Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-09-2016, 08:04 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(13-09-2016 06:53 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 06:22 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I can see there being a whole heap of civil disorder if Trump is elected that's for sure.

That is one thing I am hoping for. I am truly hoping to fix the country. If all I can get is 4 to 8 years of disorder, then so be it.

Serious question how on earth is civil disorder going to fix your country ? I just don't see how that's going to do anything other than make things worse.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2016, 08:22 AM
(13-09-2016 06:22 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I can see there being a whole heap of civil disorder if Trump is elected that's for sure.

That is one thing I am hoping for. I am truly hoping to fix the country. If all I can get is 4 to 8 years of disorder, then so be it.

Yeah, because disorder is just so much fun.

Rolleyes
13-09-2016, 08:40 AM

Your approach to fixing a country is that of a chimpanzee fixing a computer.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-09-2016, 09:45 AM
(13-09-2016 08:40 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 06:53 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  That is one thing I am hoping for. I am truly hoping to fix the country. If all I can get is 4 to 8 years of disorder, then so be it.

Your approach to fixing a country is that of a chimpanzee fixing a computer.

In my view, everyone else has found their niche and there is no room for me to become successful. Some chaos might just be what I need. There are so many rules out there to keep competition out of it, even starting a business is difficult. If I started landscaping for example, the landscapers currently in the area would have a cow because of routes and shit. Not to mention the ones that take a van to home depot and pick up a bunch of illegals to do the work for them. They won't pay taxes for those employees, because they are not employees. No overhead, except for the mowers and gas.
13-09-2016, 09:59 AM
(13-09-2016 09:45 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 08:40 AM)morondog Wrote:  Your approach to fixing a country is that of a chimpanzee fixing a computer.

In my view, everyone else has found their niche and there is no room for me to become successful. Some chaos might just be what I need. There are so many rules out there to keep competition out of it, even starting a business is difficult. If I started landscaping for example, the landscapers currently in the area would have a cow because of routes and shit. Not to mention the ones that take a van to home depot and pick up a bunch of illegals to do the work for them. They won't pay taxes for those employees, because they are not employees. No overhead, except for the mowers and gas.

You think you have the skills to come out on top if everything is thrown into chaos?

And again you blame everyone else for what they have that you don't. Your 'niche' is to whine and in that you are successful. What you need is find a skill that's marketable.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
13-09-2016, 10:07 AM

One has to say total stability does not create growth or advance society. Evolution depends on stress, a bit of chaos. War is the mother of many inventions.

With the current stresses and chaos surrounding the current election can American politics ever be the same again? Lets hope its evolution is into something fit for purpose.

Certainly ain't at the moment!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
13-09-2016, 10:09 AM
(13-09-2016 10:07 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 06:53 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  That is one thing I am hoping for. I am truly hoping to fix the country. If all I can get is 4 to 8 years of disorder, then so be it.
One has to say total stability does not create growth or advance society. Evolution depends on stress, a bit of chaos. War is the mother of many inventions.

With the current stresses and chaos surrounding the current election can American politics ever be the same again? Lets hope its evolution is into something fit for purpose.

Certainly ain't at the moment!

Looks more like "devolution" to me.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
13-09-2016, 10:21 AM
(11-09-2016 02:32 PM)Vosur Wrote:  On Twitter today: "If Hillary can't make it through a 9/11 ceremony, how is she supposed to make it through an actual 9/11?"

Consider

You seriously thought there was merit in that tweet? Consider

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
13-09-2016, 10:49 AM
(13-09-2016 10:21 AM)Impulse Wrote:  You seriously thought there was merit in that tweet? Consider
It would probably make for a more productive conversation if you told me why you disagree.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
13-09-2016, 11:26 AM
(13-09-2016 10:49 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 10:21 AM)Impulse Wrote:  You seriously thought there was merit in that tweet? Consider
It would probably make for a more productive conversation if you told me why you disagree.

Nope. You reposted the tweet, you back it up. You're not special.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post