Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
14-09-2016, 08:01 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(14-09-2016 07:10 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 12:35 AM)morondog Wrote:  So your solution to the fact that everyone else is successful and you're not is... to advocate war? You have *such* a goddamn problem with *other* people making money that you'd like the *entire* country to be fucked over just so you can improve your already comfortable lot. Selfish DICKHEAD.

By the way who is the enemy? You've still not said.

Not to mention that, if he can't make it in normal society, what makes him think he can make it in "chaos"? I could see somebody like yakherder thriving in the midst of chaos and disorder, but birdguy? No way. He would be among the first to die. Be careful what you wish for, birdguy.

Sad but true. Birdie doesn't understand the global dynamics that are causing economic conditions to be different than in 1950. He does not get why people need masters degrees where a high school attendance record sufficed in the 50s.

So he blames everyone else because a demagogue told him it's their fault. Yet America, as is, remains his best meaningful chance at anything. Anarchy will just amplify his whining.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2016, 08:48 AM
(14-09-2016 08:01 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 07:10 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Not to mention that, if he can't make it in normal society, what makes him think he can make it in "chaos"? I could see somebody like yakherder thriving in the midst of chaos and disorder, but birdguy? No way. He would be among the first to die. Be careful what you wish for, birdguy.

Sad but true. Birdie doesn't understand the global dynamics that are causing economic conditions to be different than in 1950. He does not get why people need masters degrees where a high school attendance record sufficed in the 50s.

So he blames everyone else because a demagogue told him it's their fault. Yet America, as is, remains his best meaningful chance at anything. Anarchy will just amplify his whining.

I'm tempted to tell him, "If you don't like the US, try Syria. There should be enough chaos there for you."

Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
14-09-2016, 10:33 AM
(13-09-2016 09:45 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 08:40 AM)morondog Wrote:  Your approach to fixing a country is that of a chimpanzee fixing a computer.

In my view, everyone else has found their niche and there is no room for me to become successful. Some chaos might just be what I need.

So you'd rather see the lives of 320 million people turned upside down than take yourself back to school?

I gather you had a tough time in school, then.
14-09-2016, 10:39 AM
(14-09-2016 10:33 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 09:45 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  In my view, everyone else has found their niche and there is no room for me to become successful. Some chaos might just be what I need.

So you'd rather see the lives of 320 million people turned upside down than take yourself back to school?

Christ, college isn't that fearful -- if you need to, just take some remedial classes first. Go learn accounting or something, and quit masturbating about your Turner Diaries fantasies, there's a good boy.

As crazy as it might seem, I have an irrational fear of school. I know that I can't go through what I went through as a child, but the fear is there. I would love to go back to school to get a degree. I tried once. Had an anxiety attack. School ruined me. So yes, it may sound cold of me I do want chaos. Through chaos I can flourish, because it would become anarchy.
14-09-2016, 10:49 AM
(13-09-2016 01:43 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 11:38 AM)Anjele Wrote:  For all of you who are concerned about Hillary's health because she has been unwell lately...do none of you know of someone who appeared to be perfectly healthy and then died suddenly?

There are also people who are dealing with health issues but are still quite capable of functioning in a productive fashion.

If we decide that someone who 'might' die shouldn't be elected president then we have to remove everyone from the running.

There are no health guarantees for anyone.

And in any case, that is why we have the Vice President. As a separate issue, maybe after the election, we should fix the constitution to iron out areas of uncertainty in the event of death of candidates or Presidents - at this point in history it all ought to be clear. Even in the unlikeliest of events(President, VP, Majority Leader of Congress, etc deceased) it should be a matter of simply identifying someone to take over(at least in the interim) from an exhaustive list of possibilities.

I believe that it can be done by statute; no amendment to the Constitution necessary.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-09-2016, 10:54 AM
That's a joke, right? You've just been fucking with everyone to this point? That has to be it because there is no other explanation for you.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
14-09-2016, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2016 07:05 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(13-09-2016 01:43 PM)tomilay Wrote:  And in any case, that is why we have the Vice President. As a separate issue, maybe after the election, we should fix the constitution to iron out areas of uncertainty in the event of death of candidates or Presidents - at this point in history it all ought to be clear. Even in the unlikeliest of events(President, VP, Majority Leader of Congress, etc deceased) it should be a matter of simply identifying someone to take over(at least in the interim) from an exhaustive list of possibilities.

I'm not sure that's needed. We already have a law on the books defining succession in the event of the President's death or other inability to discharge his duties. And the constitution being a blueprint for government, having it define how this or that group of people must replace their nominee (who may well be entirely unattached to the government in any form as yet) seems a bit heavy-handed. Why not let them decide for themselves?

I think a much more important task in this regard is to update our voting equipment. Relying on physical, printed ballots means that a late change on a ticket cannot be presented to the voting public in a timely manner. One more argument for 100% electronic voting -- if the candidate dies a week before the election, his or her replacement can still get their name in the voter's face in the voting booth.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
14-09-2016, 10:56 AM
(14-09-2016 10:54 AM)BnW Wrote:  That's a joke, right? You've just been fucking with everyone to this point? That has to be it because there is no other explanation for you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-09-2016, 10:59 AM
(14-09-2016 05:46 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 03:51 PM)BnW Wrote:  Just so I'm clear, you think Clinton IS a narcissist and Trump IS NOT a narcissist?

For, the record, I think anyone who runs for that level of office has to be somewhat of a narcissist. I don't think it's possible to climb that high and not be. You have to be somewhat of a sociopath too. I'm just stunned that there is someone who looks at the two candidates and things Clinton is the one with the obvious narcissism problem.

Did you just call every president in history a sociopath?

Yes. Yes I did. That's probably an exaggeration but I suspect the vast majority of them had sociopathic tendencies. You can't do that job if you're the type to get bogged down in people's emotions. I'm not suggesting they were all psychotic (just a few Tongue ) but I bet most were sociopaths.

14-09-2016, 11:00 AM
(14-09-2016 10:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 10:54 AM)BnW Wrote:  That's a joke, right? You've just been fucking with everyone to this point? That has to be it because there is no other explanation for you.

No, it was a response to birdbrains comments about being afraid of school so war was better.