going to see more Trumps (and probably more Sanders' too). And, ignoring the concerns of the people voting for Trump is courting disaster because there are a lot of these people and they are getting angrier and angrier. And, even as their demographics shrink, the people moving in are going to have the exact same problem that these people do. It's not unique to white men. They are just the current demographic getting hurt by it the most. That will change.

You said it far better than I could have. Not that I am not smart enough. I am just too angry. There are so many of us that are sick of the current treatment, that we would prefer crazy over the insanity that is the current government. If Trump sparks a war, so be it. A massive conflict within our borders would allow for our current leadership though I use the term loosely, to be torn down and a new government formed.
08-09-2016, 12:05 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2016 12:08 PM by Szuchow.)
(08-09-2016 10:48 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  You said it far better than I could have. Not that I am not smart enough. I am just too angry. There are so many of us that are sick of the current treatment, that we would prefer crazy over the insanity that is the current government. If Trump sparks a war, so be it. A massive conflict within our borders would allow for our current leadership though I use the term loosely, to be torn down and a new government formed.
Wishing armed conflict on your own country? Do you even know how civil wars look like and what they entail?

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
08-09-2016, 12:29 PM
(08-09-2016 12:05 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(08-09-2016 10:48 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  You said it far better than I could have. Not that I am not smart enough. I am just too angry. There are so many of us that are sick of the current treatment, that we would prefer crazy over the insanity that is the current government. If Trump sparks a war, so be it. A massive conflict within our borders would allow for our current leadership though I use the term loosely, to be torn down and a new government formed.
Wishing armed conflict on your own country? Do you even know how civil wars look like and what they entail?

Agreed, civil war sucks ass, trump is a turd floating down the river of life, I have faith that he will be trounced and will go back to porking girls less than half his age he's an opportunist pig and if America lets him win then I have no sympathy for their politics or moral judgment.
08-09-2016, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2016 12:50 PM by Anjele.)
(08-09-2016 12:05 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  

You have to consider the source. Would you expect better from birdman? I don't.

War on our shores...sure, why not. That'll fix everything. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-09-2016, 12:33 PM
@adey67

War in general sucks. I don't really get how one could wish it on one own country. Armed conflict brings untold suffering and aftsrmath also isn't easy.

As for Trump I won't be affected so I don't really care.

@Anjele

I remember his ramblings about III WW but such shit is still extreme. Wishing such suffering on one own country disgusts me.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
08-09-2016, 01:05 PM
(08-09-2016 09:08 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(08-09-2016 07:27 AM)Naridar Wrote:  I'll just leave this here:
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/06/_polit...index.html

In my opinion, the left-backed f*cked-up identity politics and sometimes even goebbelsian rhetorics that permeate not only colleges, but an ever growing slice of media is what pissed off a large voter group (blue-collar workers from landlocked states) who feel that their very real issues (job security and stability, low income, public education, healthcare) are not only not addressed as a legitimate problem, but actively made bogeyman of. Trump's 45% comes from this voter group and as long as he's the only politician that resonates with the blue-collars, he isn't going anywhere.

I agree with a lot of this statement.

Trump supporters are being cast as nothing but racists and nationalists and I think that characterization is absolutely wrong. Sure, people like that are clearly favoring Trump but the idea that his numbers are a reflection of that kind of sentiment only is ridiculous. The bigger issue is ordinary working people have been left behind by both parties. And, the type of globalization favored by Hillary Clinton and the Democrats is not going to make things better for these people. They have legitimate reasons to be concerned.

Take the TPP for example. The latest trade deal that is going to bend over and fuck the American worker. The Huffington Post did an article just over a month ago about how Obama was willing to basically ignore Malaysia's use of slaves and get their status changed in order to get the TPP signed before he left office. How are American workers going to compete with slave labor? The answer is: they are not. And, this article is not from Breitbart of Fox News. It's the fucking Huffington Post! You don't get a whole lot more liberal than HuffPo.

I know this is Obama and not Clinton, but she has a long history of supporting these types of trade agreements, going back to her pushing for NAFTA when her husband was President. Her last comment on TPP was she didn't like it in "it's current form" but never specified what that meant. I think it means they change a comma, add a semi-colon, and she's good to go.

If you live in middle America, you look at this deal - and all the deals like it - and there is no way you can support the people who are pushing this. And, that includes Hillary Clinton. Trump may be a total fucking lunatic, but of the two candidates, he's the one who is saying "this deal is going to make your bad situation even worse" and I'm not sure he's wrong about that.

As long as these types of issues are not addressed by the "owners" of the two major parties, you're going to see more Trumps (and probably more Sanders' too). And, ignoring the concerns of the people voting for Trump is courting disaster because there are a lot of these people and they are getting angrier and angrier. And, even as their demographics shrink, the people moving in are going to have the exact same problem that these people do. It's not unique to white men. They are just the current demographic getting hurt by it the most. That will change.

I like globalization.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
08-09-2016, 01:34 PM
(08-09-2016 12:33 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  @adey67

War in general sucks. I don't really get how one could wish it on one own country. Armed conflict brings untold suffering and aftsrmath also isn't easy.

@Anjele

I remember his ramblings about III WW but such shit is still extreme. Wishing such suffering on one own country disgusts me.

In my view your attitude of the system works for you, so screw the people that it doesn't work for is sick. The system must change, whether that be by violence or something else. I will not fire the first shot, but I am voting to bring it about.
08-09-2016, 01:39 PM
(08-09-2016 01:34 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(08-09-2016 12:33 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  @adey67

@Anjele

In my view your attitude of the system works for you, so screw the people that it doesn't work for is sick. The system must change, whether that be by violence or something else. I will not fire the first shot, but I am voting to bring it about.

How is the system not working?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.