Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-09-2016, 05:57 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(09-09-2016 05:52 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(08-09-2016 02:50 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Right, because there's nothing like a nice war to make everybody equal -- equally dead, that is. Fuck you for wishing for such a thing.

Actually yes, war does make most equal. In the event our system that redistributes money from workers that earn it to those that don't, those that work (whether it be foraging for food or hunting) will get fed. The ones that refuse can finally starve or get off their ass and do something.

Facepalm

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2016, 06:19 AM
(08-09-2016 02:50 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Right, because there's nothing like a nice war to make everybody equal -- equally dead, that is. Fuck you for wishing for such a thing.

Actually yes, war does make most equal. In the event our system that redistributes money from workers that earn it to those that don't, those that work (whether it be foraging for food or hunting) will get fed. The ones that refuse can finally starve or get off their ass and do something.

Well that's fine, if you advocate war I expect you'll be at the front line. By the way who's the enemy?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-09-2016, 08:23 AM

Actually yes, war does make most equal.

You would have made a good communist -- "Let's fix poverty by making everybody poor." How well has that worked out?
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
09-09-2016, 08:30 AM
(09-09-2016 08:23 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(09-09-2016 05:52 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Actually yes, war does make most equal.

You would have made a good communist -- "Let's fix poverty by making everybody poor." How well has that worked out?

It is better to make everyone poor than forcing just the lucky some, like me to be poor.
09-09-2016, 08:32 AM
(09-09-2016 08:30 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(09-09-2016 08:23 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  You would have made a good communist -- "Let's fix poverty by making everybody poor." How well has that worked out?

It is better to make everyone poor than forcing just the lucky some, like me to be poor.

Victim much?

Over and over again, you play the victim card.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
09-09-2016, 08:46 AM
(09-09-2016 08:32 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-09-2016 08:30 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  It is better to make everyone poor than forcing just the lucky some, like me to be poor.

Victim much?

As I said, just because the system has worked for you it does not mean it works for everyone. A system that is unfair needs to be changed. Just because you might not thrive in a different system, does not mean I should not try to change it to actually work for/benefit me.
09-09-2016, 08:55 AM
(09-09-2016 08:46 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(09-09-2016 08:32 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Victim much?

As I said, just because the system has worked for you it does not mean it works for everyone. A system that is unfair needs to be changed. Just because you might not thrive in a different system, does not mean I should not try to change it to actually work for/benefit me.

So you think a person who spent 10 years running up a bill they will pay for life, learning and working, to make the same as someone who has spent neither a penny nor any time to learn? Who is going to pay for the student loans? Who is going to fix your boo-boo and why would they?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-09-2016, 08:58 AM
(09-09-2016 08:46 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(09-09-2016 08:32 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Victim much?

You don't know anything about what my life has been like. I did make changes along the way but didn't call for a war to do it. You are really a whiny imbecile with a persecution complex.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
09-09-2016, 08:59 AM
(09-09-2016 08:55 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(09-09-2016 08:46 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  As I said, just because the system has worked for you it does not mean it works for everyone. A system that is unfair needs to be changed. Just because you might not thrive in a different system, does not mean I should not try to change it to actually work for/benefit me.

So you think a person who spent 10 years running up a bill they will pay for life, learning and working, to make the same as someone who has spent neither a penny nor any time to learn? Who is going to pay for the student loans? Who is going to fix your boo-boo and why would they?

The same can be said for those that earn nothing but minimum wage and only do part time. They obviously fucked up more than I did. Why should I make their lives better at the cost of my own? Ever think of that? Of course you didn't.
09-09-2016, 09:18 AM
(09-09-2016 08:59 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(09-09-2016 08:55 AM)Dom Wrote:  So you think a person who spent 10 years running up a bill they will pay for life, learning and working, to make the same as someone who has spent neither a penny nor any time to learn? Who is going to pay for the student loans? Who is going to fix your boo-boo and why would they?

The same can be said for those that earn nothing but minimum wage and only do part time. They obviously fucked up more than I did. Why should I make their lives better at the cost of my own? Ever think of that? Of course you didn't.

Maybe you should spend some of your time and energy working to make your life better instead of whining about how everyone else has it better than you and it's their fault that your life sucks. The vast majority of successful people have gotten there through hard work. They didn't sit around and whine until everything was handed to them. Take some responsibility for your own life! Even if you have gotten a raw deal -- nobody else is going to fix that for you. You have to fix it. If you're not willing to do that, go ahead and be miserable. But stop whining about it.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post