Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
19-09-2016, 08:44 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
"Hillary Clinton's IT consultant ('stonetear') has been erasing his secret comments from Reddit on redacting her emails made two years ago."
-WikiLeaks (https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/778...741960192)

The most transparent candidate in history™

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2016, 08:52 PM
(19-09-2016 08:44 PM)Vosur Wrote:  "Hillary Clinton's IT consultant ('stonetear') has been erasing his secret comments from Reddit on redacting her emails made two years ago."

The linked page says it doesn’t exist. Huh

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
19-09-2016, 08:59 PM
(19-09-2016 08:52 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 08:44 PM)Vosur Wrote:  "Hillary Clinton's IT consultant ('stonetear') has been erasing his secret comments from Reddit on redacting her emails made two years ago."

The linked page says it doesn’t exist. Huh
The MyBB forum software isn't sophisticated enough to recognize the context of the link by itself so when you click on it, it adds the bracket to the end of the URL. If you remove it, it should work fine.

Here's an article from The Hill about it: http://thehill.com/policy/national-secur...ton-emails

20-09-2016, 07:43 AM
Seems PAR for the course with the Clinton's. If a regular citizen has stuff they don't want seen as it might cause prison time, they (FBI and others) can not only raid your home and confiscate your hardware, but also see a record of all you have been doing online through your ISP and use that to hang you if you destroyed or disposed of the evidence. It just goes to show the corruption that she is not rotting in prison.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
20-09-2016, 09:00 AM
(20-09-2016 07:43 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Seems PAR for the course with the Clinton's. If a regular citizen has stuff they don't want seen as it might cause prison time, they (FBI and others) can not only raid your home and confiscate your hardware, but also see a record of all you have been doing online through your ISP and use that to hang you if you destroyed or disposed of the evidence. It just goes to show the corruption that she is not rotting in prison.

Actually what it shows is the lengths people will go to to try to destroy other people. They have been investigating her since she was back in Arkansas and have not found anything to really pin on her yet. Just spending millions and millions o taxpayers' dollars chasing after her and inventing one accusation after the other. Three decades of digging up shit and throwing it and nothing yet sticks or has been real enuff to convict her. Get over it already.
[+] 4 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
20-09-2016, 02:54 PM
The Republicans should be worried about a Trump victory. The party won't survive a Trump victory. If he loses they may come out of this stronger. When Jennifer Rubin is writing the obituary for her own party you know shit's fucked up.

"No matter what Hillary Clinton’s faults — and they are many — it is hard to seriously argue that a man who would lead a racist conspiracy theory and then try to blame his opponent is fit to be president. Trump, like a small child caught misbehaving, simply denies the evidence or blames someone else or lashes out in anger. (He also this weekend called former defense secretary Robert Gates a “clown” in response to Gates’s well-reasoned argument that Trump is unfit to serve as commander in chief.) Again and again he’s proven his views so extreme (e.g., rounding up 11 million people), his judgement so egregious (e.g., embracing Vladimir Putin) and his character so twisted that only someone in deep denial or blinded by partisanship could defend him and insist he is worthy of the office."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-09-2016, 03:59 PM
(20-09-2016 09:00 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Actually what it shows is the lengths people will go to to try to destroy other people. They have been investigating her since she was back in Arkansas and have not found anything to really pin on her yet. Just spending millions and millions o taxpayers' dollars chasing after her and inventing one accusation after the other. Three decades of digging up shit and throwing it and nothing yet sticks or has been real enuff to convict her. Get over it already.
That's not a consequence of her innocence, it's a consequence of the relevant laws requiring criminal intent rather than mere negligence. FBI director James Comey was very clear about the severity of her actions, but added that he would not recommend charges because they didn't find evidence of her intending to violate the laws governing the handling of classified information. In other words, you can get away with gravely endangering US national security by carelessly mishandling top secret information so long as you're too ignorant and incompetent to be prosecuted. Heck, when he testified before Congress, he even said that she, a classifying authority as Secretary of State, may not have known that the "©" on a document stands for "Classified."

20-09-2016, 04:13 PM
(20-09-2016 02:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  it is hard to seriously argue that a man who would lead a racist conspiracy theory and then try to blame his opponent is fit to be president. Trump, like a small child caught misbehaving, simply denies the evidence or blames someone else or lashes out in anger.

Textbook malignant narcissist. See, the disorder is caused in early development, or at least that is the prevailing theory (please don't ask for a quote, the topic is a quagmire and quotes are buried in university papers). It occurs at the stage where the infant learns the distinction between "you" and "me". This distinction is never made, there is only a "me". The person grows up seeing the world as a theater with him/her as real person and the rest puppets that need to be manipulated to cater to "me". Empathy and related reactions are missing. Early on the child learns to mirror these emotions because manipulating works so much better that way. And now mirroring becomes a good choice. When you watch Trump - whatever someone accuses him of, he accuses them of the same thing. Someone says he is unfit for presidency - he throws it back at Hillary. Someone says he is crooked - bang, it's now crooked Hilary. These things become the cornerstone of his strategy - he repeats them over and over until everyone associates them with his opponent. They become a nick name.

Then there is the bragging - s/he is the best, knows the best, has the best and so on.

Lashing out in anger is the "malignant" part. There are narcissists that are conceited but otherwise ok. Those are not malignant.

Malignant narcissists trade in a currency - called narcissistic supply. The narcissist operates in a likeable fashion as long as the "supply" keeps flowing - people admire him/her. If the supply gets cut off, s/he becomes either a petulant child, just makes up outrageous lies (that happens constantly, there are no lies in their minds) or gets very angry.

My fear, and the reason why I think a Trump presidency needs to be avoided at all cost, is this disorder. He is a text book case.

You can believe what I just wrote or not. My research may be outdated and a lot of gaps may have been filled in by now. I have had cause to research this very carefully over a long period of time, and I won't get into why, nor will I venture out into that territory to gather links for you - I don't trust that my PTSD will stay at bay if I do. Some things are better left alone.

In any case, I see Trump as a ticking bomb. He is going to go off, we just don't know when.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 8 users Like Dom's post
20-09-2016, 04:52 PM
(20-09-2016 04:13 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 02:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  it is hard to seriously argue that a man who would lead a racist conspiracy theory and then try to blame his opponent is fit to be president. Trump, like a small child caught misbehaving, simply denies the evidence or blames someone else or lashes out in anger.

Textbook malignant narcissist. See, the disorder is caused in early development, or at least that is the prevailing theory (please don't ask for a quote, the topic is a quagmire and quotes are buried in university papers). It occurs at the stage where the infant learns the distinction between "you" and "me". This distinction is never made, there is only a "me". The person grows up seeing the world as a theater with him/her as real person and the rest puppets that need to be manipulated to cater to "me". ...

Goddam. And here I thought I was God.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
20-09-2016, 05:35 PM
(20-09-2016 04:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 04:13 PM)Dom Wrote:  Textbook malignant narcissist. See, the disorder is caused in early development, or at least that is the prevailing theory (please don't ask for a quote, the topic is a quagmire and quotes are buried in university papers). It occurs at the stage where the infant learns the distinction between "you" and "me". This distinction is never made, there is only a "me". The person grows up seeing the world as a theater with him/her as real person and the rest puppets that need to be manipulated to cater to "me". ...

Goddam. And here I thought I was God.

There are quite a few of them. Tongue It's a more common disorder than you think. Another characteristic is lawsuits - revenge is often taken with lawsuits. When you see a person who files lots of frivolous lawsuits, that's a red light. The bragging, lying, and the contrast between sweetness and being ice cold are other red lights. In most cases, the personality is quite strong and often they are "bosses". But physically they are big cowards. The ones who don't have the cowardice, the step into psychopathy has happened. It is related.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post