Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
04-10-2016, 05:33 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
What is this Wikileaks's thing?

The word was it was supposed to be huge and directed at Clinton???

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2016, 05:45 PM
(04-10-2016 05:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  What is this Wikileaks's thing?

WikiLeaks Trolls Trump World, Delivers Nothing on Hillary

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-10-2016, 05:50 PM
(04-10-2016 05:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  What is this Wikileaks's thing?

Julian Assange's idea of having a say in the US election. He is a shill for Trump. He was supposed to put a dagger in her back.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
04-10-2016, 05:51 PM
(04-10-2016 02:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 02:31 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I know that both are liars.

I've come to the conclusion that Trump is not a liar. He believes everything he says.

I tend to agree, but would add he doesn't seem strongly to believe most of his own statements. A truth and a lie have the same (negligible) emotional weight to him. Words come out of his mouth and take up the time while he's trying to read the room and figure out whether he needs to bully or wheedle his way to the deal.
04-10-2016, 05:52 PM
(04-10-2016 05:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

WikiLeaks Trolls Trump World, Delivers Nothing on Hillary

Pppppfffffttt!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-10-2016, 11:21 PM
(04-10-2016 05:50 PM)tomilay Wrote:  

Julian Assange's idea of having a say in the US election. He is a shill for Trump. He was supposed to put a dagger in her back.

I don't know why anyone in America would be comfortable with some schmuck from who-knows-where interfering in their election anyway. At the very least I would expect intense scrutiny of who the fuck he is, where the fuck he got whatever documents he's got and who's got their claws in him.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
05-10-2016, 12:32 PM
According to Nate Silver's models Trump has entirely erased the month of September in advancing his chance of success - his likelihood of victory matches what it was in late August. A whole month down the drain.

More interesting is the cliffs Trump keeps falling off of along Nate's models' continua - basically, the periods wherein Trump acts "non-Trumpish" gain him favorability, but the occasions where he reverts to "who he is" trip him off the edge of the precipice. It says two things: The "real" Trump cannot be stomached by a majority, yet some cohort of that majority can nonetheless be taken in by the Trump theater.

As the OP of this thread and the author of its title I have to confess - the last word of the title should now be replaced by "Terrified". Gasp
[+] 6 users Like Airportkid's post
05-10-2016, 12:43 PM
Yeah, I'm a lot more worried than I was six months ago.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
05-10-2016, 12:47 PM
(05-10-2016 12:32 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  As the OP of this thread and the author of its title I have to confess - the last word of the title should now be replaced by "Terrified". Gasp

You can change it by editing the title in the OP. Big Grin

#sigh
05-10-2016, 02:09 PM
(04-10-2016 03:13 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  If Trump were a blazing liberal and he and I synched on every topic vital to my interests I'd still vote against him - his shallowness dooms any chance he'd be effective in a role that, unlike sharpster deal-making, is almost entirely diplomacy.

Agreed.

Diplomacy is part chess, part poker. Meanwhile Donald’s approach appears to be more like dodgeball. No long term thinking, little strategy, just see how hard you can thrown the ball and hit someone.

[Image: 512275P1Q5L.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post