Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-10-2016, 04:44 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
Hi,

This latest stuff, with the tape, is just vile.

It is less than a month to the end of this s*** show and then hopefully that is the end of it.

D.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2016, 06:09 PM
This shit show is going to go all the way to the SCOTUS, just like Dubya's election. The Donald will be making hay on this for the rest of his life.
07-10-2016, 11:20 PM
For those of you who have been eyeing off-planet real estate in the event that Trump wins the election here's an interesting scenario for you.

Trumplosion: Trump's image is built entirely around winning. He's going to win so much... You know the blather. So what happens when it becomes inescapably obvious that Trump isn't winning. That what he is doing is losing and he's doing it by fucking up beyond everybody's wildest expectations? Well, then his least firmly attached supporters start deserting the sinking SS Trumptanic. That further depresses his polling numbers, making him even less of a winner, and even more desert. It's a glorious little positive feedback loop that could leave him with precious little support come election day.

He'll have to be down by a fairly obvious margin for this to be likely, but he lost the first debate resoundingly, giving Hillary a ~5% lead in the polls and has had a catastrophic week in the news. That's where he stands heading into the second debate tomorrow night. I doubt that Hillary will fail to capitalize on his taxes or misogyny. If he can't pull the second debate off better than the first then he's done for. Few will even bother tuning in to give him a third chance. That could be enough to push the polls high enough to trigger a Trumplosion. Time will tell.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
07-10-2016, 11:23 PM
(07-10-2016 06:09 PM)Fireball Wrote:  This shit show is going to go all the way to the SCOTUS, just like Dubya's election. The Donald will be making hay on this for the rest of his life.

Dubya's 2000 election only went to the courts because it was a near thing. Trump will do the same if it's as close. Any sane politician would. If he loses by a large margin, as the polls show him doing now, they'll simply laugh him out of court. The RNC won't even bother backing his insane claims.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
07-10-2016, 11:24 PM
I thought the debate was Sunday night?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-10-2016, 11:40 PM
[Image: 114ehb.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
08-10-2016, 02:16 AM
"...that's what scares me the most about this election. I'm no longer scared that he's [Trump] going to win; I'm don't know that I ever really was, but I'm not scared of that. I'm scared that he's going to lose, and he's going to question the legitimacy of his electoral defeat in an unprecedented and terrifying way, and motivate the people who are already talking about fucking 'Second Amendment remedies' and shit to finally actually do something with their stupidity. And not, you know, limit it to a birding station."
-Noah Lugeons, co-host of The Scathing Atheist, God Awful Movies, and The Skepticrat podcasts.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
08-10-2016, 03:01 AM
(08-10-2016 02:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  "...that's what scares me the most about this election. I'm no longer scared that he's [Trump] going to win; I'm don't know that I ever really was, but I'm not scared of that. I'm scared that he's going to lose, and he's going to question the legitimacy of his electoral defeat in an unprecedented and terrifying way, and motivate the people who are already talking about fucking 'Second Amendment remedies' and shit to finally actually do something with their stupidity. And not, you know, limit it to a birding station."
-Noah Lugeons, co-host of The Scathing Atheist, God Awful Movies, and The Skepticrat podcasts.

Valid fear there, unless the Rump just says, "Ha, ha, got you all going there, suckers!" if he loses.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
08-10-2016, 05:46 AM
(07-10-2016 02:46 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Trump on Hot Mic: 'When You're a Star ... You Can Do Anything' to Women
by JANE C. TIMM

A decade before Donald Trump became the Republican nominee for president, his candid views on women were caught on tape.

"I'm automatically attracted to beautiful women — I just start kissing them, it's like a magnet," Trump said in 2005 during a conversation with Billy Bush caught on audio during the taping of an interview for Access Hollywood. "I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything… Grab 'em by the pussy."

Ten years later, Trump as a candidate and now as the Republican nominee has come under fire for insulting and directing crude language toward women. He’s rejected such criticism repeatedly, insisting "nobody has more respect for women than me."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-ele...do-n662116

Such class, such panache. Rolleyes

I can do that too. Here is Hilary laughing about setting a rapist free. Now I see why she likes islamists so much.

08-10-2016, 05:56 AM
(08-10-2016 05:46 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I can do that too. Here is Hilary laughing about setting a rapist free. Now I see why she likes islamists so much.

hmmmmm .... Consider .... let's see what Snopes has to say. So if by "setting free" you mean "going to jail", well that's some deep metaphysical shit right there.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post