Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
04-05-2016, 10:18 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
Trump will make the welfare kings and queens get jobs by cutting them off.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2016, 10:47 AM
(04-05-2016 10:18 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Trump will make the welfare kings and queens get jobs by cutting them off.

I thought welfare queens were a myth Reagan created.
04-05-2016, 10:50 AM
(04-05-2016 10:47 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 10:18 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Trump will make the welfare kings and queens get jobs by cutting them off.

They are, most people on government assistance are either disabled or working a low paying job already. But birdbrain saw a guy once so every study of the last 30 years is wrong because as we know anecdote> data

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
04-05-2016, 10:59 AM
Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
Breaking news! John Katshit just dropped out!

Trump is the man.

President Trump. Say it with me now.

P r e s i d e n t T r u m p

Trump Trump Trump Trump

USA USA USA USA
04-05-2016, 11:00 AM
(04-05-2016 10:47 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

If only that was the case. No, they are real. I used to be a security guard at a supermarket. There were a lot of foodstamp people buying stuff they didn't need. One couple in particular would come in at least once a week and buy $900 at a time of powdered baby formula using up to 4 different foodstamp cards. I have surveillance video somewhere around of them. There are a lot more people than you think bleeding the system dry. Just check out youtube. There are lots of videos of people like that. Many live better than we do. I know that not all of them leach off the system, but at this point I think there are more people screwing the taxpayers than not.
04-05-2016, 12:31 PM

In order to do this or anything else, Trump would have to (1) win the Presidency, and (2) get Congress to agree with whatever it is he wants to do. I think the chances of either one of those things happening are extremely slim, particularly if the Democrats get control of the Senate.

In any event, Trump all by himself has no power to do anything at all to "welfare queens". What's he going to do, tell them "You're fired!"?
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
04-05-2016, 01:14 PM
(04-05-2016 11:00 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 10:47 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I thought welfare queens were a myth Reagan created.

If only that was the case. No, they are real. I used to be a security guard at a supermarket. There were a lot of foodstamp people buying stuff they didn't need. One couple in particular would come in at least once a week and buy $900 at a time of powdered baby formula using up to 4 different foodstamp cards. I have surveillance video somewhere around of them. There are a lot more people than you think bleeding the system dry. Just check out youtube. There are lots of videos of people like that. Many live better than we do. I know that not all of them leach off the system, but at this point I think there are more people screwing the taxpayers than not.

There's plenty of problems with people using foodstamps apart of not buying things wisely, most people without them don't buy wisely either. People with stamps often don't have great options of education to know how to buy better or cook well and sine cases don't have time.

There are bettering options in programs such as ones that make fresh vegetables and fruits cost less for relative purchase with food stamps.

But some people who are anti government assists in general opposed to just wanting more effective measures halt that from developing as well it can as a method.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
04-05-2016, 01:16 PM
(04-05-2016 11:00 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I know that not all of them leach off the system, but at this point I think there are more people screwing the taxpayers than not.

I'm not saying you're wrong about what you saw, but what makes you think this last part is true?

Every one I've known on some form of assistance either couldn't work, or couldn't make ends meet with their job alone. Again, I'm not saying that no one has ever abused the system, but what proof is there that they are a majority of recipients?
04-05-2016, 01:40 PM
(04-05-2016 10:59 AM)KUSA Wrote:  Breaking news! John Katshit just dropped out!

Trump is the man.

President Trump. Say it with me now.

P r e s i d e n t T r u m p

Trump Trump Trump Trump

USA USA USA USA

Stop pretending like you know how this will turn out. You don't.

04-05-2016, 01:44 PM
(04-05-2016 12:31 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

In order to do this or anything else, Trump would have to (1) win the Presidency, and (2) get Congress to agree with whatever it is he wants to do. I think the chances of either one of those things happening are extremely slim, particularly if the Democrats get control of the Senate.

In any event, Trump all by himself has no power to do anything at all to "welfare queens". What's he going to do, tell them "You're fired!"?

Trump will just use executive order like Obama does and bypass Congress.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]